276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Plastic Beach

£13.99£27.98Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Frenette, Brad (22 September 2008). "Gorillaz Monkey around: Damon Albarn and Jamie Hewlett on their new album". National Post. Archived from the original on 22 January 2010 . Retrieved 5 October 2008. Damon Albarn got the idea for Plastic Beach while on a beach next to his house: "I was just looking for all the plastic within the sand", he said. [3] On 17 September 2008, Albarn and Jamie Hewlett announced that they would be doing another Gorillaz album in an interview with CBC News. [6] Hewlett said that from their work on Monkey, "we just learned more about what we do, musically and artistically. That's a great place to come at when we come to another Gorillaz album. It doesn't have to be animation and music". [7] Hewlett also expressed annoyance at having to draw the band members again: "I'm so f---ing[ sic] bored of drawing those characters. But then we had a moment where we had a new angle on it... I'm gonna adapt them". [6] In a later interview Hewlett said: "they'll be the same characters, but a little bit older and told in a different way". [8] This section needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sourcesin this section. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed.

The records come in two full colour glossy printed inner sleeves, housed in a gatefold outer sleeve. Plastic Beach debuted at number two on the UK Albums Chart, selling 74,432 copies in its first week. [58] The album also debuted at number two on the US Billboard 200 with first-week sales of 112,000 copies, of which 62,000 were digital copies. [59] [60] As of 25 March 2010, Plastic Beach sold 8,136 copies in Japan and debuted at number 17 on the Oricon Albums Chart. Selling 13,822 copies in France, Plastic Beach debuted at number two on the SNEP albums chart. [61] Nice and quiet, heavy vinyl (I added "180g" to this release because, well, it is), plays nicely without any hiccups, sounds just great - I agree with others in that is has a very "clear" sound, also a bit "bouncier" compared to digital. Beautiful pressing, sounds great right out of the box, without needing to clean it a dozen times in an ultrasonic apparatus first. Gorillaz Partnership under exclusive license to Warner Records Inc. ℗2010 Parlophone Records Limited, under exclusive license to Warner Records Inc. 5099962616614. Made in Argentina. Gorillaz – Plastic Beach: Exclusive album preview". The Guardian. London. 1 March 2010 . Retrieved 10 March 2010.ARIA Urban Album Chart – Week Commencing 15th March 2010" (PDF). The ARIA Report. No.1046. 15 March 2010. p.19. Archived from the original (PDF) on 23 March 2010 . Retrieved 4 July 2021– via National Library of Australia. Dietz, Jason (6 December 2010). "2010 Music Critic Top Ten Lists". Metacritic . Retrieved 9 August 2015. a b Caulfield, Keith (17 March 2010). "Ludacris Lands Fourth No. 1 Album With "Battle of the Sexes" ". Billboard . Retrieved 18 March 2010. This article contains too many or overly lengthy quotations for an encyclopedic entry. Please help improve the article by presenting facts as a neutrally worded summary with appropriate citations. Consider transferring direct quotations to Wikiquote or, for entire works, to Wikisource. ( June 2018) Mexicancharts.com – Gorillaz – Plastic Beach". Hung Medien. Archived from the original on 25 October 2012 . Retrieved 29 May 2015.

a b Kermode, Mark (20 July 2008). "The year of the monkey". The Observer. UK. Archived from the original on 19 December 2009 . Retrieved 5 October 2008. Five years on from the release of Demon Days, Murdoc and co. return with Plastic Beach. The band have taken up residence, recording on a secret floating island deep in the South Pacific, a Plastic Beach HQ, made up of the detritus, debris and washed up remnants of humanity. This Plastic Beach is the furthest point from any landmass on Earth; the most deserted spot on the planet. a b Greenblatt, Leah (3 March 2010). "Plastic Beach". Entertainment Weekly . Retrieved 10 March 2010.Top Kombiniranih – Tjedan 11. 2010"[Top Combined – Week 11, 2010] (in Croatian). Top of the Shops. Archived from the original on 24 September 2015 . Retrieved 29 May 2015. a b "TOP 150 АЛЬБОМОВ 2010"[Top 150 Albums 2010] (PDF). Lenta.ru (in Russian). p.5. Archived from the original (PDF) on 26 November 2011 . Retrieved 29 May 2015. Wood, Mikael (8 March 2010). "Album review: 'Plastic Beach' from the Gorillaz". Los Angeles Times . Retrieved 10 March 2010. Gill, Andy (5 March 2010). "Album: Gorillaz, Plastic Beach (Parlophone)". The Independent. London. Archived from the original on 7 March 2010 . Retrieved 10 March 2010. The creators of Gorillaz, musician Damon Albarn and artist Jamie Hewlett, began working on a new Gorillaz project in November 2007 called Carousel, [2] which evolved into Plastic Beach, the group's third studio album. [3] In the November 2007 issue of Q, when asked what his top priority for 2008 was, Damon Albarn replied "Well, I'm doing the next Gorillaz thing, but it won't be called Gorillaz." [2] In the February 2008 Gorillaz-Unofficial interview, Hewlett elaborated on this, saying "I think the idea behind it is that it's like how the Who presented their movies– Tommy and Quadrophenia and so on. Those were presented as by 'the Who' even though none of the members of the band were in the movies. I don't think anyone from the Who was in Quadrophenia. But it's the same people working on it, that's the principle." [4] In a July 2008 interview with The Observer he also said, "Gorillaz now to us is not like four animated characters any more– it's more like an organisation of people doing new projects ... That's my ideal model– Gorillaz is a group of people who gave you this, and now want to give you new stuff." [5]

Find sources: "Plastic Beach"– news · newspapers · books · scholar · JSTOR ( November 2018) ( Learn how and when to remove this template message) French album certifications – Gorillaz – Plastic Beach" (in French). Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique. Archived from the original on 21 September 2013 . Retrieved 29 May 2015. Sexton, Paul (18 March 2010). "Gorillaz Scores Third Euro Chart No. 1". Billboard . Retrieved 29 May 2015. The records are dead silent with absolutely no pops throughout, and sound absolutely wonderful with an outstanding soundstage. I couldn't help but notice the bass specifically - so incredibly pronounced yet not overpowering by any means, just perfect. a b Sheffield, Rob (1 March 2010). "Plastic Beach: Gorillaz: Review". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on 23 March 2010 . Retrieved 10 March 2010.gorillaz_news: Japanese Plastic Beach release details revealed". Gorillaz-news.livejournal.com. Archived from the original on 10 March 2010 . Retrieved 28 February 2010. Kot, Greg (3 March 2010). "Album review: Gorillaz, 'Plastic Beach' ". Chicago Tribune. Archived from the original on 8 April 2010 . Retrieved 10 March 2010. Comes in two full colour glossy printed inner sleeves, housed in a gatefold outer sleeve. Pressed on heavyweight vinyl. Western Music Album > Weekly Ranking] (in Japanese). Oricon. Archived from the original on 22 March 2010 . Retrieved 13 February 2021. British album certifications – Gorillaz – Plastic Beach". British Phonographic Industry. 4 February 2011.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment