276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Roasting Tin: Simple One Dish Dinners (Rukmini’s Roasting Tin)

£8.995£17.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

These speedy oven meals embrace both meat and meat-free diets alike, put emphasis on flavour and are easy to adapt depending on what you have in the fridge and cupboards. The perfect gift for any baker, our limited edition The Sweet Roasting Tin gift set includes a copy of the book and a stylish yet practical baking tin from the iconic enamelware brand, Falcon.

The Roasting Tin by Rukmini Iyer | Waterstones

In 2017, she released her first book, The Roasting Tin: Simple One Dish Dinners; since then, more than a million copies of the resulting series – The Green Roasting Tin, The Roasting Tin Around the World, The Quick Roasting Tin and The Sweet Roasting Tin – have sold, changing dinnertimes around the country as people realised nutritious, healthy and interesting food really was possible to put on the table, often with just 30 minutes' hands-free cooking time. Rukmini is also the author of The Green Barbecue, a collection of vegetarian and vegan barbecue recipes. She has published several cookbooks including 'The Roasting Tin' Series (The Roasting Tin; The Green Roasting Tin and The Quick Roasting Tin) as well as 'The Middle Eastern Kitchen'. Each chapter also includes a helpful infographic for how to build you own roasting tin dinner using whatever is in your fridge tonight. Arriving into our lives earlier this year in a flurry of icing sugar and fragrant spices, The Sweet Roasting Tin aimed to do for baking what Rukmini Iyer’s previous books.With her signature fidelity to ease and accessibility, Rukmini presents 75 brand-new recipes that can all be made in standard baking tin formats. Hailing from the chapter on loaf cakes, this sticky gingerbread couldn’t be easier to make but promises to fill your kitchen with festive fragrances to brighten up a winter’s day. It’s this combination of West and East, of dinnertimes as equally influenced by Nigella, Delia and Jamie as Madhur Jaffrey and much-loved airmail recipes, that makes India Express a uniquely accessible cookbook. Good book for: Those who want to enjoy nutritious food made from scratch, but don’t have time to spend on preparation-heavy dishes.

Gnocchi with Roasted Peppers, Chilli, Rosemary and Crispy Gnocchi with Roasted Peppers, Chilli, Rosemary and

There is an abundance of nostalgic favourites with a twist, like sticky date gingerbread, alongside recipes from Rukmini’s own childhood, including her mother’s pineapple upside-down cake and coconut burfi. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed, dollop on the ricotta and scatter with the parsley before serving hot. Reading this thread with interest as my DC aren't veggie and I've been wondering whether to get one of the other books too.Her aim is to transform Britain’s midweek meals one roasting tin dinner at a time whether a meat-eater or vegan, a family or cooking for two. The Quick Roasting Tin offers more of Rukmini’s genius recipe ideas, this time with a focus on speed. This book is so easy to use with a range of recipes and ingredients, and the recipes are easy to customise to suit. Fellow Roasting Tin fans will also recognise Rukmini’s trademark creative layering of flavour and texture (think crunchy nut toppings, plenty of spices and clever use of herbs) and options for every season of the year, from a rhubarb tart for the height of winter to berry-studded muffins for summer. Put the butter and garlic into a roasting tin and pop into the oven to melt while you get on with slicing the leeks.

Recipes From Our Cookbooks | Popular Recipes From Best Authors

I often am tempted to just use ready-meals, so the ease of these has made me cook 'properly' more often. Featuring 75 easy-to-make recipes that make use of your lockdown larder ingredients, The Roasting Tin Around the World is the perfect cook book for vegans, vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. For presenting enquires or brand collaborations, please contact Vanessa Fogarty at Curtis Brown: vanessa. Iyer grew up eating similar things to any other child of the Eighties in the UK: “pasta, chicken nuggets, the usual trashy food that people would eat then,” she rattles off. THE SWEET ROASTING TIN One tin cakes, bakes and cookies, with options for gluten-free, diabetic and vegan bakers.They suit me as everything is pretty basic and straightforward, it’s easy to leave out any particular ingredient if I don’t have it or it’s something one of my kids don’t like, etc. When I said I wanted to scan some of the originals for the book, she was very much like, ‘These are the only letters I have’. Just a few years ago, Rukmini Iyer, a chef with experience of cooking in professional kitchens, started making simple, nourishing and delicious recipes that could be cooked in a single roasting tin, inadvertently starting a culinary revolution in the process.

India Express: Rukmini Iyer on her most personal cookbook yet

Good user-friendly chapters and plenty of healthy plant-based options, which work for a vegan or flexitarian diet or having in something suitable and imaginative for guests.Rukmini’s cookbooks always promise plenty of inspiration for our vegan friends and The Sweet Roasting Tin is no different.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment