276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Oregon Yukon Chainsaw Protective Trousers, Sizes S – 3XL

£47.995£95.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

These are very comfortable chainsaw trousers. The two way stretch polyester material, along with the light weight, makes it nice and easy to move around in them. I was wearing them for a whole day while testing and I appreciated the comfort and manoeuvrability they afford. Product 1: Shields the front and left sides of both legs during chainsaw and wood cutting work. Oil, fuel and heat resistant

You may have to pay more than the cheaper or disposable options on the market, but you will be thankful if a near miss or accident occurs and it was your PPE that reduced or avoided the injury. Work Boots Even though they are not heavy, they are still well padded in the front and side of the legs, but not in the rear as they are type-A (see our buyer’s guide for more details). The outer layer of the Yukon chainsaw trousers is abrasion resistant so that they won’t wear down easily, and also resistant to heat, fuel, and oil, keeping that important inner protective layer intact. Comprised of the same six layer material that their equally excellent Yukon chainsaw trousers are made of, they offer a very good level of protection while still being flexible and easy to move around in. Like the Rocwood Bib & Brace chainsaw trousers, these also have adjustable, elastic, shoulder suspenders so you can get them just the length that you want for added comfort. Yes, they are chaps but they still cover your legs, or at least a good portion of them, so for the sake of argument, they are now chainsaw trousers, and for the money they are a good pair too.Many bargain footwear suppliers offer work boots for a fantastic price. But these are often not steel toe capped, do not have anti-fatigue soles and won’t protect your feet against liquids or extreme heat. In fact, some boots that look the part may as well be a pair of sandals if a hammer or power tool was to drop on your foot.

First of all, many well-known brand names tend to boast about their flagship tools in television, trade magazines and online ads. They tend to make the harder jobs look extremely simple when using their specific brand. Of course, the basis of this is to help sell their product. So is this a realistic representation of what the tool can do for you, especially if you’re just starting out? The answer is no. Different skill levels and experience has a significant factor in the effectiveness of a tool, as well as other things. I’m 5ft 10” and a fit 14 stone, and I tried out XL size and I found them to be just about right for me, but I do like to have a bit of room to move in my chainsaw trousers. The affairs, business and property of the Company are being managed by the Administrators and who act as agents of the Company without personal liability. Do not use electric tools in wet conditions unless they are approved for that use. If you must work in wet conditions, always ensure you have good balance and are unlikely to slip.

Top Safety Tips For Hand And Power Tools:

Type-A trousers only have the protective material padded around the front and sides of the leg. There are pros and cons to this. On one hand it makes them lighter and more comfortable, but on the other it leaves your legs vulnerable to the rear. This is why type-A chainsaw trousers are only really for use while you are on stable ground. Available in 3 sizes- short 35”, regular 37”, and long 40”, and also in 3 different colours, the Forester chainsaw trousers are also waterproof and oil resistant, which is important because some oil and chemicals can damage the inner safety fibres in these kinds of pants and leave them not as effective, so it’s good to have that protective outer layer. Fuel, Oil, and Heat Resistant: The Oregon Yukon chainsaw trousers are resistance to fuel and oil. Heat resistance can also be crucial, especially when working near hot equipment or in warm weather. One common problem with chainsaw trousers is that the inside bottoms can often get worn out by rubbing against boots and this can compromise their effectiveness. The makers of these have considered this and have reinforced the trousers in that particular area, so two thumbs up to Husqvarna there.

So, for things like chopping firewood they are perfectly fine, but if you plan to get up on a ladder to take out some overhanging branches, you would be better off with something that offers more all-round protection due to the increased risk of injury. One thing I did like about this product is the breathability of them. Even though it wasn’t a particularly hot day when I wore them it certainly wasn’t cold and I soon worked up enough body heat to be thankful that they didn’t add to my rising body temperature. The best materials to look out for are Kevlar (although models with this can be more expensive) and polyester, however ballistic nylon and denier are also good materials. You want something that not only provides protection but is also light and flexible enough to wear comfortably. Something that is easy to clean is also something to consider. Extra design features Please note that at 14.08 pm on 26 June 2023, Arvindar Singh and Ben Jones of FRP Advisory Trading Limited were appointed as Joint Administrators of F R Jones and Son Limited.All together there are 5 layers to these trousers which is more than you usually see with this kind of lower cost product. These extra layers means that the material can be lighter while still offering good protection, and this adds to how comfortable they are to wear.

The elasticated waist is helpful for keeping sawdust out of your underwear and so it tends to get trapped behind the bib instead. This is much more preferable for me as I could just slip the braces off my shoulder and empty it out in seconds. Product 2: Palms reinforced for maximum control when gripping chainsaw; Close-fit wrist protection – stays put, won’t catch, and keeps out rain, dust, and dirtWhen working at heights, never leave tools lying out in the areas where they could present a hazard to the people below. When buying chainsaw trousers, it is important that you buy the right kind to match the kind of work you will be doing in them (read our buyers guide for more information on this). Chaps like these, that only offer protection to the front of the legs, are fine if you are working only on the ground and can control the angle of the cut with the chainsaw.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment