276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mog’s Christmas: The illustrated adventures of the nation’s favourite cat, from the author of The Tiger Who Came To Tea

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If she hasn’t just unwrapped them, she’s taken them off, and the daft smile on her face makes me wonder which it is. We see an early, unfinished black and white version of the film, in which Mog, Judith Kerr’s famous forgetful cat, feels left out at Christmas when gaudy decorations, two aunts on tiptoe and a jolly uncle, plus a walking, talking living tree disrupt her regular routine. Share in fifty years of a really remarkable cat… The classic Christmas story with Mog, everyone’s favourite family cat! This, I think, is evidence that the aunts are blood relatives of Mrs Thomas, who displayed a tenuous grasp on reality in Mog and the Baby. Judith Kerr, HarperCollins and Sainsbury’s will donate all of their profits from the sale of this book to Save the Children to improve child literacy in the UK.

She left the BBC to look after their two children, who inspired her first picture book, The Tiger Who Came to Tea. Kate Mercer is sitting close by, adding more and more layers of detail – working at the end of the process begun by Shaw and then sketched out by Smith. I don’t have a bad word to say about this – it’s music full of festive joy, absolutely perfect for the film for which it was written and it makes for a wonderful album that can be enjoyed by the whole family. Then, when Mr Thomas brings home an enormous tree, a startled Mog clambers onto the roof and refuses to budge.Following on from the success of the 2019 adaptation of The Tiger Who Came to Tea, classic feline Mog created by much-loved children’s author Judith Kerr will light up our Christmas TV viewing this year and also allow fans to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Judith Kerr’s birth. She left the BBC to look after their two children, who inspired her first picture book, The Tiger Who Came to Tea . Benedict Cumberbatch voices Mr Thomas, who frightens Mog by bringing a Christmas tree into the house. I was listening to a radio discussion of Quatermass yesterday where they mentioned Judith Kerr being married to Nigel Kneale, and I'm sure I must have known that before, but it's as if it's too big to fit in my head, the thought of two icons forged under the same roof.

Mog’s Christmas is a Lupus Films production in association with Tabby Tales, HarperCollins Children’s Books and Universal Pictures Content Group for Channel 4 Television.Tash* mocked me for checking out a Christmas book in February, but I had to wait for the library to get it in. When you know so many people have done this scene beforehand and then you’re there to put it together and pass it on to someone else – it’s a very lovely pipeline. Judith Kerr, you may has well have torn out my heart and ground it into the carpet tiles with your heel. Gradually, as each of the 16,574 animated frames is passed along the pipeline, the animation comes to life.

This new animated special will see a team of artists bring to life Judith Kerr’s vivid illustrations in Lupus Films’ distinctive, hand-drawn animated style from their studio in London. Yoto Says: We love how Kerr captures the cosy chaos of the holiday season, and the need to escape now and again for a bit of peace and quiet. The house is full of strange bustling, there are new noises and new smells, and where is that tree going? if you have ever seen the Sainsbury's ads for Christmas, you probably have seen the film version of this book.Animated in Kerr's signature style, the trailer shows Mog navigating her busy household, which includes two extra aunts and an uncle staying for the holidays on top of Mr and Mrs Thomas and their two children, Debbie and Nicky. This means I have a more than normal investment in Channel 4’s adaptation of Judith Kerr’s 1976 children’s classic Mog ’s Christmas. Picture books are by their very nature short, meant to be read to small children with even smaller attention spans, and so there is often not quite enough text to fill a full half hour. Mog's Christmas is of course a great story for our celebrations Unit of Inquiry: not just for talking about how Mog's family celebrate Christmas, but for thinking about the communities that Mog is a part of. It features an all-star voice cast including Claire Foy, Benedict Cumberbatch, Miriam Margolyes, Maggie Steed, Zawe Ashton and more.

All’s well that ends well, and Mog’s Christmas finishes with everyone standing around the Christmas tree unwrapping presents. So very traditional is this adaptation that it does feel somewhat at odds with the world right now, and especially playing on a channel that’s famous for its alternative Christmas message. Mog is adorable, the family is amusingly doing weird stuff in preparation for the holiday, confusion ensues and all is happily resolved on the day itself. But that's why this series has remained a firm favourite for generations of children, from feeling sad that Mog was scared and stayed on the roof all night, to the light relief and finally the cozy feel that she soon enjoys the festive celebrations.

The illustrated children’s picture book adventure of the nation’s favourite cat, from the author of The Tiger Who Came To Tea – as seen on TV in the Christmas animation! Because once we have decided who we are going to approach, we are banking on them knowing the books and having that nostalgic love of Judith Kerr.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment