276°
Posted 20 hours ago

adidas Men's Solecourt Boost Tennis Shoe

£140£280.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It would be nice to see if Adidas makes any changes to the Solecourt Boost in the future. The cushioning is definitely there, but the boost throws off some of the sizing as well. For example, the forefoot area seems a little wider than most shoes, and while it works for some feet, it is a downfall for others.

There is a lot to like about the Adidas Solecourt Boost, but they are a perfect shoe for every style player out there. They are extremely comfortable, provide great durability, and have the stability that many players need. Across the board, our playtesters found that the modified herringbone outsole pattern on the SoleCourt Boost provided an optimal balance of grab and give. For Kristen, that traction remained consistent throughout the playtest. She explained, "From the beginning to the end of this playtest, I never had any issues with traction. The shoes had enough grip that I felt secure moving on court, but they also offered enough give to provide a well-balanced feel underfoot." Most players will not feel like the weight is too much of a hindrance for them overall. Some of the fastest players on tour use the Solecourt Boost, and they are doing just fine. Secondly, the heel area is heightened – transferring energy from the heel to the front of the foot. Rest assured, it also comes with PGuard technology on the toe, for added durability in this area.

Tiffani praised the stability of the SoleCourt Boosts, saying, "The SoleCourt Boost delivers big time when it comes to stability. I'm used to having outriggers up in the toe box area, so I did have to get acclimated to having an outrigger near the midfoot. As it turned out, the placement of the outrigger made these shoes feel extra stable. I especially noticed it when I was pulled out wide. With the outrigger, these shoes created a wide, stable platform. I did have a couple of instances of toe jamming on hard stops, but the ends of the shoes weren't so hard that they caused excruciating pain. The SoleCourt Boost felt close to a traditional Barricade for me in terms of stability, so I'm impressed." The outsole held up super well, and there’s plenty of protection upfront to defend against toe-drags, so I expect these shoes to go the distance. As is typical with more stable, durable shoe options, the SoleCourt Boosts didn't feel ultra light on the court. However, none of our playtesters found them to feel overly heavy either. For Brittany, these shoes fell somewhere in between. She said, "As far as weight was concerned, I found the SoleCourt Boosts to be about average among the shoes I have playtested. They weren't the lightest around the court, but I never felt like they slowed me down. They felt similar to Barricades of the past, but with better weight distribution." The upper looks great, particularly up around the heel, where the material is smooth, has a light sheen, and feels ultra-premium.

Before making a rash judgment on comfort, make sure to wear test if possible. It is recommended to go with the same size as normal, but some might need to go up or down depending on the width of their feet. Support & Stability – 9.1/10 In many photos online, they appear yellowish gold, but they’re bright orange, and although it’s not my favorite color, it’s fitting. They come with a snug feel, keeping your foot in place – improving overall stability on movement and diminishing portions when moving laterally. Last but not least, the shoes offer a standard tongue with a bit of stretch, and it doesn’t bunch up when lacing them. Metal eyelets allow you to synch the shoes tight with confidence. Insole Brittany - "The SoleCourt Boosts definitely share characteristics with some past adidas shoes. They are most similar to the Barricades in durability and weight. They fit like a traditional adidas shoe for me — a little wide and a little long. Similar shoes include the Diadora Speed Blushield 2, KSwiss Ultrashot and Nike Zoom Cage 3."At 15.7 ounces, the SoleCourt Boosts seem to be taking a stand against the idea that lighter automatically means faster. Standing on the shoulders of the Barricade line, the SoleCourt Boosts achieve their speed by being so stable that the player feels confident digging in and hunkering down, a style that screams battle more than grace. Throw in some extra tread for durability, and the weight starts to make more sense. Though he normally prefers lighter shoes, Jason was still not dismayed. He noted, "I wouldn't let the 15.7-ounce (size 10.5) weight scare you away from trying these shoes. Did they feel feathery light? No. But they certainly felt lighter than the static weight would suggest, and I barely even noticed the weight once I had them on court. Because there is no Boost material in the forefoot the shoes had a great heel-to-toe transition, which made them feel faster." Kristen echoed her fellow playtesters, saying, "These shoes are definitely a durable option. At the end of the playtest I didn't notice any wear on the outsoles or at the toe guard. The upper is also still in more or less pristine condition." Traction - Score: 4.2 Boost is our most responsive cushioning ever, delivering incredible energy return: The more energy you give, the more you get

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment