276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LEGO Lego Ray The Castaway (40566) Building Kit 2022

£26.19£52.38Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I was told producers were talking about the different people they liked as if we were characters in a soap,and she was worried because I was so open and honest. It did make me think twice. I was the last of all the islanders to sign my contract. Design-wise, I like how closely they kept to DadiTwins’ original design, and how it’s so immediately recognisable. Ray the Castaway comes with one Minifigure. Can you guess his name? Ray features a double-sided torso and dual molded legs. The torso is one we’ve seen before, as is the bearded hairpiece. However, in this case both suit the character. Additionally, the set includes a bottle, a treasure chest, three rubies, a parrot, a crab, a whip, and two fish. This fun character with all his accessories easily earns 100% for design. Roger and Rosemary Stephenson and their children Roger is now a retired GP, while Rosemary is active in the local community. Before Castaway, I was an outgoing, friendly guy who was the life and soul of the party. On the show I was portrayed in such a bad way that my nephews and nieces were bullied at school and my sister was humiliated in a supermarket.

This set does sport ten palm fronds in three shades of green, which is quite nice for a set of this size. It’s definitely the parts highlight of the set, especially if you can rustle up the missing pieces for a third palm. It’s heartbreaking that so many people in the spotlight have issues as a direct result of their fame, whether that’s five minutes or a long and even very successful career. It’s a fun little set, with a couple of great use of parts to add unique details. The palm trees are interesting as they have the new multiple stem flower elements under each leaf, giving them extra texture. The S.O.S message is also clever, using two snake decorations often found in the NINJAGO sets as S’s and a lifesaver ring for the O.Dumping out the contents, you get a instructions booklet and five bags of pieces. Note that they are not numbered. However, its not unusual as this set isn’t that big.

In this LEGO review article, we’ll review the 18+ LEGO IDEAS 40566 Ray the Castaway set (October 2022 GWP Gift Promo Set). Offering sessions of counselling after the show is finished is like putting a plaster on a deep festering wound.Now 63 and a counsellor, he said: “When we agreed to take part in Castaway, no one really knew what reality television was. The twins, Dave and Deigo have submitted their latest creation to the LEGO Group’s official “ Do You Want To Go to the Seaside?” contest – the submission with the most vote gets made into a set. Ray the Castaway by Dadi Twins has won the LEGO Group’s official “ Do You Want To Go to the Seaside?” contest! Ray the Castaway is a fan design submitted by DadiTwins, and as you can see from the original design, has mostly kept the aesthetics and overall look, with a few small tweaks.

Oh, and MASSIVE shoutout to my wife for building and photographing the set while I’m away in Billund! And the people making these shows should be more respectful of the lives contestants will have when the cameras stop rolling. I’m still trying to make up my mind on the SOS written in the sand. I do think it’s a fun, creative addition to a set like this. But the snakes feel out of place for me. That said, I don’t have an alternative part that would’ve worked better. When I left the show, I had people spit on me, verbally abusing me and it got to the stage where I didn’t want to leave the house. This is the front box for the LEGO IDEAS 40566 Ray the Castaway front box. It has the recommended age, set number and number of pieces.Overall, I think this is a very charming GWP. There’s plenty of fun details, and I like the fishing rod, and plenty of marine life like starfish, eels (?), a crab, fish and a parrot to keep Ray company. No seagull unlike the original design but the parrot works thematically. Ray can spend time cooking with the campfire. He has a pan and can roast the fish that he caught. A blue and yellow parrot sits on top. This is a pretty neat looking parrot. There’s also a nice big red crab nearby. You continue with the desert island by building the shelter and adding more details. Now, we have the fishing rod with the fish, a yellow cup, cooking pan and a small fire. Gift idea – This 243-piece model measures over 5 in. (14 cm) high, 7 in. (19 cm) wide and 5 in. (13 cm) deep, and makes a fun gift for adults or any LEGO® enthusiast You also build a brown treasure chest. There are some red diamonds crystals inside. The treasure chest can be closed.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment