276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Wilton 9 x 13-inch Performance Pan Sheet

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A note on partial ingredients: If you have a scale, it’s easy to determine ⅔ of a tablespoon or half of an egg by weight (for whole eggs, beat them first before measuring); if you do not have a scale or simply want to eyeball this, I won’t tell anyone, you will not die, and your lemon bars will turn out fine. I also love to make cakes, and sheet cake style cakes are a lot less fuss than layer cakes, making them my go-to. Or, you're a small household, and really don't want to stare down a 9" x 13" pan of brownies for two weeks.

In my debut cookbook, Weeknight Baking, I finally reveal the secrets to baking delicious desserts on a tight schedule.OK, we're going to talk about math today, and how to make half-sheet pan-sized (13" x 18") batches of your favorite 9" x 13" recipes.

Instead of using a stand mixer to cream butter and sugar, you need to cook ingredients like butter, cocoa powder, and water in a saucepan. Some suggestions to get you started: Old-Fashioned Apple Cake, our favorite Brownies; or some Sticky Ginger Squares (great for holiday giving). Similarly, there’s no need to sift any ingredients like all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, and even confectioners’ sugar. You didn’t really think I was going to provide you with some complicated mathematical formula, did you?When scaling down from a big pan to a smaller one, divide the area of the small pan by the area of the large pan. To me, Ree’s recipe is the dictionary-definition of Texas sheet cake: super light and moist, with subtle chocolate and buttermilk flavors, and a thin but hearty layer of both cake and frosting.

Made with carbon steel with Pampered Chef’s exclusive high-quality nonstick coating, the pan ensures an even bake, easy release, and effortless cleanup. Again, because these ingredients will be cooked over the stovetop, the heat will help smoothen any lumps in the ingredients without sifting! And because this is a small batch version of Texas sheet cake, you won’t need a specialty jelly roll pan or half sheet pan. It was the perfect vessel for a bubbly, cheesy, warming casserole, and using a large pan meant you could feed a small army.

Because Texas sheet cake is a vintage recipe, it does not rely on modern equipment like stand mixers and other specialty baking equipment.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment