276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Saalt Soft Menstrual Cup - Super Soft and Flexible - Best Sensitive Cup - Wear for 12 Hours - Made in USA (Grey, Regular)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Hand sketched drawings turned into fourteen design iterations, and in February of 2018, Saalt launched with the Saalt Cup and the vision of making cleaner, more sustainable period care accessible to everyone. The Leakproof Lace & Mesh collection has our Lace Hipster and Thong styles that are made for your light flow days and hold 1–2 light tampons (~ 1 tsp or 3–6 ml) worth of flow. Our Mesh Hipster, Bikini, High Waist Brief and French Cut styles are made for your regular flow days and hold 2–3 regular tampons (2–3 tsp or 10–15 ml) worth of flow. Heavy absorbency options in the Lace & Mesh Collection include our heavy absorbency Mesh Hipster, High Waist Brief, and French Cut High Waist holding 3-4 regular tampons (3–4 tsp or 15–20 ml) worth of flow. If the menstrual disc is positioned incorrectly, it can put pressure on your urethra, bladder, or rectum. It may feel like you have to urinate often, have a weak urine stream, or need to have a bowel movement. Regardless of where the pressure is, adjusting the position of the disc should help relieve this pressure. The rim of the disc should rest on your pubic bone. When inserting your disc, be sure to insert at a horizontal angle, pointed toward your tailbone, to match the natural slant of your vaginal canal. When the disc is halfway inserted, aim the disc downward toward the floor or toilet water to ensure it goes behind the cervix. Many people find that it helps to use their thumb to secure the rim of their disc behind their pubic bone. The shorter length and different angle of the thumb can make a huge difference. I sat down on a bench in my bathroom for easy access, folded the sides using the c-fold method with one hand, parted my labia with the other hand, pushed the cup inside, and that was that! I did feel the cup pop into place, but nothing was painful about the whole process. Per the Saalt instructions, I also rotated the cup once it was in to make sure it was secure and fully opened. It took about 15 minutes to adjust to the sensation, but throughout the day, I felt nothing. I was able to go to the gym, work at my desk, take a shower, and even ride my bike without feeling any pain. The Results

If you find your cervix becoming sore from the disc removal process, we recommend trying the following to not irritate your cervix: The Saalt menstrual cup is worn internally like a tampon, but collects—rather than absorbs—your period flow. The Saalt menstrual cup stays in place by creating a seal between the cup and your vaginal wall. Once your cup is filled, you simply empty, rinse, and reinsert the cup for another 12 hours of protection. As someone who’s used tampons or pads my entire life, my first impression was honestly an uncontrolled mix of fear and anxiety, but also excitement. Instantly, I noticed the menstrual cup itself is a lot bigger than I thought it would be. I immediately questioned how it was going to fit. However, once I read the instructions, and realized the length of the entire cup was almost the same length as my tampon, it made the whole process seem a lot more doable. Our Leakproof Lace & Mesh Hipster, Bikini, High Waist Brief, French Cut, and Leakproof Seamless Brief, Bikini, and High Waist styles, as well as our Cotton Bikini and Brief and Comfort Bikini are available in regular absorbency that is made for your regular flow days and hold 2–3 regular tampons (2–3 tsp or 10–15 ml) worth of flow.

Our Leakproof Comfort Collection is made from soft and stretchy TENCEL™ Modal fabric. Saalt Wear modal fabric is made of a regenerated cellulose fiber produced from renewable beech wood. Our modal is sourced from Lenzing, an Austrian company that is one of the industry’s leaders in semi-synthetic fiber production. Healthy - A Saalt Cup is made from 100% medical-grade silicone, so it’s naturally hypoallergenic and toxin free. No BPA. No latex. Odor free and non-toxic. Maintains natural pH. Yes you can. You will find a softer cup such as the Saalt soft cup will be a better choice for you. How much money will my menstrual cup save me? Try gently bearing down like you’re going to pee to relax your pelvic floor and loosen your vaginal muscles. (Never hold your breath while bearing down, but continue breathing) Comfortable - Soft and flexible, it molds to your shape. Saalt creates premium menstrual cups that are modern and innovative, with multiple sealing points to prevent leaks, and a soft flex stem for comfort.

The Leakproof Comfort collection includes our Comfort Thong that is made for your light flow days and holds 1–2 light tampons (~ 1 tsp or 3–6 ml) worth of flow. Our Comfort Bikini is made for your regular flow days and holds 2–3 regular tampons (2–3 tsp or 10–15 ml) worth of flow. Finally, our Comfort Brief and Comfort Boyshort both come in our heavy absorbency for your heavy days holding 3-4 regular tampons (3–4 tsp or 15–20 ml) worth of flow.Drying your Saalt Wear in the dryer will break down the elastane in your underwear faster contributing to side leaking. The leg holes of your underwear must fit snugly around your legs. We recommend always hanging your Saalt Wear to dry. Saalt cups have been described as modern period magic and often the first cup, the one cup and the last cup you'll ever need. The proprietary bulb shape makes it the easiest cup to insert and open, ensuring a seal so comfortable that you forget it's there. Once inserted correctly you won't be able to feel the cup and can go about your day with zero worries. The Saalt cup with be the first cup and last cup you'll ever need! Using reusable solutions like period underwear and menstrual cups is one of the simplest ways to divert massive amounts of period waste. Keep in mind we've only talked about the waste, this doesn't even consider the strain on natural resources that the production of so many disposable products creates, and the carbon footprint of all that manufacturing. Reusable products just use less, waste less, and are cleaner to produce.

Our Leakproof Cotton Collection is made from a 95% cotton 5% elastane fabric blend for the body of the underwear with our classic polyester gusset. It is a breathable, biodegradable, and natural fiber that includes a little bit of stretch for comfort. Just like your favorite cotton tee, but for leaks! Our Leakproof Comfort Collection is made of dreamy soft-stretch TENCEL™ Modal fabric, aka unbelievably soft fabric made from sustainably regenerated cellulose fiber that comes from renewable beech wood. It feels like clouds and works like whoa. It’s as soft as it is reliable. You’ve got to feel it to believe it. Long live the sheets! Our sheet-saving, tight-pants-braving absorbency tech and leakproof barrier gives you no pad, no problem confidence for any day of your flow. Bear down on the cup, as if having a bowel movement, as you press upward on the base of the cup to keep it in place.Putting in the cup for the first time was easier than putting in my first tampon. I had to boil my cup in water for about five minutes before inserting it. While it was boiling, I looked at the instructions and noticed they gave me multiple options for folding; the c-fold (flattening and pinching the sides together), the punch-down (pressing down on the rim to collapse the cup), or the 7-fold (squeezing the cup and folding the top right corner down). Knowing I had multiple inserting options made the process quite easy because even if one specific process was difficult, I had other choices. You shouldn't be able to feel the cup at all once it's in place. If you can feel it, it's not inserted properly or you need to trim/cut off the stem. If it's definitely in place and the stem has been trimmed then it's possible that it's not quite the right cup for you. It will still work but isn't the optimum cup for you. Read our article on "choosing a menstrual cup."We also have a "menstrual cup comparison chart" to help you find the perfect one for you. Do I have to remove the menstrual cup when I go to the toilet?

Based on first impressions, it was obvious that the company goes to great lengths to make the process approachable and pleasant for first-timers. Even the little bag they included to store the cup was adorable. Using The Saalt Menstrual Cup At Saalt, we believe that knowledge is power, and knowing the truth about TSS is equally as important as knowing the signs and symptoms. The reality is that all people who have a period are at risk of TSS. No matter what products you use to care for your period, there is always a risk of TSS. The short answer is that getting TSS while using a menstrual disc is possible, but highly unlikely. To minimize your risk, always wash your hands before and after handling your disc, clean your disc thoroughly between periods, and consider emptying your disc more frequently. Consult your doctor before using a menstrual disc if you’ve previously been diagnosed with TSS.

I have a weak pelvic floor can I use a cup?

Once I pinched the bottom of the cup itself, I was able to pull it out. Not without breaking a sweat — but all that matters is that I got it out eventually. For the rest of the night, I felt some discomfort internally. I felt quite a bit of pressure around my cervix, suggesting that maybe the cup is too big for me. All of that pain subsided once I was ready to reinsert it the next morning. However, just like the day before, I felt that same discomfort the next time I took it out. I figured my body would familiarize itself with that sensation, but surprisingly after a week, the pain (which I rate a 4 out of 10) continued every time I took out the cup. Because I do love the product, I will probably look into getting a smaller size for my next period, just to make sure I’m providing myself the most comfort possible. Similar Products Keeps you comfortable. With options ranging from cozy to silky, the body fabric keeps you feeling fresh and ready to take on the day (or night!). Sustainably sourced. Designed to save your white pants and the planet. Each pair of Lace & Mesh Saalt Wear is made with an average of 3 post-consumer recycled water bottles to help clean up landfill and ocean-bound plastic. The Comfort Collection is made of dreamy soft TENCEL™ Modal fabric made from sustainably regenerated cellulose fiber that comes from renewable beech wood. Cotton Collection is made of a breathable, biodegradable, natural fiber that gives you that soft, smooth feel - like your favorite cotton tee! And lastly, the Seamless Collection is made with ultra-durable LYCRA® XTRA LIFE™ fiber so your leakproof undies spend more years on your booty, and less in landfills. Nice. Periods are beautiful, and we say it's time for period underwear to rise to the occasion. From design, to manufacturing, to materials, we’re focused on giving Saalt users a premium period experience. Quality, beauty, and comfort? Challenge accepted. With industry-leading technology, and silhouettes that make your curves sing, we period-promise you’re going to love wearing Saalt Wear. The Saalt story begins with Cherie, the CEO and co-founder. She has a period and 5 daughters. You could say, she gets period care.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment