276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ProGold Xtreme Chain Lubricant 4oz, Yellow, One Size

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As far as possible that means recommending equipment that we have actually reviewed, but we also include products that are popular, highly-regarded benchmarks in their categories. Unless you have extra time or money to spend on lube, do yourself a favor, get PRO Gold and forget about it.

chain lubes 2023 - road.cc Best bike chain lubes 2023 - road.cc

The ChainJ easily slips into the links and leaves a very quiet transmission and as long as you wipe off any excess no dust or dirt seems to stick to the chain.With the changeable summer weather we had during testing a once a month clean of the chain and re-lube with the Pedro's kept everything running smoothly. Factory lube is anti corrosion as its main purpose, so it'll be better at keeping the chain none rusty, squirt is low friction main purpose not anti corrosion. You can feel the smoothness of the chain by putting the bike in a bike stand and pedaling the cranks backward. WT-1 ticks all the boxes for me: it's easy to use, long-lasting, weather-resistant and – perhaps best of all – makes your transmission really easy to keep clean. Graphenlube does appear to reduce friction, and it's certainly pretty tenacious in real-world conditions.

ProGold Prolink Chain Lube | Bikebug ProGold Prolink Chain Lube | Bikebug

Because it doesn’t attract grit and dirt like a wet lube, you can simply add a new application of dry lube to keep the drivetrain running sweetly.Thin bodied lubricant that does not build up or beacome tackyContains no solids like teflon, wax, moly, graphite or plastic. Friction in the drivetrain also contributes to overall drag but a modern drivetrain is in the region of 90-98% efficient, depending on the condition of the chain and several other factors. Then applied one drop per link then rolled crank backward with a rag around the chain to catch any extra.

Prolink Chain Lube - 4 oz. | REI Co-op ProGold Prolink Chain Lube - 4 oz. | REI Co-op

Even in warm conditions with full pre-cleaning and applying lots the chain sounded squeaky and dry within a couple rides, sometimes sooner. from Pedro's is a chain lubricant that aims to reduce the time you spend cleaning your chain, by doing it for you in part. I have two chains so I can always have one ready to swap over, minimal downtime, or I can wax both at the same time. You can warm the bottle but unless you want to use it indoors (with the solvent I dislike doing that) cool or cold air temps mean the wax solidifies on contact and doesn't get into the links at all. We also asked our readers to weigh in on their favorite lubes for mountain bikes, and in looking over the data, we found some interesting insights.A thin-bodied lubricant which utilises metal friction reducer technology for smooth shifting and a quiet drive train. I left the factory lube on like Sheldon Brown suggests, but after as little at 200 miles the chain was already 0. cc team, in particular Squirt chain lube, which is tenacious enough to use in crummy conditions too. I agree that it works well but on the two bottles I have had the nozzle is very strange and the cap incredibly difficult to get off. This is a great chain lube if you are doing regular maintenance on your bike which becomes easy because of how great the lube is and how easy application is with the nozzle.

ProLink Chain Lube Review - Road Bike Rider Cycling Site ProLink Chain Lube Review - Road Bike Rider Cycling Site

The drivetrain stays clean — not as squeaky clean as with a dry lube like White Lightning, but it won’t make a mess on your pristine road machine. Since I put between 10,000 and 12,000 miles per year on my Cervelo, I want the chains (and drivetrain) to last as long as possible. But that will last you a year and save you many times that amount replacing prematurely-worn components. If you prefer to keep your bike in pristine condition and are happy regularly cleaning and servicing your bike, a dry lube might be the right choice.Whether this is an issue for you depends on how often you like to clean your chain, but if you're a frequent cleaner, then Smoove works very well in between cleans. Rock “N” Roll Gold Lube falls somewhere between a wet and dry lube, and it’s one of the company’s newest (and, they might add, more expensive) offerings. Credit is provided by a panel of lenders with whom we have a commercial relationship (so we cannot provide independent advice). Since then he has worked on MTB Pro magazine and was editor of Maximum Mountain Bike and Australian Mountain Bike magazines, before switching to the web in 2000 to work for CyclingNews. Xtreme is more waterproof than ProLink and ideal for winter racing/training – road, cyclocross, MTB.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment