276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Laziza Ras Malai Mix 75gms

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

One of my all time favorite Indian desserts is Rasmalai. It's rich and creamy and melt in your mouth good. Plump milky dumplings are soaked in a rosewater and cardamom scented sweet milk and topped off with nuts and saffron. Truly a dessert fit for a king (and me) and Diwali! Mom made rasmalai during Hindu holidays and our family members would get every last drop of milk into their spoon because it was that good! Everyone would request this dessert from her even if it was just a regular Saturday night. She used ricotta cheese for her version, which is what is used in this recipe. Use real cardamom pods to get the crushed powder. Do not use the ready made cardamom powder that we get in stores, it doesn’t have the same taste as the real one. So, you mix the milk powder and baking powder. Then add the beaten eggs to the milk powder mixture as you stir it and mix it with your fingers.

So now that we know what rasmalai is let’s talk a bit about how you can make them perfectly at home. The biggest problem that people face while making rasmalai at home is that the rasmalai balls often turn out hard whereas they should be totally soft and in fact melt in your mouth – that’s when you know you have made the perfect rasmalai. During my trip to India this time I made it so many times that now I feel confident in sharing these little tips which will make sure that your rasmalais turn out perfectly every time. Add cheese, ground cardamom, cinnamon, and white sugar in a mixing bowl. Mix cheese with spices and sugar. Set aside. You can let the balls cool down in sugar syrup itself and then you can skip this step and transfer the balls directly to milk. Combine all ingredients for the milk mixture in a pot. Heat on stove slightly just until warm, 2-3 minutes. Do not boil or simmer. Remove cheese from oven when done. Place in the refrigerator immediately. Let it cool for 15-20 minutes. When cool, use a butter knife to loosen the edges of the cheese, then gently lift out using a small pastry spatula or fork. Remove from pan and add to milk mixture.Once the milk comes to a boil, lower the flame and continue to stir the milk at regular intervals. After 10 minutes add sugar and mix. Thank you for reading this. I hope you’re now wanting to try this Rasmalai recipe with milk powder. When you do, can you please share what you think about the recipe? While the cheese is baking. Make the milk mixture. My mom uses a combination of condensed milk, evaporated, and whole milk for her rasmalai, but evaporated works well in place of the half and half if you're not a fan of evaporated milk. Add saffron strands to milk mixture and heat just until warm. If available add crushed pistachios or almonds to milk. Point No. 3: Even though you have to squeeze out the water completely from the chena, make sure that it’s not completely dry. The chena should feel soft and moist even after you have squeezed out the water. So don’t press it too hard else it will become dry and resulting rasmalai balls will not be soft. This step is important so do leave little water in the chena so that it feels soft and moist when you mash it. Mix dry milk, eggs, baking powder and oil in a bowl and knead well. When kneaded gently, form flat round balls with the mixture.

There are only two things you need to do. First, make the milk dough balls, and second, boil the milk to cook the milk dough. Point No. 5: The balls when dipped in sugar syrup double in size so make the balls accordingly. I got only 8-9 balls because I was trying to make big rasmalai balls. Usually I get 16-17 balls from 1 liter of milk but of course they are smaller in size.Point No. 6: Use a wide pan to cook the rasmalai balls. The balls double in size so there should be enough space in the pan for them to cook. Don’t overcrowd the pan with too many balls. Rasmalai It is a snapshot of festivity of all conventional pastry sweethearts as Pakistan's key food network, yes Kfoods.com is introducing the smooth and flavorsome Ras Malai formula to its dearest fans everywhere throughout the globe!

Rasmalai balls: To make rasmalai balls the milk is first boiled and and then curdled by adding lemon juice or vinegar. After draining the water from the curdled milk, the protein that is left is called the “chena” or “paneer”. The chena is then mashed till it becomes smooth. Small balls are then made from that chena and dropped in boiling sugar syrup till cooked. Start with whole milk ricotta cheese. Season it with ground cardamom and sugar. You may also used crushed cardamom. My mom likes to add a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg- optional. When there is Eid to come, or you hold a family assembling at your home, ras malai is one of those dishes that work impeccable at events. Eating rasmalai after the dinner gives feeling of a total attractive supper. Take out the cooled down rasmalai balls from the fresh water bowl. Squeeze and flatten lightly using your hands and put in sugar syrup for around 10-15 minutes [so that they absorb the sugar] before transferring them to milk. Squeeze the balls carefully as they are very soft and can break easily. I like to flatten the rasmalai at this stage rather than flattening them in the beginning. I feel they get cooked evenly in the sugar syrup when the balls are round in shape.

Laziza Rasmalai Mix

Making rasmalai is a fun. Earlier, people used cream and plain milk for making rasmalai at home however we will share Pakistani style for making a homemade rasmalai. We will use dry milk powder to make the rasmalai balls. Although, we have shared the whole procedure with step by step pictures, here is the method reproduced again.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment