276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Darkest Dark

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

He was CAPCOM for 25 Shuttle launches and served as Director of NASA Operations in Star City, Russia from 2001-2003, Chief of Robotics at the Johnson Space Center in Houston from 2003-2006, and Chief of International Space Station Operations from 2006-2008. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. Less of a full biography than a brief memoir of a memorable episode from a memorable life, The Darkest Dark is both informative and entertaining. So much detail went into the drawings that gave it extra historical weight…the Toronto Star newspaper on the nightstand dated July 16, 1969…Walter Cronkite’s face on the TV screen as everyone huddles around.

The darkest dark is a beautiful picture book inspired by Chris Hadfield's childhood, he dreams of one day becoming an astronaut and his imagination is limitless, yet he fears the dark and all the aliens that may be sneaking up on him at night until he watches the 1969 moon landings and realises that space is the darkest dark possible and he wants desperately to be able to explore it.Having discovered the work of Fan brothers in their gorgeous picture-book debut, The Night Gardener, I was very excited to see this second title, and I was not disappointed. After months of waiting, they can’t stand the anticipation anymore and rip open the box to turn it on. El libro, tiene las tapas blanditas pero su encuadernación, grosor de hojas e impresión es bastante buena. My daughter loves it and the extra fun for her is that parts of the book and pages glow in the dark.

Inspired by Chris's decision to become an astronaut after watching the Apollo 11 moon landing at age nine, The Darkest Dark is an inspiring story about facing your fears and following your dreams. The story provides a beautiful, innocent account of the common childhood fear of being scared or the dark and what can be found hiding within it. Furthermore, I believe that as this is based upon a real astronauts account it may help some more reluctant readers to be drawn into the world of books and how they fit into the real world around us. Teaching children to face their fears; to not fear the dark for it holds much wonder and beauty; and to never give up on their dreams.Un niño que tenía miedo a la oscuridad pero quería ser astronauta, y que hay más oscuro que el universo? I have even caught her looking at the book (when i thought she was asleep) in the dark because of the glow in dark parts. The Darkest Dark does a great job capturing the liveliness of a child's imagination, be it through acting out their aspirations or reacting to their fears.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment