276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Little Sister: Is she witness, victim or killer? A nail-biting thriller with twists you'll never see coming

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I’m always impressed with how Lodge takes a police procedural, which as its name implies is all about the process of solving a crime, and turns it into a deeply characte-driven narrative. There was one character that I truly hated,this person was so cruel and vindictive and I spent the whole book hoping that this person would get their comeuppance. We use Google Analytics to see what pages are most visited, and where in the world visitors are visiting from. He confronts her with the truth that her real motive was to get money from Mavis Weld, who is her sister, and that it was she who told Steelgrave where to find Orrin.

Isabel was born in London, grew up on the Sussex coast, and now spends much of her time in a writing cabin in Dorset. Karen's Roller Skates: Karen breaks her wrist after losing her balance on her new roller skates and needs to get a cast. Thank to Kensington Books and NetGalley for an advanced copy of this book to read in exchange for my honest opinion. Many thanks to her, Netgalley and Kensington books for an ARC in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.The sisters were once very close,what happened all those years ago that made them go their separate ways and not speak for sixteen years? Fans of In the Dark by Cara Hunter, The Girl Before by JP Delaney, The Last Thing She Told Me by Linda Green, Her Name Was Rose by Claire Allan, The Innocent Wife by Amy Lloyd, Our Little Lies by Sue Watson and Behind Closed Doors by BA Paris will love this. It also makes each devastating new bombshell that Isabel Ashdown throws in all the more explosive and unexpected.

You’ll find an exclusive short story by Isabel Ashdown there, too, plus three more romantic stories, great features, cookery and more. In the case of this particular story for me the characters resonated, made me randomly growly, occasionally murderous then Isabel Ashdown put the finishing touches on it with an evil flourish – fairly sure she was twirling a moustache as she wrote The End. I love a dysfunctional family drama and here we meet one gradually submerging in the secrets and lies that threaten to overwhelm them. I found Little Sister really hard to put down, often thinking about its twists and surprises throughout the day. It is on occasions a slow and involving read, sometimes a little on the languorous side, unhurried maybe.The story in Little Sister is told with alternating points of view between the sister, Jess and Emily through the first half of the book at which point another POV is added into the mix. Things mostly follow along in the current time but there are flashes in the story to develop the past between Jess and Emily to dive deeper into their relationship. Please try again later as the restrictions may be lifted, or contact your service provider if the issue persists. First published in the 1950s, Dorothy Edwards' much-loved My Naughty Little Sister books were inspired by memories of her own sister, and will particularly resonate with older siblings.

Her voice is solid and reassuring, and I feel her eyes drilling right down inside me, as if she’s lifted the top off my head and peered in.

Emily's daughter, Daisy goes missing when Jess is babysitting her while Emily, her husband and stepdaughter go out for New Year's Eve. But, I felt like the disappearance of Daisy was a buffer to the actual story of the two sisters Jess and Emily. Seller has stated it will dispatch the item within 1 working day upon receipt of cleared payment - opens in a new window or tab .

Just when you think you have worked it out, another curve ball appears to throw you off balance and those doubts reappear. You can't help but feel things coming to a head and wonder what the fall-out will be, making Isabel Ashdown's Little Sister a disturbing yet truly compelling read. Totally, unputdownable, gripping, thrilling, hold your breath, heart in your throat, ignore everyone around you and just devour page after page and those are just some of the words I can use to describe this utterly brilliant psychological thriller. With concern mounting for Nina’s welfare, the team face a battle against the clock to look into historic events whilst feeling the pressure to keep Keely on side. Already my mind is crawling over what I can remember – and scrabbling for what I cannot – and I pray to God that I’m not responsible for this in some way, that there wasn’t something I could have done to prevent it.Today she is the author of seven novels, a Royal Literary Fund Lector, and a regular creative writing host at the Theakston Old Peculier Crime Writing Festival in Harrogate. My head feels submerged, as though I’m looking up through water, yet at the same time there’s a feeling of clarity that frightens me. While you don’t need to start with the first book, She Lies in Wai t, I would receommend doing so if you can.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment