276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Great British Sewing Bee: The Skills: Beyond Basics: Advanced Tips and Tricks to Take Your Sewing Technique to the Next Level

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Lizzie made a super cool outfit I would have loved as a child - a waistcoat with a tiered skirt and Doc Martin boots. Never one for a party dress and always in dungarees it was nice to see one of the Sewing Bees sew my dream party outfit. McCalls 7223 gives four different options for a children's waistcoat and would create a super contemporary look styled a la Lizzie! McCalls 7223 waistcoat pattern

Here is a button down dress I made, which would be perfect for sewing along with the Bees. Sadly this pattern is now only available in PDF format, although we do have a very limited number of paper copies left. If you don't manage to grab one we also have lots of other great options: Sewing Bee Patterns and FabricsIt would look great sewn up in our red John Kaldor ritual jersey fabric. John Kaldor ritual fabric in red

World week and the Sewing Bees were challenged with sewing up a range of garments from, you guessed it, around the world. Fighting for a place in the semi finals the pressure was on! The Pattern Challenge: A Terno BlouseHere are some super cute children's dresses if you fancy making the little people in your life a Sewing Bee themed treat. Both dresses would look beautiful sewn up in our swiss dot fabric or linen cotton mix fabric, available in a lovely range of colours, if you are team plain. The swiss dot is fairly sheer so you might want to add a lining. You can also find our top tips for working with slippery fabrics here. The Transformation Challenge: a Sci Fi Themed Garment

This recent Zandra Rhodes Vogue pattern would lend itself beautifully to a Frida Kahlo inspired dress: It would look stunning sewn up in our Duchesse satin fabric. Simplicity 9289 dress pattern Sewing Bee Tips and Techniques We have lots of wide leg women's trouser patterns on a similar theme if you would like to sewalong (see below). It would sew up into a beautiful special occasion blouse in our peachskin fabric with its silky soft handle and luxurious finish. It's available in a lovely range of colours here, but we think the short sleeved blouse would look perfect in the pretty lilac colour:Here's a round up of our favourite wrap dress patterns for woven fabrics and jersey fabrics. Wrap Dress Sewing Patterns for Woven Fabrics Simplicity 8637 Wrap Dress Pattern We noticed the Sewing Bees making good use of my favourite Janome scissors and our brilliant new Prym tailors hams, which alongside the matching sleeve roll are a firm favourite in our office too. Joe Lycett There is also the potential to stretch out the fabric as you cut it out so you may find it easier to use a rotary cutter and cutting mat than scissors. Tony made a super sexy fitted dress with dramatic godet sleeves and feather trim paired with a bolero. I thought Burda 6364 would be a great way to recreate the look. Burda 6364

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment