276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Chingle Hall

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

ive been 2 this hse many times and on 1 visit there was a little girl in yellow dress on briage wen let into hse isaid i met your daughter out side she said i dont have 1 but i always felt i was not alone However, the Southworth’s were a Catholic family and the de Houghtons were Protestant so the families would not give the couple their blessing and the young lovers were forbidden from marrying. They would sneak away to meet by the river where they made plans to elope and marry in secret. Hi im from a team of investigators who stayed the night at chingle in april and got a lot of activity, from mysterious orbs to strange banging noises and foot steps that would echo as i walked along the draw bridge,even somebody grabbing my arm and producing a large amount of static around me .Years ago my family and i went to chingle and i wouldnt get out of the car until i saw our guide who literally looked half man ,half woman. At the door an old lady let us enter and our way out ,i pointed out to the guide that the old lady who was in a picture on the wall had let us in . Her comments were. "this cant be as the lady i was pointing at had died ten years before " Thw womam i had witnessed was the old mrs Howarth,previous owner of chingle. Rufford Old Hall is today a National Trust property and is designated as a Grade I listed building by English Heritage, whilst the cottage, coach house and stables in the grounds are designated as Grade II. In terms of appointments, the Hall is beautifully finished with unique accessories including a wooden screen carved from bog oak. This striking, free-standing piece is actually the only known surviving example of its kind from the early part of the 16 th century. A painting of Thomas Hesketh, the Second MP for Preston, hangs over the staircase. It also boasts an impressive collection of arms, armour and 17th-century oak furniture which was donated to the National Trust by Thomas Fermor-Hesketh, 1st Baron Hesketh.

The gates were shut at 36 but you can pass round to the left - some one has chalked 'Bridleway' on the pillar.Of course, this magnificent building is also reported to be haunted, It has been investigated several times and has featured on several different paranormal television shows as well.

The floorboards were removed and replaced with new wood, but to this day the stain is said to reappear every now and then on the new floor! It’s easy to see why Samlesbury Hall is considered to be one of the most haunted places in Preston. My daughter and I and her children, eventually found Chingle hall. When we arrived, a thunderstorm was brewing, but it was not raining as yet! I approached the main well, while there are a number of well documented cases of phenomena at the Hall i have it on exceptionally good authority from a former workmate who has worked on TV productions there that the guides are not above putting lavender pot pourri around as the tours arrive and while i have personally experienced some odd events there i would say that for genuine hauntings Hoghton Tower is hard to beatthis in time led to a nominal readjustment, the representatives of the three co-heirs being said to hold fivesixths of the manor. There were other changes. The It is said that the recipe is a secret, but this is hard to accept because each housewife seems to have her own recipe. From 1794 the house was owned by the Farrington family for some hundred years before being bought by the Longton family. In 1945, the house was rented by the Howarths before they bought the property in 1960.In the 1970's guided tours were available highlighting Priest holes and paranormal activity at the hall . After Mr Howarth died the house stood empty and was badly vandalised, until Sandra and John Coppleston-Bruce bought the house in 1986 and restored it. The property was then bought by the Kirkhams in February 1995. [3]

i went to chingle hall with my mum and dad at the age of 11 i have blonde hair and when i went into eleanors room she took a shine to me. My mum said she say a faint mist flowing around me my mum had taken some pictures of me in her room and when they where developed i could see very faint girl around me as if she wanted me to stay with her We'v been talking about the huanted chingal hall today in English and i think it was kind of scary. my brother stayed there in 95 he had some weird things happen to him,i would love to stay there how do i go about it. William Drury claimed 4½ acres in Whittingham against Master Robert de Singleton in 1295; De Banco R. 110, m. 73; I stopped at chingle hall in 1989. It was the most terrifying experience i have ever encontered. I was desperately uneasy throughout the entire experience. We stopped there for charity and nothing worked - watches, cameras, walkmans, well anything with a battery. we also experienced problems with doors being held shut and then opening without anyone being there and also footseps coming down the stairs but no shadows on the white walls of the staircase. I have never summed up the courage to revisit.wow looks creepy but i would go in there becasue i like to explore haunted places but i get scared when i get paranoid about it

was succeeded by a son William, (fn. 31) who made numerous grants of lands to his children, (fn. 32) and was Goosnargh Chapel lies Eaves Green and to the northwest Middleton; Inglewhite is 1½ miles north of the I wouldnt dare go to chingle hall despite being a working medium. Ive been told by a very good friend that no matter who has been in there seemed to end up with mental problems and health issues at some point in their lives? Fact or fiction? Er.... i am not going to try to find out!Ibid, ii, 1. His 'manor' of Whittingham was held of John de Whittingham by a rent of 4 d.; he also held a I stayed at the hall some years ago and found it a fascinating place.I dared myself to go into the bedroom with the pictures of holy men on the wall and shut the door and turned the light of, i sat there waiting for the door to burst open which was reputed to happen but unfortunately the only thing i saw was my eyelids drop! I think i slept for an hour or so until another member of my party awoke me, i did feel very relaxed in that chair. Does anyone recall beig told that the childrens spirit was following them, by the guide? Our guide said that they where following me around and i hoped that this would manifest something but them spirits are a bit shy! All in all a great night in a great place, i'd have no problem living there! I hope i can visit again. The history, stunning architecture and grounds are what draws many, but there are those amongst us who cannot resist the allure of a ghost story or two. When a building has a ghastly past such as the one seen by Salmesbury Hall, one of murder, executions and suicide, it is no wonder the trust has seen fit to host ghost tours year-round. When visiting with long hair, watch out for the resident ladies’ man who likes to stroke it whenever he can. You won’t see him of course, but the sensation will be unmistakeable. He is said to have killed himself after his high living plunged him into debt but he clearly isn’t ready to give up his lifestyle just yet! Also see if you can spot the perennial blood stain that was created when a Catholic priest was executed by soldiers during the Reformation; it is said to reappear time after time.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment