276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Yucky Worms (Nature Storybooks)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The illustrations really made me love this book even more. Not only are they clear and fun but there are also lots of little extras going on in each picture and the best part of all the illustrations is the fact they are quite funny with little speech bubbles and comments made by the worms and other insects. There’s something about funny pictures that makes them more fun to read and I can see kids really enjoying looking over this book again and again and spotting all the extra things in the pictures like extra worms, insects, toys and cats. It makes each picture more interesting and fun and I’ve always felt that books with extra things to see in the picture make it great fun to re-read. Understanding the World ELG: People, Culture and Communities. Explain some similarities and differences between life in this country and life in other countries, drawing on knowledge from stories, non-fiction texts and – when appropriate – maps. Mathematics ELG: Numerical Patterns. Compare quantities up to 10 in different contexts, recognising when one quantity is greater than, less than or the same as the other quantity;

Understanding the World ELG: People, Culture and Communities. Describe their immediate environment using knowledge from observation, discussion, stories, non-fiction texts and maps As a picture book I would really recommend this for all kids. What I love is how at the end kids are taught to be respectful when seeing and handling worms. I remember when I was at school as a kid myself, there were some young kids who treated worms like a play-thing and were quite cruel in the way they handled them. But with this book it can really change your perspective and although I always knew worms are good for your garden, I never knew just how good or how amazing these little creatures are! Understanding the World ELG: People, Culture and Communities. Explain some similarities and differences between life in this country and life in other countries, drawing on knowledge from stories, non-fiction texts and –when appropriate – maps. Who would have thought those little wrigglers we call worms would be such a high importance in our environment?! This book explores the nature of humble worms and what job roles they have. From recycling our waste to make rich compost for your garden which your crops will love, what they eat, how they aerate and improve the soil, how they move around as well as explaining the anatomy of those 'underground farmers!'The true story of the wolf that turned a wolf killer into a wolf champion. Beautiful and unflinching, tragic and inspiring. Understanding the World ELG: The Natural World- Understand some important processes and changes in the natural world around them, including the seasons and changing states of matter. The book is told from the point of view of the young boy who is spending the day with his Gran while she tends to the garden. When she digs up a worm he’s disgusted at first but then his Gran starts to explain just how great these creatures are. Although it sounds a little like a fiction story it’s a non-fiction book and there are a lot of worm facts explained in a really fun way. Something about the ‘story’ aspect of the book just seems to work and makes it easier and more engaging to learn about worms. Understanding the World ELG: People, Culture and Communities. Describe their immediate environment using knowledge from observation, discussion, stories, non-fiction texts and maps; Read our review of Can We Save the Tiger? 2. The Wilderness War -Julia Green (Oxford University Press)

Understanding the World ELG: The Natural World. Explore the natural world around them, making observations and drawing pictures of animals and plants;BookTrust Lifetime Achievement Award winner Helen Oxenbury: 'I love to get across what people are feeling' Understanding the World ELG: People and Communities. Describe their immediate environment using knowledge from observation, discussion, stories, non-fiction texts and maps. Expressive Arts and Design ELG: Creating with Materials. Safely use and explore a variety of materials, tools and techniques, experimenting with colour, design, texture, form and function; Understanding the World ELG The Natural World. Understand some important processes and changes in the natural world around them, including the seasons and changing states of matter. Understanding the World ELG: The Natural World. Know some similarities and differences between the natural world around

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment