276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Garmin Approach G12 Golf Range Finder

£66.695£133.39Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

These features include a handy digital scorecard, green view which shows you the shape of the green, and manual pin positioning. Finally, the Approach G12 boasts an amazing battery life of up to 30 hours. This is nearly double the nearest competitor that I’m aware of. For players who leave their clubs in the car or just forget to charge their devices, this will be a life saver. One charge might get you through seven rounds or more! I’m accustomed to using devices that do this automatically so I will often forget to activate it manually, which can be frustrating. But having extensively tested the S12 recently I have gotten better at this and I did use the ‘last shot’ feature to good effect two or three times with the G12. Specifically when I missed the fairway and found trouble on the right (it’s always on the right with me). Twice it was trees and the third one was a ditch. I found my ball every time but only because I had activated ‘last shot’ on the tee as soon as I knew I’d found trouble. I know how far I usually carry a good drive so that narrows my search area down to around 10 yards. Without ‘last shot’ I’d have been searching a much bigger area.

The Garmin Approach G12 is a GPS range finder that is used just for the game of golf. There are more expensive Garmin GPS sports watches that support all of these same golf functions, along with other sports and activities. This is actually a golf GPS watch. It sports a clean, lightweight design that won’t intrude on your swing.

Introduction

The G12 isn't a watch and it isn't smart. It's all about golf, nothing else. Unlike GPS watches, this is a device you keep in your golf bag and it only comes out when you're playing. It's waterproof too so there's no need to worry about it when you're playing in a downpour. This is the golf blog of golf's 99%: The working stiff who plays at munis with ten-year-old clubs and whose family and work take precedence, but whose love of the game never diminishes. Garmin also reports that the Approach G12 is IPX7 water-rated. This means that it, “Withstands incidental exposure to water of up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes.” In short, don’t take this device swimming but don’t fear a little drizzle, either. Carly holds the ladies course record (68) at her home club Parkstone and her lowest competition round (seven-under-par 65) was carded in the pro-am of the Irish Ladies Open at Killeen Castle, playing alongside Solheim Cup superstar Anna Nordqvist. Although her current handicap index has crept up to 3.7 since Covid she has her sights firmly set on achieving that elusive scratch handicap and hopefully playing for her country when she’s 50.

At The Golf Shop Online, we are dedicated to offering you the most competitive prices. We continually compare our prices with those of our competitors to ensure you receive the best possible deal. In the rare event that you find a lower price elsewhere, we even provide a price promise* to further enhance your shopping experience.That said, I do feel like the G12 hits a pretty narrow niche, and we’ll talk about the pros and cons of that in this Garmin Approach G12 review. First Impressions of the Garmin Approach G12 An extra feature of the G12 that I appreciate is the ability to measure a shot. From your starting location, press the OK button, scroll down to “Measure Shot” and select OK again. The distance updates as you walk and when you arrive at the ball’s new location, it will tell you how far it travelled from the point where you selected “Measure Shot.” The Green View feature gives you each green’s true shape from wherever you are on the course, and it allows you to drag-and-drop the pin for greater accuracy. Over the years Carly has been fortunate to play some of the greatest courses in the world. Her view ‘from the ladies tee’ is invaluable. She ranks Sea Island, Georgia, USA, where she met her husband, world-renowned golf coach Dan Frost, among her favourite golf resorts. Their aptly-named eight-year-old son Hogan is already hitting the ball as far as Mum and will undoubtedly be a name to watch out for in the future. Golf is a popular activity that serves as a competitive sport, business meeting space, social gathering place, and relaxing outdoor activity for millions of people. There is a large market for golf gear and I've been very pleased with the Garmin CT10 club sensors and a connected watch or another device as I play for pleasure and to escape work for a few hours.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment