276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ninja Kid: From Nerd to Ninja

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Samurai: Samurai, usually referred to in Japanese as bushi, were the military nobility of medieval and early modern Japan who worked for a particular Daimyo. While the samurai numbered less than 10% of Japan’s population, their teachings can still be found today in both everyday life and in modern Japanese martial arts.

We sell over 20,000 different maths books, handwriting books, revision guides, practice tests and more for children of all ages! We don't just sell English and maths, we also Daimyo: The Daimyo were the powerful Feudal lords in pre-modern Japan who ruled most of the country from their vast, hereditary land holdings. Subordinate only to the shogun, daimyo were the most powerful feudal rulers from the 10th century to the middle 19th century in Japan. There were about 260 daimyo by the end of the feudal era. Inside: Does your child love everything ninja and martial arts? Take a look at our top selections of the best ninja books for kids! sell kids learning books in coding, computer science, verbal reasoning, geography and even murder mysteries! Ninja: A ninja or shinobi was a covert agent or mercenary in feudal Japan. The functions of the ninja included espionage, sabotage, infiltration, and assassination, and open combat in certain situations. Their covert methods of waging war contrasted the ninja with the samurai, who observed strict rules about honor and combat.

Home Learning Packs

He must stop a hungry Daimyo (warlord) from developing a powerful new weapon from the west that would threaten the fragile peace finally established in Japan. Kung Fu: Chinese martial arts, colloquially referred to as kung fu or gung fu and wushu, are a number of fighting styles that have developed over the centuries in China. I’ve enjoyed McCully’s artwork since I read Mirette on the High Wire. In this book, her paintings have so much movement, and her landscapes in particular are gorgeous. Mingyi’s initial impetuousness and Wu Mei’s serenity as a nun both clearly show in their expressions and body language. I was so glad to find a historical, female-centric martial arts book to complement some of the more modern, funny martial arts books we’ve also enjoyed.

It's easy to get lost with the number of subjects and topics and there's plenty of distractions at home. My son delighted in this easy chapter book series when he was in first and second grade about a Japanese ninja family with special abilities to turn into their spirit animal. [easy chapter book series, ages 6 and up]

My Grandma’s a Ninja, by Todd Tarpley and Danny Chatzikonstantinou

There are bad guys out to get her and her new-found Japanese family (also well-trained as ninjas). But why is the person who is responsible for capturing her so alluring? This YA action adventure love story is non-stop action as Jet fights to save a sacred mountain in Japan. [young adult, ages 10 and up] Boy Detective’s eyes got really big when I pulled this out of the library shelf, and we had to bring it home. How could this cover not catch your eye? Goto’s paintings are absolutely gorgeous, with a gravity to them that goes with the story. His book is about what qualities make a person truly great, learned by a swordmaker’s apprentice who watches his master evaluate candidates for ownership of the sword. If you need a bedtime book about samurai and swords, this is the one. If you have a physical disability, can you still train in the hand-to-hand combat martial arts of a ninja or a samurai warrior? My kids are one-quarter Japanese and they wish that their Japanese ancestry is steeped in the way of the ninja. It’s not. Their heritage is actually that of Daimyo, a feudal landowner/warlord, and our ancestors are located about one hour outside of the city of Hiroshima.

Carefully selected by educational experts, our home learning books break down complex subjects and topics into simple bite-size chunks. This is my kind of martial arts book; a beautifully illustrated picture book by Emily Arnold McCully who never wrote a bad book. It’s a semi-autobiographical story about the Shaolin Temple monks who developed and train in Kung Fu martial arts as part of their spiritual studies. There are so many books about young "Ninja Maxwell" by Arree Chung that we can't decide which one is our favorite because we love them all so much, too. This one, on the other hand, always makes me laugh. It drives Maxwell crazy when his parents and little sister are too busy to play with him. While he meditates alone, though, they come up with a plan of their own. They surprise him with some ninja moves of their own. One of the best stories about the power of being in one's "clan." Wink: The Ninja Who Wanted to be Noticed, by J.C. PhillipsWink really wants to be good at ninja school, but he also craves attention. He needs to find his own path! Though this is a story about being yourself, it’s not a story about rebellion and rejection. Wink doesn’t disrespect his ninja school master. His master ends up pleased that Wink has figured himself out. And it’s Wink’s grandmother’s advice that helps him finds his way. The sheer joy at the end of this book made my day. We love Dan Santat’s illustration work. Combining it with Schwartz’s fresh spin on the Three Little Pigs ends up very cute. The ending won’t be much of a surprise for adults, but I love the spotlight on a female ninja and the happy ending achieved through practice. This book worked well even though Boy Detective wasn’t familiar with the Three Little Pigs fairy tale, as the strong storytelling and humor in this version stand completely on their own. The second Wink book loses some of the respect I appreciated in the first book, as the ninja school master is presented in a more stereotyped way, like a generic “Asian wise man” from a kung fu movie – and Wink reacts to his sayings with disdain.) There’s a new reading holiday — and trust us, you won’t see this one coming. December 5th has been declared National Ninja Day, and the team behind “ Ninjas Reads” wants you and your martial arts-loving kids to celebrate all things masked and sneaky by organizing a “Ninja Storytime” where you can all read some cool ninja books for kids. Sounds fun, right? Engaging comic panel illustrationsdepict the story of a dejected ninja who wants to play with his family but everyone is too busy. But when it’s dinnertime, maybe his ninja clan family will surprise him.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment