276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Pleasing Mr. Parker: A steamy grumpy boss romance (The Men Series - Interconnected Standalone Romances Book 5)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I tried my best. I really did. But I could not bring myself to read more than 33%. I literally dragged myself up there until I just couldn’t take it anymore. We spend the rest of lunch with our heads bowed together over the reports, discussing ingredient costs and new products that will work well with the signature fragrance blend I've made. It’s an essential oil blend that I want to add to the products at formulation stage, so that each product used in The Songbird holds the signature fragrance, which will be entirely exclusive. I did the same thing at my spa in Hope Cove. But where that scent was beachy and light, this one will be sultry and darker to fit the urban setting. It’s something Mr. Parker was extremely insistent upon me developing when I accepted the job. Now I understand why. If their previous signature formulations went missing, like Harley told me about, then he will want new ones, which his competitors can’t replicate. Good, thank you, Todd. Great, actually. It’s been a whirlwind first week, so I haven’t explored much yet. But I’m going to rectify that this weekend.” And of course, to Rosie, for bringing happiness and inspiration… and a load of bird poop to our little spot in the world. And you what? Strike up a conversation with them and see if they suggest taking it further?” I look at Harley, images of sleazy guys slipping off their wedding rings swirling in my mind.

Through their working relationship they recognize that there is a spark that is more from an instance attraction than just a mutual annoyance for each other. It was beautiful watching the two of these characters learn to love and trust again. Maria was an amazing FMC with a smart head on her shoulders and Griffin was the perfect mix of swoon and alphahole! The side characters held a fabulous chemistry with each other and often times gave some levity within more serious moments. You too.” She gives me a friendly smile. “Harley said you’ve just finished your first week at The Songbird. You’re working closely with Mr. Parker. How’s that going?” Suze takes one look at my frown before laughing. “Rather you than me. From what Harley tells me, he isn’t the easiest man.” She leans closer, close enough that I could see down that pink lace camisole if I were to lower my gaze. Bonus: the boss H was in a relationship with the last spa owner he hired, as well. So I guess he makes it a habit of screwing his employees. 👀🙄😐Ugh, thank God. I did not want to be the only one drinking tonight.” I exhale heavily as my eyes roam over the menu. Harley told me he has a penthouse in the building. I just didn’t expect to be given the one next door while I’m working here. I grab the TV remote and bring up the first music channel I find, turning the volume right up. My shoulders relax as P!nk starts to play, and I wander over to the window with a smile on my face as I lean against the frame. The twinkling lights of Manhattan spread as far as I can see. This is my home for the next six months. An all-expenses paid apartment in the private residences of The Songbird, New York’s most prestigious hotel, while I manage their newly renovated spa. After that? Who knows? I guess, it depends on how these next six months go.

Then she says, “There’s nothing in his eyes. No flash of recognition when he looks at me… it had meant nothing.” I’m sorry, are we missing something here? Are we going to pretend YOU DIDNT RUN OUT ON HIM? My god, for a woman who’s supposed to be so smart, she’s such an idiot. Right, we’ll leave you to it.” Harley cuts in, steering me out of the room and closing the door behind us before I can object any further. She waits until we’re at the end of the hallway before she turns to me. “Oh, my god.” He was my best friend, capturing those precious summers together at the lake with his beloved camera. Convenient,” Maria clips, her eyes assessing my casual position as she sits up straight, her hands clasped in her lap. The corners of her red glossy lips turn down before she takes a breath. “If you don’t trust me to take meetings alone and run the spa myself, then why did you approach me when I was in LA?”I can’t help my gaze dropping to the exposed skin and hint of pink lace camisole visible by the top button of her shirt. It tilts its head side to side, then turns and lifts its tail, dropping another shit from its feathered ass onto the carpet as I jump to the side. My apologies if we disturbed you,” I offer with my best business-like smile as his large, warm hand envelops mine. It’s another thing I noticed about him when we first met. His hands are huge. Strong and masculine, with long fingers and clean, neat nails. I always admire a man’s hands. They can tell you a lot about someone. My ex, for example, always had dirty nails. I hated that he didn’t care enough to wash them properly. It’s not like he even worked outside or in a job where they got dirty every day. He had no reason for it, except downright laziness. Why did he emphasize the words working lunch? Like I would ever use the company card for anything non-business related. Is that what he was suggesting? That must be what this weird feeling in my stomach is—anger at his insinuation. Only, I think he meant it sincerely. And if he did, then that spark is something else entirely. Because him being concerned that I may use my own money when I shouldn’t have to means something to me.

I turn and am pulled into Maria’s hazel gaze. She gives me a small smile, seeming unfazed by our interaction outside her apartment a mere ten minutes ago. Look. This is what the grower in The Bahamas is charging our supplier for coconut sugar. Over double what I expected to see from last year’s prices with the same grower.” Goodreads Librarians are volunteers who help ensure the accuracy of information about books and authors in the Goodreads' catalog. The Goodreads Libra Goodreads Librarians are volunteers who help ensure the accuracy of information about books and authors in the Goodreads' catalog. The Goodreads Librarians Group is the official group for requesting additions or updates to the catalog, including:Of course not.” I smile in the way I’ve been told makes me look charming, but Maria has already turned away. What exactly were you up to last night, anyway?” I ask, casting my eyes around the apartment, expecting to see his guitar, or another source of the noise Maria referred to. Has Harley given you a tour yet? I’m sorry I can’t do it myself, but I have a meeting this morning, which couldn’t be rescheduled.” He clears his throat and looks at Harley. A small frown passes Emily’s lips. It’s no secret that she’s always had a tense relationship with her father, Owen, my dad’s best friend. Too many drinks once at one of many family get-togethers, and he announced to the room how he had never been blessed with a son. I think life as an only child was lonely for her. She lived for all the holidays our families used to take together so she could hang out with me and my two brothers.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment