276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Castle of Dusk and Shadows: A Fae Pride and Prejudice Retelling (Fae of Brytwilde)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The characters that Rachel wrote and brought to life are so lovable and you can't help but fall in love with them.

The tension between Fitz and Elle was great, and in true PnP fashion he falls first and fights it, and she despises what he stands for, or rather what she THINKS he stands for.It had all the characters from Pride and Prejudice that we know and love, and some of the situations that we don't so much (anything pertaining to Mr. But once we entered Brytwilde I understood the reasons why Schade started the story the way she did. After her father dies suddenly, Elle’s family is forced to make good on their arranged marriage with the Prince and heir to the throne.

When I first heard of Castle of Dusk and Shadow, I was fully on board, a loose retelling of my favorite Pride and Prejudice… Sign me up! This book did have ghosts and spirits in it, but it was done in a way that was spooky without being weird. I also really enjoyed seeing how Elle grapples with being accepted by the land to wield the power Fitz has bestowed on her. The things Fitz would say to Elle would have me melting in a puddle, I understand her hesitation, but if a man said half the things to me that he did to her, I would forever be swooning. The romance is very slow burn (which Rachel excels at 😆) and there is plenty of tension and glances when they don’t think the other is looking 😂 I’ll include a list of tropes below but Fitz is the kind of fae to maim and ask questions later.This a loose retelling of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice and the author does a good job of being faithful to that story. I don’t believe for a second that anyone aged 18 who lives in a world like she does would be so obnoxious…isn’t that what the littlest sister is for? it had everything i loved about the cruel prince and everything i look for in a fantasy romance but with no spice and i loved it.

This is fantasy book that has some romantic elements and those elements are really only there to further the plot. Schade was born on the first day of summer in a small town in Michigan, only to end up in another small town in Ohio.Shade's Castle of Dusk and Shadows last year but had been waiting for it to come out in audiobook to give it a re-read with that extra level of entertainment!

From that moment on, Elle finds herself thrust into the Kingdom's dark secrets, including an unsolved murder among the closest of the Ashwood family.

This would be a great book to read in the fall because it has all of the spooky vibes with the haunted forest and castle, but of course any time is a good time for spooky-ness! Immerse yourself in Fae of Brytwilde, a series of standalone fantasy romance novels all set in the same fae world and loosely inspired by Jane Austen's novels. In this retelling, Elle, our FMC, is forced to make rashed decisions that end up getting her married to the cold, dark, mysterious, and handsome (😍) fae prince, Fitz, to save her family. Ich habe dieses Buch am „stuff your Kindle day“ kostenlos runtergeladen, da ein gothic pride and predjudice retelling genau mein Herbst-Geschmack ist. It would be super interesting to be inside his head and to be able to read his actual thoughts when the story was unfolding.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment