276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ghost Eaters: A Novel

£8.795£17.59Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Chapman weaves hair-raising, goosebump-inducing horror through a sharp exploration of loss, addiction, and grim history. From where I’m standing, it looks like he takes flight for a moment, just a beanpole of a bat flapping his wings through the bruised purple sky.

The dialogue: Right from the first page I found it to be grating, and it just didn’t get better unfortunately.I feel like this would be a good Cronenburg-esq movie, but the book unfortunately was a miss for me. Regardless, I will continue to read Chapman's work, he's definitely got the goods to produce an exceptionally horrific tale, this one just didn't quite knock it out of the park for me. The idea of each of us being haunted and not being able to leave our own haunted houses was so relatable to me and I found so many levels of this book to be speaking to me. A ferryman brings a mysterious gift--a wine at once rare and familiar that brings the sailor back to a moment in Sumatra thirty years before.

There are some things that will keep you wondering and guessing—one particular thing that I kept writing predictions for in the margins and wanted to jump through the pages and yell it at Erin so she would see.The very last chapter, however…explains the entire point of the book to you although it’s very obvious. I loved it and honestly, if this didn’t have those few instances where things dragged on and got a bit boring, this could have been a perfect horror novel.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment