276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dermatica Clarifying Azelaic Acid 20% Cream | Lightweight and Fragrance Free | Gentle For All Skin Types (30ml)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The first couple of times I used it, I felt a bit of a tingle with it, particularly around my nose area. That tingling went away after the first day of use and now it feels very comfortable. I have no irritation or redness with it. I could tell straight away that this stuff is gold for my skin. I haven’t used the Dermatica cream for very long but I’ve used Azelaic before with great results. I only really stopped using it because I couldn’t get hold of it very easily. Dermatica Azelaic Results Dermatica 20% Azelaic Acid Cream Review Forty-three RCTs met the inclusion criteria. Meta-analyses within 20 rosacea studies demonstrated that erythema severity, inflammatory lesion counts, overall improvement, and treatment success (achieving skin clarity) were significantly improved with AA compared with vehicle after 12 weeks. AA was more effective than metronidazole 0.75% for improved erythema severity, overall improvement, and inflammatory lesion counts. Sixteen acne studies suggest that AA is more effective than vehicle for improving global assessments and reducing acne severity. AA 20% also significantly reduced more lesions than erythromycin gel. Within seven melasma studies, AA 20% was significantly better than vehicle for both severity and global improvement. AA 20% demonstrated significantly better results compared with hydroquinone 2% for global improvement. Very few significant differences between AA and comparators were observed for commonly reported adverse events. No eligible RCTs were found that evaluated skin aging. If you are a fellow British acne sufferer, you will know the difficulty in getting hold of prescription strength acne treatments in the UK. You have to ask your GP, who may or may not be interested and who might decide to prescribe something you’re not too keen on. I found out years ago that Azelaic Acid is a reliable treatment for my acne and generally had a good effect on my skin all round, but I’ve not found it easy to get my hands on it. I’ve resorted to asking friends in other countries to send it to me (thank you Cristina!), because it’s not so difficult to get hold of elsewhere. So Dermatica have really made life easier for UK acne sufferers. Dermatica 20% Azelaic Acid Cream Review Why you need Azelaic Acid 20% in your skincare routine Keep reading to find out more about this powerful cream and why you need this in your skincare routine.

Azelaic acid: treats a myriad of skin concerns, like reducing the appearance of redness and breakouts, fading blemishes, and refining skin tone. A true powerhouse ingredient Since using this cream, my skin tone is more even, less bumpy, less red, and it looks very radiant. If I get any blemishes, I know the Dermatica Azelaic Acid 20% Cream will sort them out. It 100% meets all of its claims and is the best OTC azelaic acid solution I’ve tried. I also haven’t been using the prescription for that long. These sorts of treatments can take around 3 months for you to see any results, so to see such big improvements after 6 weeks is very encouraging. RCTs of at least 6 weeks' treatment duration were eligible for inclusion. Databases including MEDLINE, Embase, CINAHL, and ClinicalTrials.gov were searched up to December 2022. Two reviewers were involved in all stages of the systematic review process.Founded in 2018 by Dwayne D’Souza, Dermaticais an online dermatology service that creates bespoke skincare prescriptions based on your skin’s needs.Dwayne felt that high-quality, dermatology-recommended, and evidence-based prescription skincare was out of reach for the vast majority of the population. He created Dermatica to change this.

This is great because I’d sometimes get a rosacea flare-up when putting on makeup. My skin would get warm while I was applying products, which led to unwanted extra redness. I’d have to apply extra foundation or concealer to cover the additional redness for an even base. Now, this redness is far less noticeable and goes away faster. It means I’m using less makeup to compensate for any skin redness. Before and after photo A powerful antioxidant found in nature, Azelaic Acid is easily absorbed into skin – helping it stay calm, combating environmental damage and improving brightness. DermaticaSince using this cream, I've seen a reduction in the amount of spots that I was getting. Plus it's got rid of some stubborn milia type spots. My skin tone is more even and bright. The cream has also helped fade my acne pigmentation. All in all, I've been really impressed with it!

Disclaimer: Dermaticagifted me this product for review purposes, but all thoughts are my own and unbiasedSqualane: an emollient (softens or soothes skin) that helps prevent moisture loss and restores suppleness to skin. It has a lightweight and non-greasy texture and helps strengthen the skin’s barrier Azelaic acid is one of my favourite skincare ingredients. This versatile, powerful ingredient can treat a wide range of skin concerns, including redness, uneven skin texture, blemishes, dullness, and much more. It’s underappreciated in many ways, as other ingredients often take the spotlight.

Azelaic Acid is one of those ingredients that can really work for anyone. It’s known for it’s easy going nature- it’s non irritating (in the main, there’ll alway be someone who can’t get on with it but generally it’s well tolerated), it doesn’t cause sun sensitivity or go off easily. You can use it when you’re pregnant or breastfeeding. All prescriptions are created uniquely for the individual. Prescriptions are continually personalised, based on the prescriber’s skin as it changes over time. How does Dermatica work?Lots of the scientific research into Azelaic as a treatment for acne and melasma is based on 20%. There is a school of thought that there is no need to use such a high percentage when you can get results from lower percentages, with less irritation. Speaking from personal experience, I have never had the same results from 10% in terms of acne reduction, 20% has always worked much better for me so I will always go with that strength. You could try the lower percentage product first, like The Ordinary Azelaic Suspension 10%. Azelaic Acid 20% From Dermatica- Ingredients Squalane- A hydrocarbon that has an oily texture, it’s highly stable, moisturising and anti microbial To assess the effectiveness and safety of topical AA for acne vulgaris, rosacea, hyperpigmentation/melasma, and skin aging. As you can see, the redness is much less noticeable in the after photo, particularly around my cheeks and chin. Considering that I don’t use the prescription in the morning and evening, I think the results are phenomenal.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment