276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Minute to Midnight: 2 (Atlee Pine Thriller)

£11.995£23.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When she was six years old, someone snuck into her bedroom, kidnapped her twin sister, and left her for dead. And, as always with Baldacci’s work, there are numerous story arcs unfolding at the same time and they do come together well. What is supposed to be the main plot/crime as advertised (and what made me pick this book up) gets pushed to the wayside for other things and I felt a little cheated. Of course Atlee stays involved in this case even though she is supposed to be on vacation and trying to find the answers to what happened to Mercy.

This is a masterclass in how to keep a reader enthralled and captivated throughout and our heroine/protagonist is a very likeable person. Travelling to Georgia with her resourceful assistant Carol Blum, she finds people she knew as a child still living there - but then dead bodies staged in unusual poses start appearing: why has a serial killer started operating so soon after her arrival and can she stop them and get to the bottom of her personal tragedy when everyone seems to be hiding secrets from the past? Read on to know more about how and why this was so much better than its prequel, and where its shortcomings were. The plot has parallels to Harry Bosch, in the way the there are multiple threads/investigations happening at the same time. Firstly I'd say don't start to read this book unless you have a couple of days going spare, as it's very hard to stop reading!As with all Baldacci’s books, this was another fantastic book and am so pleased that I was able to get an early read. If you’d like to share your thoughts on David Baldacci or any of his books and characters (or any books in general), drop us a line in the comments below.

Atlee believes a convicted serial killer, Daniel Thor, may be responsible and this story opens with her visiting him in prison. I found A Minute to Midnight by author David Baldacci an absolutely gripping page-turner and loved the female protagonist Atlee Pine’s kickass character. It is suggested by the main character that workplaces, even such as FBI should accommodate to women, who want to be mothers.Atlee, a tall weightlifter now an FBI agent based in a relatively remote part of Arizona, has been on a 30-year quest to find out what really happened to her twin sister, Mercy.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment