276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Destroy Me (Shatter Me Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Destroy Me is a popular novella written by the American author, Tahereh Mafi. The book in young adult fiction, science fiction, and dystopian fiction genres tells a story between three key characters who are Juliette Ferrars, Aaron Warner and Adam Kent. It is a sequel to the Shatter Me book by the same author. The same can be said of Find Me. It contains both Shadow Me and Reveal Me (also listed separately above), the two later novellas. Is Shatter Me Spicy? This allows you to see what Warner is thinking since Shatter Me is told from Juliette’s point of view. It also serves as an interlude between novels since the events of Destroy Me take place after Shatter Me but before Unravel Me. My hand shakes as I reach for the little blue bottle I was given this morning. I place two of the square-shaped pills on my tongue and allow them to dissolve. I’m not sure what they do; I only know they help replenish the blood I’ve lost. So I lean against the wall until my head clears and I feel stronger on my feet.

At one point she says that the brother of a killed child must be in his 20s, and then she says that a guy of 35ish is of the right age to be him.I got hooked right from the start both by the plot and the excellent writing. It's full of twists and turns that literally leave you guessing right till the very end. The thrilling second installment in New York Times bestselling author Tahereh Mafi’s Shatter Me series. What the novellas do is provide extra insight into the world of Shatter Me. They’re often from a different POV. For instance, Destroy Me, the first novella, is from Warner’s POV. He is the villain of the first novel.

I’ve been shot, Delalieu,” I manage to say. I open my eyes. Look into his watery ones. “I haven’t gone deaf.” This novella is from Kenji’s perspective during the events of Restore Me and full of his signature sass. What do you do if you suddenly see a photo-fit of yourself on the news, and the police want to interview you in connection with a murder that you know nothing about? Well, presumably you go down to the police station and set the matter straight, especially if you have a water-tight alibi and were nowhere near the place in question.I knew she was terrified, horrified, even, but I never thought those feelings were directed toward me. I’d seen her evolve as we spent time together; she seemed more comfortable as the weeks passed. Happier. At ease. I allowed myself to believe she’d seen a future for us; that she wanted to be with me and simply thought it impossible. Cat is a soon to be divorced mother of a 5 year old. Her son is just beginning school in a school with a good reputation. Since her photo has been linked to this recent murder, Cat is apprehensive to be seen in public. When another mother befriends her, she is unsure of her intentions. While at her house for a play date, Cat meets her husband, Luke. Cat already knows Luke......how does he fit into this murder investigation? A lot of readers find this rather annoying, but you get used to it as you go along. It’s much easier for me to deal with than when an entire book is written in a different dialect, like Goddess in the Machine. Who is Tahereh Mafi? I've read all of Karen Cole's book and enjoyed them, so I was really excited about this book. The premise sounds so unique and intriguing. Unfortunately, it didn't deliver. Catherine isn't a very likable character and her constant complaints about her weight and appearance became grating. The book was fast paced and interesting enough until the big secret of what Catherine and Charlie has done all those years ago was revealed. After the big reveal, I lost any trace of sympathy I had for Catherine. Not only was their actions despicable, but justice wasn't served in the end. I hated the ending so much! It was frustrating, disgusting and I'm left angry after finishing this book.

Perfect for the fans of Shatter Me who are desperately awaiting the release of Unravel Me, this novella-length digital original will bridge the gap between these two novels from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate, Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45. My thoughts are tangled in words that are not my own. I have to take a sharp breath to clear my head; I clench and unclench my fist. An easy, enjoyable read with plenty of suspense. Lots of twists and turns and red herrings to keep you guessing right to the end. I thought I had the ending all figured out, but I was wrong. You know I didn’t like him that much and it made me sad the fact that the cliché seemed to happen: the good boy got the good girl. Wasn’t it such a fairytale? That traitorous bastard. The idiot who thinks he's won himself a pretty girl. He has no idea who she is. No idea what she'd about to become.Juliette’s reign as the Supreme Commander has been a disaster. More than anything she wants to rely on Warner for support and guidance when children of other world leaders show up on her doorstep, but he has been keeping secrets from her that will change everything. Reading Destroy Me enables you to explore the complex characters, uncover the twists and turns of the storyline, and think about the power, betrayal and redemption issues. The ending also makes people unable to stop guessing the follow-up. This novel is absolutely worth reading for book lovers. Destroy Me PDF: Read and Edit

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment