276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Black Rabbit Hall: The enchanting mystery from the author of The Glass House

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Condition: Gut. 1. Auflage. 411 S. Ohne SU.! Einbd. minimal berieben, fliegendes Blatt fehlt, ansonsten gut erhalten. ISBN: 9783764505608 Sprache: Deutsch Gewicht in Gramm: 600 OPp., gebundene Ausgabe, Lesebändchen. Like the setting of Robert Frost’s Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Chase’s novel is lovely, dark and deep..”— Richmond Times-Dispatch stars (REALLY close to 5 stars)! I loved this book! It was published in early 2016, yet I hadn't heard of it until very recently - special thanks to my GR friend Frances. The blurb mentions a Kate Morton comparison which is what made me decide to read it (I love Kate Morton!). I am so glad I read it. And isn't this cover gorgeous?!? A twisting gothic of family secrets, forbidden lust, and an extraordinary family.”–Miranda Beverly-Whittemore,author of Bittersweet I love books with parallel storylines, especially those that involve grand houses, a mystery that has to be solved and skeleton in the closet. So, when I saw this book I just knew I had to read it. And, I wasn't disappointed. I was instantly hooked and couldn't wait out to find out more about what really happened in the 60s that could destroy a family so.

Before long, Lorna becomes involved with the matriarch of the house and the housekeeper, vowing to help bring in more clients by writing up an article regarding the history of the house, and its family legacy. Little did she know her vague memories of the house connect her in a direct way to its past and could possibly shape her future. The food was superbly cooked and it was a good portion without it being too... much. The service from the staff was also excellent and came with a friendly welcoming smile. The smiles lasted for the duration of our dinner. All in all an excellent dinner and service!Two storylines., the past getting to know the children, experience the changes in their family after the tragedy. The future, thirty years later when a young bride is looking for a place to have her wedding. Remember the hall from when she, her mother and father would travel to the Cornish coast each summer. Although now dilapidated and needing extensive work she falls under its spell. How gloriously gothic! There are hundreds more beguiling passages like these, but I don’t want to give anything away! You’ll have to read it for yourself.

This is the title I was most looking forward to in my “Most anticipated titles of 2016” blog post and I was not disappointed! A wonderful saga of family secrets, tragic loss, and enduring love with a dual storyline, it will appeal to fans of Kate Morton, Rosamund Pilcher, Maeve Binchy and Sarah Waters.In this haunting novel, a young nurse forms an unlikely connection with the elderly man she cares for, and finds herself confronting the guilt she carries from her past. Gothic, romantic, house-centered fiction laden with family secrets is a favorite of mine. I enjoy nothing more than cozying up with a multi-period mystery, set in an unforgettable estate, peopled with men and women brought together by blood and circumstance.

Chase deserves high marks for her atmospheric setting and vivid prose, and fans of old-fashioned gothic stories will find this a winner.” –-Publishers Weekly Tapa Blanda. Condition: Bien. IMAGENES: En caso que no exista imagen de tapa. no dude en solicitarla. Ejemplar Usado, puede (o no) contener signos de uso como firma, anotaciones o subrayados, consultenos para mayor informacion del estado.As the daughter of a librarian Jen's love of books started from a very early age. Her reading obsession continued throughout her teenage years when she studied both English Language and English Literature at college. Compellingly readable and riddled with twists and turns worthy of Daphne du Maurier, Chase’s tale will delight fans of romantic mysteries. The mystery of what became of the family is told in alternate chapters, while Mrs. Alton shares her memories with Lorna in the present. They find their aunt and uncle still reeling from the disappearance of their only daughter, five years before. No one seems any closer to finding out the truth. The basic set up here is that you have the Altons: owners of a rambly pile in Cornwall, the traditionally English father fell in love with a warm-hearted American heiress, because don’t they always. Anyway, they had four kids (two twins, Amber and Toby, then Barney, then Kitty) who had a pretty much idyllic childhood with their stupidly-in-love parents and their country house to spend their summers in. But then Nancy dies in a horse-riding accent and everything unravels from there.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment