276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Company of Liars

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

They were just the ordinary sounds of of people beginning their day, silly raucous, discordant, but they were the most beautiful sounds on earth, the sounds of living people.” Forgotten the title or the author of a book? Our BookSleuth is specially designed for you. Visit BookSleuth Hannah’s new novel is an homage to the extraordinary courage and endurance of Frenchwomen during World War II. My last lie had been the most honest, the most honourable of them all, for there is an art greater even than the creation of hope. The greatest art of all is the destruction of truth.”

Company of Liars - Wikiwand

On her trail–or perhaps not, but on someone’s trail–is FBI agent Jane McCoy, a cunning woman who, as is the way with everyone in the novel, plays everything close to the vest. What is to follow is a most entertaining historical journey where superstition and the supernatural with play a significant part to people lives, and all this is brought to us by the author in a wonderful story of chilling horror and horrible deaths. As for the ending, i thought it was a bit incongruent and not really all that good. It was ok. A disappointing ending.

Ellis, an Edgar Award-winning novelist, is bound to find more fans with this thrilling novel that holds your attention from end to beginning. You’ll be happy you spent time In the Company Of Liars.

In The Company Of Liars by David Ellis | Goodreads In The Company Of Liars by David Ellis | Goodreads

Narigorm was certainly an awful girl. The ending for me also made me wander what happened to the other people left in the group. The two parts that seemed more like hiccups to me were Camelot's (apparently) seamless re-integration into her family and that the healer was the only person who sensed that Camelot was a woman. That gives Ellis a chance to show off some humor. Allison wonders what reporters would say if they followed her into the grocery store: “Yes, Bob, we can now confirm that Allison Pagone has decided to go with the sugarless gum Trident as her breath freshener, baffling experts who had predicted cinnamon Altoids.” And the newspaper headline, “Murder suspect: ‘I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!’ ” No, Camelot, not hope. Hope is for the weak; have I not succeeded in teaching you that? To hope is to put your faith in others and in things outside yourself; that way lies betrayal and disappointment. They didn't want hope, Camelot; they wanted certainty. What a man needs is the certainty that he is right, no self-doubt, no fleeting thought that he might be wrong or misled. Absolute certainty that he is right—that's what gives a man the confidence and power to do whatever he wants and to take whatever he wants from this world and the next.” A scarred trader in holy relics. A conjuror. A musician and his apprentice. A one-armed story teller. A young couple on the run. A midwife. And a rune-reading girl.

How Company of Liars came to be written

In a country governed by fear and superstition, the nine are driven on by the plague and the need to get out of danger. In an effort to avoid danger they constantly move on to new places, but all the time they are haunted by the cry of the wolf which spells out certain death for one of the merry band, in the most violent and savage way. They all heard the wolf because they had all lied, and in that all nine were cursed and would face death unless someone is able to end the curse.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment