276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Way Out: The Revolutionary, Scientifically Proven Approach to Heal Chronic Pain

£9.995£19.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

At long last, a successful treatment for chronic, disabling pain. The Way Out provides valuable information about the ailment of pain, and many helpful suggestions on how to heal.” Quite possibly the most important pain book ever written. The Way Out will be the answer for millions who live in constant agony. There is healing without drugs or dangerous surgeries, and The Way Out is the book to help you finally find healing. As a former chronic pain sufferer, I know firsthand how every area of your life will improve when you are finally out of constant pain. Read this book, you deserve it.” Desperate pain sufferers are told again and again that there is no cure for chronic pain. Alan Gordon, a psychotherapist and the founder of the Pain Psychology Center in Los Angeles, was in grad school when he started experiencing chronic pain and it completely derailed his life. He saw multiple doctors and received many diagnoses, but none of the medical treatments helped. Frustrated with conventional pain management, he developed Pain Reprocessing Therapy (PRT), a mind-body protocol that eliminated his own chronic pain and has transformed the lives of thousands of his patients.

With or without the help of a therapist. Some people, using techniques offered in the book, make gradual progress on their own. Others need more guidance. From professionals. If you're a hard case in need of a therapist trained in PRT, it will cost you, bringing not neuroplastic but REAL pain to your wallet, but that's the American way. Alan Gordon, head honcho at the Pain Psychology Center, wants you to know that it's not in your head, but it's your head that has to be treated. Your brain is going off like a false alarm, thinking it's protecting you when, in fact, it's hurting you. The brain, a lifelong learner, is in a loop and getting better and better at looping. So, yeah. Psychology. The brain. And you as Happy Warrior vs. your chronic, inexplicable pain. And movement. Gentle, gradual upgrading of movement (gentle yoga? qi gong? PT stretchbands?). And breathing exercises that CALM you while you're observing your pain like a wise one.Do you suffer from chronic pain? Have you had numerous tests, lab work, CT scans, MRIs, and doctors have said there is structurally nothing wrong with you? Does your pain consume your thoughts- when you feel a twinge of pain, do you obsess over whether or not it's going to get worse? Has it significantly impacted your quality of life to the point of disability? Then this book will absolutely change your life. Alan Gordon writes with compassion, empathy, and a deep understanding of living with pain. Finding relief from his own suffering prompted him to find freedom for others. Sharon Salzberg, author of Lovingkindness and Real Change Will it work for you (or some sufferer you know)? If you've tried everything, what are your alternatives? Apparently the science from fMRI images of the brain (before and after PRT) and studies at the University of Colorado Boulder say yes, in many cases, it *does* work. I am now meditating, doing yoga, and retraining my brain to stop obsessing over my pain and whether or not it's going to get worse. And............... it's working. I can't believe it. I am truly indebted to Alan Gordon, and I am sharing the amazing concept of pain reprocessing therapy with everyone I know who is suffering from similar chronic pain issues without a structural cause.

Why? Because your brain is the conductor of all body pain. When it's doing its job, it saves your life by telling you HOT! or OUCH! or RETREAT! And if you legitimately injure yourself, it cautions you to SLOW DOWN and take restorative action. I’ve found that almost everyone has the capacity to either eliminate or significantly reduce their symptoms; it’s just a matter of finding the right tools and learning how to use them. I hope that this recovery program might help you to find the tools that you need. Days of the ProgramAnd when I have an off day, I can just tell myself that it’s just a bump in the road. No need to panic. Know someone who suffers from chronic pain? The last thing you want to tell him is it's all in his head. Pain is real. And it's wherever you're feeling it.

When I tell you this book changed my life, I am not exaggerating. I read it over the course of 5 days, and my pain has consistently been at a level 1-2. I have been completely functional and barely bothered by my pain the past few days. It's hard to admit my pain is "all in my head" (which is a pun in more ways than one), and while I do believe I have migraine disease, I don't believe that every single day of my bizarre facial/head pain is migraine, I believe it is neuroplastic pain. To use a metaphor from the book, your job is to play Toto pulling the curtain on the Wizard of Oz. Chronic pain is the huge head, the bombastic noise, the jets of steam. Accepting that it's the confused and overprotective brain amounts to revealing that neuroplastic pain is really a little man pulling levers and pushing buttons, making you think he's something he's not.

Retailers:

It’s long been assumed that chronic pain is irreversible, but The Way Out introduces an approach that proves otherwise. I have seen the power of this treatment firsthand. Patients who suffered for years or even decades have made remarkable recoveries. The Way Out is quite simply the most effective treatment for chronic pain.” The parts that I liked were about The Process, as the author puts it. He shares some useful ideas about changing your thinking and other habits, especially toward reducing fear. Yes, fear and stress can cause pain, and/or can make it worse. There are some good, helpful ideas here.

The Way Out is a groundbreaking approach to the treatment of chronic pain that gives hope to those who were thought to be incurable. All chronic pain patients owe it to themselves to read this book.”A compelling journey and fascinating read. In The Way Out, Gordon and Ziv bring together serendipity and science, demonstrating the power of the mind, and how we all can harness our own brains for healing. Judson Brewer, MD, PhD, New York Times bestselling author of Unwinding Anxiety and The Craving Mind

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment