276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mary Poppins Comes Back

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

At the film's star-studded premiere, she reportedly approached Disney and told him that the animated sequence had to go. A few faint spots at edges of covers ; B/w drawings throughout, DJ Near Fine but for scuffs at folds.

And, for the record, if you didn't like the way Mary Poppins was portrayed in the first book, you won't like her any more in this book. For all ebook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing HarperCollins username and password. It is not included in promotions available to our main range products, as stated in our terms of service. Her father died when she was seven, and although "epileptic seizure delirium" was given as the cause of death, Travers herself "always believed the underlying cause was sustained, heavy drinking".Boards have minor corner bumping and edgewear with mild water staining, tanning and scuffing overall. t was one of those mornings when everything looks very neat and bright and shiny, as though the world had been tidied up overnight. She is able to snap off her own fingers, and they instantly turn to barley sugar or other sweets, while her own fingers grow back.

I especially loved the part about Annabel, the youngest child's first week of life, they way she could remember the time before she was born but how she would lose this memory within a week. Her presence would be a lot more formidable if Mary Poppins provided more of a contrast, but instead she's just another brand of unpleasant, and Mary Poppins only dismisses her (in the way only Mary Poppins can) because Miss Andrew offends her.L. Travers wrote the Mary Poppins novels as a form of atonement for her inability as a child to save her own father from his own flaws. Remarkables REMARKABLES Intriguing, stunning, or otherwise remarkable books These include fine editions, foreign publications exceptional for their interest or production, special editions and some first-rate books from very small publishers.

He is a triplet, and his two brothers Herbert and Albert are also policeman, although according to him, they are completely different in personality. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Brill and Ellen (played by Reta Shaw and Hermione Baddeley, respectively), but not Robertson Ay; the musical includes Mrs.I first read Mary Poppins when I was a kid, and I remembered her as vain and cross, but I was surprised to see just how vain and cross she really was - barely if ever seeming to smile or have a good word for anyone - yet always loved. It might feel vaguely formulaic to those who read the first book, as it follows similar "categories" (an uppity woman, Mary Poppins' night out, visiting a relative, the Bad Day, the starling, telling a story, etc), but it is a good kind of familiar: these new adventures are just as captivating. Mary Poppins is a strict nanny, but the children love her because she is there and free of whimsy and inattention when it comes to their care. It's always upsetting when one of your favourite books as a kid gets ruined by some small philosophical/moral/ethical detail (does this happen to everyone?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment