276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Lion Who Wanted To Love

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Another idea is that this book could be used for letter writing. The children could write thank you notes from Leo to the animals that saved him. This would be great for Talk for Writing as the children could learn the book, use drama to re-enact the story. Eventually the children would be able to write their own version of the story, either changing the ending or writing from the view of a different character. The Lion Who Wanted To Love is a beautiful story about a lion who is outcast from his family because he wants to show love rather than hunting animals. I think that this sends a really powerful message out to children. it shows them that the values of kindness and love are important and that strength is not all about physicality but the ability to stand up for yourself and to be proud of difference. He fell in the river. Animals and his mother helped him. He rescued cheetah from the river. He rescued many other animals. His mother admit his thought. He became excited to help animals. He rescued little antelopes from leopards. He crept to the jungle, because he couldn't He became king of the pride. hunt.

I would use this book during PSHE when discussing topics such as inclusivity. I think its a great way to show the children that its okay to be different as long as they are kind to one another and accepting of each other. When I was asked to read this book by a child I never thought it would have such a special and heartwarming story that shows just how important kindness is. This book has so many things you could learn from Leo's story like showing that being kind will bring you friends, you don't need to hurt others to survive and there'll always be someone willing to help in your time of need, you shouldn't judge people for being different, teamwork and how sometimes it's best to work together to get things done and of course how you shouldn't try to change yourself and should stand up for what you believe in even when times are hard and everyone seems to be against you because you appear to be a threat because you believe differently. I think this last one is what makes Leo and his story so special.The Lion Who Wanted To Love is another book I have chosen by Giles Andreae. It tells the story of a lion cub who has no wish to fight and hunt other animals, but instead just wants to love them and be friends with them. His mother is worried that Leo will never survive in the wild if he does not learn to hunt for his food. Because he doesn't want to harm other animals he is told to leave the pride and so he goes off on his own and proceeds to make friends and live with the other animals in the jungle. He takes care of them and rescues them when they get into difficulties. Eventually Leo, with the help of his jungle friends, saves a young cheetah that falls into a river, and all the othere lions agree that he is a very brave lion and asks him to become their king, because he has so much love in his heart. Giles started writing stories when he was a primary school. He studied English at Oxford University and his first book for children, Rumble in the Jungle, was an instant hit. Giles has gone on to write many bestselling books for children, including The Lion Who Wanted to Love, winner of the Red House Book Award, and I Love My Mummy, winner of the Booktrust Early Years Award. Giraffes Can’t Dance, published in 1999, has become an international children’s classic, selling over 1.5 million copies worldwide. Main character Leo is the main character of this book. He is a baby lion. He has got orange skin. He loves other animals. Also, he is very kind for other animals. He helped many animals in the story.Therefore he doesn't want to hunt other animals. He is kind, but he is also very brave. In the story, he rescued antelopes from leopards. I choke a little on this one. WHAT DOES LEO EAT? And if he’s going to be king of the lion pride, how is he going to balance what his family eats with his need to be friends with everyone? Most of the illustrations are very cute and well done, though most of the river scenes leave something to be desired, especially since it’s supposed to be a swift-moving river, but Leo seems to hardly move downstream in the time it takes to gather help.

Personal reflection: I loved this book, it made me want to cry. Leo the lion reminds everyone to do the right thing. I love how this book explains that being kind brings you so many friends and benefits in the long run, and going against the tide can be very beneficial. At least he doesn’t have to conform to be accepted again, like poor Gerald in Giraffes Can’t Dance by the same author. This book could be used for many situations. I used this book twice on SBT2 twice; once for guided reading and another time for drama. This book is good to use for PSHE and citizenship. Here, the children could talk why people hunt (for food) and about whether love is more important. Giles’s children’s books have, to date, sold more than 3 million copies, making him one of the most successful children’s authors working today.The children enjoyed listening to Leo's story and seeing the friends he made in his home. The rhyming story and bright and colourful illustrations kept their attention and they liked seeing all the other animals her made friends with, particularly when they all worked together to save the day. It was lovely to get to know Leo and through the story an do illustrations it wasn't great how clearly you could see the emotions he felt throughout the book. Giles Andreae is one of the most successful children’s writers today, and is best known for his picture books like Commotion in the Ocean. This is one of my favorite books. It has an unusual rhyming pattern which makes it so different from other poetry/storybooks I've read. Messages This book is saying to little children "If you help somebody, they will remember and they will help you". Also this book is saying "Don't change mind if you think it's right. If it's right, people will admit that thought".

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment