276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Kyosho Ultima 2WD 1:10 Kit *Legendary Series*

£40.995£81.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

is there a parts list or a part number for this re re trans?? somewhere i can look it up at?? Thank got for having you own computer so you can hide what you buy from your wife Ya well I am old enough I don't care how loud my wife BARKS now besides she is getting new carpet but I got to pay for it !! so she can bark all she wants to!!!! I burned the dog house down!!! is that aluminum chassis heavier then this pro graphite Chassis or is it better then the graphite ? does it use the same body as the ultima pro?? The motor is a fully rebuild Trinity Horsepower 1987 World Champions with 13x2 turns and amazing 38.000rpm.

Opened the B bag and prepared the upper rods. 21.50mm is what the manual recommends and I'm pretty close. Rear gearbox is equipped with ball differential that produces traction stability without affecting road grip. Unassembled chassis kit includes wheels and tires for front and rear, unpainted body, and rear wing. This design was so successful that Associated kept it in production for twelve years, making running changes and improvements along the way. This RC10 is a hodgepodge of leftover parts; ten or twelve years ago, I bought two large lots of broken and used RC10s, about ten cars in total, along with boxes of parts. I restored and sold nearly all of them, and built myself three examples using the leftovers, because I don’t really care about originality; I just want to drive them.I fully agree, and as you mention the RC10 versus the (Turbo) Scorpion, I'd like to add that a Scorpion actually won the (rather inofficial) ROAR World Championship against RC10 prototypes/preproduction carss at the Anaheim Convention Center in 1984. The Scorpion was admittedly very heavily modified with aftermarket parts, if I remember correctly, with 1/8 scale Kyosho dampers, Holiday Buggy rear tires on CRP aluminum wheels and a lot of other CRP parts. Newly designed front wheel shaft with kingpin offset delivers improved straight line running stability as well as controlled initial steering response. For me, it would be history kinda repeating itself. In the 80's I started with a Hornet, and eventually I got an Ultima Pro, but about the same time Teenager years were drawing my attention elsewhere. You know, Battletech. GIANT STOMPY ROBOTS. Oh yeah girls and cars, but GIANT STOMPY ROBOTS.

I'd say they's an evolution change just between them. The Turbo Scorpion sat at the top of the trailing arm/metal suspension era. On the right surface, in good hands it could still hang with the RC10, but the RC10's design was still clearly the way forward (from a performance perspective). The Ultima on the other hand, was Kyosho's step toward making a car more in line with the RC10. The RC10 was completely dominant in the US until the Ultima came out. The Ultima remained its only real competition until the JRX2 was released.Started to assemble the slipper clutch this morning and I might get the updated pads from the Scorpion. Is an option and seems to make sense with my planed motor setup.

By far the strongest and fastest brushed motor in my collection. I'm waiting for a LeMans 240SB and a LeMans 480T from Japan but for now this is the powertrain. From what I can see, the Ultima (far from being my favorite in the Legendary series) is having some common elements with the Optima chassis class... And this probably also one of the reasons I didn't put it on my list of must have: when I was teenager, I dreamed about the Turbo Scorpion and about Optima/Javelin. I never dreamt about the Ultima, probably because there was the Optima...

FUEL & PLUGS

Plan is to use Kyosho's Le Mans 240S 15.5T 4WD brushless motor and Kyosho's 60 amp ESC, a combo I am already using in a re-release Javelin and a Turbo Scorpion. The Turbo Scorpion has a top speed of over 37mph (60km/h) on 3S Lipo. In wet weather on 2S, it provides a top speed of about 25mph (40km/h). Both re-release buggies are fitted with front and rear sway bars, providing improved cornering. like all good things I got Married and these cars got well stored the new wife said to sell them! " Your to old to be playing with kids stuff !! " are fist son got old enough so I gave them to him! Well he was not very kind to these cars and when he broke them Included motor guard (was only available as optional upgrade on the original ULTIMA) is made from A6061T6 material and delivers increased durability. Resin wing mount provides choice of 2 height settings and angle can be set between 3°- 6° with shims. Previously made from polycarbonate, the resin wing delivers improved crash resistance. In addition to white, there are 5 color options to add extra style to your machine. The front skid on the carbon chassis improves clearance over surface gaps while front caster angle setting optimizes handling characteristics. These are the classic Kyosho electric buggies originally designed by Akira Kogawa according to what I could find online (years may be wrong):

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment