276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Home Before Night

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

P Pomare I think I know what's happening and where the story is going then BOOM he flips the script on me. His is a rare talent that continues to turn out crime masterpieces' Herald Sun'Deftly plotted, pacey and sharply written. A woman races against time to find her son in this tense and twisty thriller by the Top Ten bestselling author of The Wrong Woman --This text refers to an alternate kindle_edition edition. I feel picky for even mentioning it but I’m fairly sure we learn that Samuel is 19, but earlier in the novel there’s reference to him as a 10 year old, naming their (now) 11 year old kitten. If anything, it ends abruptly and was a little on the short side in terms of resolution, but all in all, a satisfying read and a terrific way to finish a weekend of reading.

I noted a few authors were doing something similar – releasing audiobooks or even novellas in the form of ebooks. It is one that I would highly recommend come along for the journey and discover all of the secrets from the past that caused lots of suspense and drama in the now. CHRISTIAN WHITE'This grabbed me from the opening page and didn't let go' MICHAEL ROBOTHAM'The thrill and fear arrive early in Home Before Night and doesn't leave until the final pages.I have to say I was ambivalent about reading a book set in the pandemic and it did bring me back to that time and my own feelings about being in lockdown. I know we are still in the midst of the pandemic – as someone who only got it for the first time a month ago – but it was a bit surreal.

I thought I was only halfway through the main book, but it was actually near the end and I just thought ‘is that it? But this is another great read from Pomare and the sneak peek at his next book (included in the paperback copy) will whet your appetite for his 2024 release. She’s a heavy drinker, and presents as perhaps a little paranoid, in part troubled by a secret from her past that Pomare teases out.Set in suburban Victoria during the 2020/2021 covid lockdowns, the story centres around Lou and her son Samuel. I feel conflicted about the ending as I had to suspend my belief (and not necessarily in a good way). I reckon a lot of people will pass this one over due to the lockdown emphasis and they are gonna miss out on a short and fast listen. His novel In The Clearing has been optioned for screen adaption by Disney+ and will be released as an eight part miniseries in 2023. However, I felt it ended too quickly and wrapped up sharply, leaving me feeling a bit short -changed.

Overall: highly recommend this thriller, especially if you are looking for something quick to get stuck into. This was the most ridiculous book, once’s you finish it you understand why characters are certain ways and it does make sense sense but that doesn’t change the way I felt about the first 80% of the book.I suppose if you live in Australia and we’re around during these awful times, it would be a good story for you.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment