276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Soulstice: Deluxe Edition (PS5)

£22.495£44.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I’m sure there will be players out there that will master the mechanics and gameplay but that will be in spite of these issues, they’ll find methods to manage them or workarounds. It sours an experience that otherwise gets a lot of the fundamentals right. When the combat flows it feels great with a lot of options to utilise and it rewards clean play. It’s just the pacing issues and an awkward camera that stop this from mixing with the big boys. Performance focuses on frame rate, heavily tuning down shadow effects while cutting other persistent visuals down and offering a noticeably higher framerate that smooths out all animation hiccups for an experience that runs at 60 frames per second. Discover puzzles and secrets in diverse locations within a troubled city in ruins. A Tear in the Sky has opened above Ilden; as Briar and Lute get closer to it, their surroundings become more menacing and twisted. Explore a striking, fantasy-inspired world brimming with hidden mysteries, master a diverse combat system, and inhabit the dual forces of two sisters in a coming-of-age fantasy story with fast-paced action, vicious enemies, and spectacular boss fights.

Complete walkthrough for each level showing where all collectibles are located for 100% completion. Making waves for its sleek art-style and combat, Reply Game Studios’ Soulstice finally releases on September 20th for Xbox Series X/S, PS5, and PC. Despite launching in a busy month, it offers an intriguing story, deep mechanics and fun exploration to go with its fast-paced combat. I recently had the chance to play a preview build with the first 12 missions available so without further ado, let’s look at 14 things you should know before playing Soulstice. The Story is fairly decent. This game could be a Hidden Gem. I bought this at risk of the Developer & Publisher being fairly young in the Game Industry. I typically dont trust 'indie devs' in terms of delivering polished quality, or Publishers that just continuously spit out titles left and right (Maximum Games/Modus Games). Quality is always at stake with that type of business practice. However, the Developer's, Reply Game Studios, did produce an A-Budget title, with some issues that are critical and need to be patched out. I personally think these is something that shouldve been noticed in Alpha or Beta Testing stages. If they fix these, it would easily make Soulstice AA title.

Purchase Soulstice Deluxe Edition

Soulstice gets a lot right. The combat mechanics are fun, fluid, have a huge amount of depth to them and a high skill ceiling. Lute’s skills add to the combat and exploration as well as giving Briar someone to talk to. Less lengthy levels, with a focus on replaying them at higher difficulties, would have been more appealing to me as after one playthrough I feel burned out. A combat camera which gave the player all the information they need and enemy AI that were less likely to take advantage of those deficiencies would also elevate the experience massively.

The game ends on a note that its possibly a Trilogy. Which is pretty cool with how things ended up turning out. Plunge into a dark story of sisterly love heightened by stylish and sleek art inspired by Japanese dark fantasy classics. Balance oddly focuses more on the resolution side, meaning you can get nearly the full effect of the environment but keeps the framerate smooth during combat, though this mode doesn’t offer the dynamic shadows that Resolution mode offers and never reaches the 60 FPS that Performance mode does. The balance of the Holy Kingdom of Keidas is compromised when powerful, feral creatures known as “Wraiths” invade from the other side of the Veil, threatening to consume the living. Wraiths corrupt their victims and can even possess their bodies, turning into unstoppable monsters that prey upon the common folk. The “Chimeras”, hybrid warriors born of the union of two souls, are the only ones who can protect humankind.

More like this

This problem only gets worse as the game goes on, since mini bosses get added into the regular spawns of enemies as you get further into the game. These enemies don’t change much from their initial encounters and normally spawn alongside another enemy of the same caliber, accompanied with a large strike force of smaller enemies to form what would be epic battles if not for the stop-and-go combat. These problems are only made worse by the occasional camera snagging on the environment during combat and the abrupt difficulty spike during the last leg of the game. These add up to create constant exasperation as you play, where combat encounters become tedious and frustrating, and platforming goes from relaxed to demanding in the span of just a few levels. Soulstice review And you end up with Soulstice. For the best and for the worst. I completed it on the hardest available difficulty (Hard) on first playthrough. Explore a dark world brimming with hidden mysteries, master a diverse combat system, and inhabit the dual forces of two sisters in a coming-of-age dark fantasy story with fast-paced action, vicious enemies, and spectacular boss fights.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment