276°
Posted 20 hours ago

My Mad Fat Diary

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Having binged my way through the episodes in recent weeks, I can’t think of any series – comedy or otherwise – that takes such an emotional journey in such a short run. Rae’s family life, and her lack of a father figure, is a subplot in terms of screen time, but it’s rendered marvellously, and fills the show with big emotional beats.

My Mad Fat Diary - AbeBooks - Earl, Rae 9780340950944: My Mad Fat Diary - AbeBooks - Earl, Rae

The Art Desk said "the first episode of this six-part comedy drama is touching, hilarious and perfectly cast.The book and the TV series show the relationship between your mum and the 17-year-old you was clearly strained - as they often are at that age. La verdad me fue muy extraño leer el diario de alguien, sinceramente me aburría y además como es un diario no teníamos tanta información más que el punto de vista de la protagonista, horas o quizás días después de que hubieran pasado en realidad los hechos. Either way, she certainly got her last laugh at her high school tormentors with this book and hit tv series.

My Mad Fat Diary - Macmillan My Mad Fat Diary - Macmillan

Or people who you thought were so beautiful and sorted and had everything that you wanted felt exactly the same way. Thinking about it now, every single member of the group has their fallible moments, whether it’s cheating on their partner, betraying a friend to gain cool points, or ignoring other people’s problems because their own seem more important. My second is potentially the best book ever written since Shakespeare – but I can’t make it work so at the moment it’s just a bit rubbish. It's completely 100% cringeworthy at points but it's so realistic and close to some of the nonsence I myself put on paper as a teenager.I’m confident that, if you’re a lover of great comedy, she’ll make you laugh a few times in the pilot episode alone. I did take some liberties with time and people's characters, because Bethany is a combination of girls, she isn't just one.

My Mad Fat Diary - British Comedy Guide Rae Earl interview - My Mad Fat Diary - British Comedy Guide

It’s my favourite show in a long time that’s come from outside the realms of comic books and sci-fi, and well worth checking out, if you haven’t already. But yes – if you want a new show to laugh your socks off at, you could do much much worse than joining me in the latecomers-to- My Mad Fat Diary club. It's the story of Rae Earl, a teenage girl who's just been released from a stint in a psychiatric hospital and is trying to sort out her life.It’s funny and brilliant and while the acting is not the best as Sherlock or Doctor Who, it’s real and raw.

My Mad Fat Diary - Earl, Rae: 0340950943 9780340950944: My Mad Fat Diary - Earl, Rae: 0340950943

She said: ‘Sometimes you will be perfect, but someone else just has the edge… That’s OK because one day you will have the edge.In terms of screen-time and time spent mastering it behind-the-scenes, this wall-of-scribbles special effect is a tiny part of the show. I think that's really true, and I think you have to read the diary knowing that that is my 17-year-old, emotionally unbalanced self talking about people. Earl is overtly mocked about her weight, and makes up for it by always playing the clown, with quick repartee, and occasional cruel words for others.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment