276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sigma - 56 mm-F/1.4 (C) AF DC DN lens, Fuji X-MOUNT mount mount

£42.995£85.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Sigma 56mm f1.4 DC DN is an excellent choice for your Fujifilm camera. It’s smaller, lighter and cheaper than the equivalent Fujifilm XF56mm F1.2 R WR. It’s a great alternative if you’re on a budget or not a hardcore Fujifilm fanboy. The Sigma 56mm f1.4 DC DN churns out sharp pictures, has a wide aperture and is a bargain compared to the Fujifilm XF56mm. Before we start, below are some pros and cons of the Sigma 56mm. You’ll notice the cons section is short – there isn’t much to complain about with this lens.

Stacey, shot on Sigma 56mm f1.4 Fujifilm Sigma 56mm f1.4 Fujifilm X Mount Sigma 56mm f1.4 Fujifilm X Mount Sigma 56mm f1.4 Fujifilm X Mount Sigma 56mm f1.4 Fujifilm X Mount FAQs What is the Sigma 56mm f1.4 lens for Fujifilm?The 56mm f1.4 also scored highly in term sod optical performance. The images it produces are superb, and in every way, I feel this lens compares very favorably with what Fujifilm offers. Like the 16mm and 30mm before it, the 56mm sports a bright f1.4 focal ratio which can achieve shallow depth-of-field effects, especially with its longer focal length. The dust and splash-proof design features a rubber sealing at the mount and the lens is supplied with a circular hood. The barrel measures 60mm in length, 67mm in maximum diameter, weighs 280g and employs a 55mm filter thread. The optical design uses 10 elements in six groups, has nine rounded aperture blades and a closest focusing distance of 50cm. There’s no optical stabilisation, but many of the bodies it’ll be mounted on feature body-based stabilisation of their own. Yes, that is the short answer to this. Although Sigma lenses aren’t as good as their Fujifilm counterparts, they are a good alternative when considering quality and features against the price. And to be fair to Sigma, the picture quality gap is so close you wouldn’t even notice. So, unless you’re a pixel peeper, don’t worry about the differences in quality. Is the Sigma 56mm f1.4 lens weather-sealed?

The 56mm f1.4 is the longest of the trio and gives you an equivalent focal length of 84mm, making it particularly ideal for portrait photography. If you’re a DX user, then the nearest you’ll get to this focal length from a proprietary prime lens is the Nikkor DX 24mm f/1.7 lens, or, you might instead use something like the Nikkor Z DX 50-250mm f/4.5-6.3 VR lens or the Nikkor Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR lens. Alternatively, you might consider mounting the Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 S lens, which would give you an equivalent of 75mm on your APS-C camera, but will cost you a little bit more, and is quite a lot larger than the Sigma 56mm lens. The other noticeable thing is the missing aperture ring. Fujifilm X Series cameras are known for their classic look and feel, and something I now really like about the Fujifilm lenses is the aperture rings. I rarely shoot in any mode other than aperture priority and almost always at the widest possible aperture.

Sigma 56mm f/1.4 DC DN C Build & Handling

Sigma did announce they would be making their APS-C mirrorless lens trio (16/30/56) for the Fujifilm X-mount at some stage in the future. I don’t know what politics are at play but it seems bizarre to me that they haven’t done so already, or don’t feel like they should be doing so with more haste. Especially after I read the other day that they have released those exact lenses for the L-mount. Which is a complete dead end for APS-C lenses. Absolutely bizarre.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment