276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Twin Satellite Shotgun Coax Cable for Sky Q, Sky HD, Sky+ and Freesat - Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Many customers usually require the wiring because their existing cable is a little bit too short to reach where they have relocated their Sky HD box and our products provides the perfect solution for this. If the LNB is a Sky Q only type then that won't work with other kit, such as a Freesat box or a TV with built in satellite tuner. You would need a Hybrid type that works with both or a "legacy" LNB that works with Freesat/TVs but not Sky Q. Hi just wondering if anyone can tell me if they coax cable sky use is suitable for a standard rooftop antenna, currently we have no antenna to get terrestrial TV as we've had sky for so long with multiroom, Use a double-ended 'joiner barrel' outside and a suitable f-plug on the new aerial cable - then well-wrapped in self-amalgamating tape. http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/extend_cable.htm

If you ever come across a single screened cable called “Low Loss” cable, don’t be fooled by it. It most certainly isn’t. There are loads of others, too many to name in this blog. It’s important to note and it may sound obvious but when you convert one plug to another you will not automatically receive the service associated with the other plug. For example I had a customer who had changed the plug on the end of their satellite cable and didn’t know why the Freeview signal would not work when plugged into the TV. The Sky Q box is the latest one on the market and is increasing in popularity due to its excellent new features such as pausing TV in one room and continuing to watch TV in another.

I plan to move the Sky+HD box and it’s flatscreen telly to the other side of the house so need to extend it’s ‘shotgun’ cable to reach. We also include wall mounting clips to facilitate connecting the Sky cable to a wall. Why Choose Our Sky Extension Cables? Webro WF100 is the cable I use for all of Smart Aerials TV aerial installations. Although I will occasionally use a shotgun cable for satellite over short distances Webro WF100 is undoubtedly the preferred option. WF100 is a foam filled coaxial cable with all copper conductors, so solid copper centre conductor, copper braid and copper shield. Webro HD100 technically is a better cable with its extra cable screen but in my opinion, it isn’t worth the extra expense. In reality “shotgun” cables will only be used for domestic environments and relatively short cable distances and WF165 cable will only normally be used on large communal satellite TV systems with very long cables lengths but you get the idea.

The BNC plug is a plug that inserts in position and then twists to remain in place. BNC stands for Bayonette Neil Consellman after the man who designed the plug and is commonly used for analogue CCTV systems. They come in many types but the most common type is a crimp on connection. To smallest of all the coaxial cable sizes is 0.65mm cable.This is most commonly used in a pair to form “shotgun” satellite cable for Sky+,Sky Q, Freesat+ and other satellite PVR’s which require two separate LNB connections. Being the smallest of cable sizes, it should only be used for short cable lengths, nothing really above 25m. It will typically lose around 5dB at the highest used frequency every 10m.There are lots of different coaxial cable sizes, below we discuss the most common types used for Sky, Freeview, Freesat and communal TV systems. There are a few things that define what cable size will be used but this mostly has to do with cable length when installed. The smaller the cable size the greater the signal losses over distance. The number before the cable type represents the centre conductor size. There are many types for F plugs for different size coaxial cables and plugs that terminate differently like screw on F plugs, crimp on and compression plugs but in essence they are very similar. The alternative entry method is to drill through the wall with a masonary drill, feed the two coaxial cables through, with a drip loop again and then seal the hole with waterproof mastic. You can also place a cover over the cable entry point to improve the looks.

By the way. The use of shotgun cable (two joined together) is nowt to do with Sky HD. Sky HD does not require any special cable, nor for that matter does it need two. Once enabled, the HDMI One-Touch command will be sent each time you press Sky (or any of the top 4 blue buttons on your remote). The command will make your:

Coax Plugs 

As you can see from this article, that this is a difficult question to answer as there are multiple factors that effect how far you can send a TV signal down a coax cable. This includes quality of the cable, size of the centre conductor, the frequency that you wish to send down the cable, whether amplification will be introduced or not. If you were sending the signals down a 100m cable with a 2dB loss per 10 metres of the frequency you’re carrying, then if you send it down 100m of cable you will get 20dB loss. This shouldn’t be a problem if you’re getting 75dB off of your TV aerial, but if you’re not in a good signal area and get less than 60dB then the cable length will be a problem and amplification will need to be introduced – or a cable with a larger cross sectional area of the centre conductor. I have also included modern CT100, PF100 and NX100 as almost equally good to WF100. To be honest they are so similar I wouldn’t worry if you have one instead of the other. A common cable in domestic settings, RG-59 cable is similar to the RG-6, but it has an even thinner centre conductor. This makes it a good choice for short runs and low-frequency transmissions. What’s RG-11 cable?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment