276°
Posted 20 hours ago

YakTrax Men's Run Winter Traction Device-Grey

£14.5£29.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The kathoola micro spike though is by far the best option out there for terrain use, they are quite heavy in comparison and on soft shoes as the brooks pure runs you will feel the heavy spikes through the sole. Interesting review and product, although it looks like making the product worse compared to the pro model. Continue your training during the winter with the same stability you are accustomed to on dry surfaces. Although designed for the demands of winter runners Yaktrax Run can be used as a general ice grip and are ideal for winter walking, particularly in urban areas, in parkland and on firm woodland trails. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_1g0Eos9X0 Video can’t be loaded because JavaScript is disabled: Best Winter Running Tips (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_1g0Eos9X0) May or may not require signature...Can collect from postal operators depot if attempted delivery made whilst you are out...Delivered 3-4 working days following dispatch.

The one thing that surprised me is that it didn’t feel a lot different than running in my regular trail shoes. I still had ground feel and was able to increase and decrease my pace without having to be cautious of slipping. Yaktrax were originally conceptualized by an outdoor adventurer during his exploration of the Himalayas. This adventurer encountered a seasoned Sherpa walking with ease over the slippery icy surface. Overall I found that the YakTrax Run did a pretty good job for the conditions I encounter on roads and sidewalks during or after a snowstorm. They are great on icy surfaces and snow-covered, plowed road, and decent in fresh snow as long as it’s not too deep. My runs are not suited to a spikier traction device so the Kahtoola Microspikes are not something I’d really need, but for occasional traction needs encountered by a road runner in winter they function well. I have used both yaktrak and kathoola up to full marathon distances pair with either the brooks pure cadence and puredrift. While using your shoe size to find your best size is a good guide, it is not always foolproof. If you want to guarantee that your insole fit your shoes as closely as possible, we recommend measuring your existing insole and using this as a guide to your size.

You don't have to abandon your exercise routine this winter, even if it snows. With the Yaktrax Run Grey Ice Grips for Shoes, you can achieve increased stability on snowy or icy surfaces, even when you run or job. By using a combination of steel coils and toe spikes, the Yaktrax Runs increase the traction your shoes provide and can perform in temperatures as cold as-40.5°C (-41°F). What's Included? The Yaktrax Run supports a forefoot/midfoot strike well because of the placement of the spikes, so no worries about that. A strong rear foot striker is going to land with a bit more on the coils but will still use the spikes to generate forward momentum during the later stages of the running gait when they shift onto the front of their foot. Over the years of continuous research and innovation, manufacturers have developed numerous types of Yaktrax for different levels of traction, to suit every need. For winter running, there are two types of Yaktrax namely Yaktrax Pro and Yaktrax Run. In an effort to reduce the carbon footprint of the product Yaktrax Run now includes recycled content in the coils, carbide spikes and the natural rubber foot frame.

The Yaktrax are made from natural rubber, which remains fully flexible in sub-zero temperatures. This ensures they always provide a versatile fit, making them suitable for all kinds of shoes including sports trainers, hiking shoes or steel capped work boots. How Do The Yaktrax Run Ice Grips Work? Durability and Protection – Be ready for the terrain ahead of you on the trail! It’s actually difficult during normal weather conditions, but what more during winter? For most of our insoles, the easiest way to find the best size for you is to go off of your current shoe size. The majority of our insoles are available in a range of sizes and you can simply select the size that best fits your existing shoes.

The heel of the Yaktrax Run retains the familiar coils from other models, and does a better job in deeper snow. Yaktrax Run are great on icy surfaces and snow-covered, plowed roads, and decent in fresh snow as long as it’s not too deep.

While I initially wasn’t a fan of the process of mounting the YakTrax Pro to my shoes, over time I’ve come to realize it’s actually quite easy. Yes, the the metal coils inevitably fold each device into a pyramidal shape. When the pyramid points downward, the rubber ring constricts and it can be difficult to slip your toe under the strap. When the pyramid points up, the coils press against the forefoot strap, which again makes it difficult to slip your toe under the strap. Second, you have to be mindful of the strap itself, as it could slip out of the slit through which it folds over itself. The Yaktrax Pro front strap design also lessens the chance of a complaint that I’ve heard about other rubber ring design traction devices. That is that the rubber pulls the toe of the shoe up, which can lead to discomfort or even injury when used for prolonged periods.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQOQ8BhoUHA Video can’t be loaded because JavaScript is disabled: Yaktrax Run Instructions (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQOQ8BhoUHA) Another key difference is that the Yaktrax Pro have a velcro strap that tightens over the forefoot. The straps help keep the Yaktrax secure with less rubber than other traction devices, which contributes significantly to weight savings. It also yields a very secure fit.

Yaktrax are strap-on metal spikes that are designed to pierce through ice and hard snow which provides you more traction when running. Also known as “ice cleats,” these are affixed to a shoe or a boot with small spikes underneath. These are used to avoid sliding on slippery surfaces when walking or running during the winter season. Yaktrax, although it helps a lot, still requires you to have a running shoe that is designed for winter running. For better winter running performance, be sure to partner your Yaktrax with these great shoe features: Match the measurements to the dimensions of the insoles listed, and choose the size that best fits your results The Yaktrax Runs are so lightweight, you'll barely notice them when you run. They have a weight range of 274.99 - 331.7 (9.7 - 11.7oz) depending on your chosen size. Reflective Straps Improve Fit and Visibility

Do Yaktrax Eliminate the Risk of Ice?

In the past I’ve used YakTrax Pro cleats in cases where a bit of extra traction is needed. These are the standard YakTrax with the metal coils underfoot. They’ve always worked well, but the consistent complaint I hear about them is that the rubber bands inside the coils are prone to snapping, which renders them useless. I don’t use mine except when there is a layer of snow on the ground, so they don’t come out often, and never on bare asphalt. As such, I have never broken a pair, but I can see how durability would be a concern. The outer band rests against the outer edge of your footprint (this should not be caught on the sole).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment