276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Razer Abyssus Essential: True 7,200 Dpi Optical Sensor - 3 Hyperesponse Buttons - Powered By Razer Chroma - Ambidextrous Ergonomic Gaming Mouse

£24.995£49.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Still, some upsides balance out the cons. You just won't find very many lefty-friendly RGB gaming mice out there, period, and none derives from a company as reputable as Razer. Other non-RGB ambidextrous gaming mice exist, of course. The Logitech G203 Prodigy comes first to mind, and a little searching uncovers the Asus Cerberus and BenQ Zowie FK2, among others. Alas, some of these ambidextrous mice are not quite symmetrical, in the way the Abyssus Essential is; some have buttons on only one side; and still others bear a shape that favors right-handed players, even if they are marketed to lefties too. As a result, lefties might look on this truly egalitarian Razer model with special favor. And despite the current incompatibility quirks with legacy Razer gear, Synapse 3 is robust and easier to use than the Corsair Utility Engine or Logitech Gaming Software. So that works in its favor, too. On the Lighting tab, you can set the mouse’s lighting and do so individually for the scroll wheel and the logo. Most budget mice have only a single zone of lighting. Most budget mice feature RGB lighting and a rainbow of color choices, but the Abyssus V2 gives you a limited selection of only three colors: green, teal, and royal blue. This is pretty limited, and I'd much rather have the full color spectrum at my disposal than just three colors, two of which are shades of blue. wheel button and rotating it simultaneously which gives a clean look to mouse instead of adding a dedicated DPI adjustment button to it. In my Razer Basilisk review, I noted that Razer's Synapse 3 software needs some work in one key area. Granted, it's still in beta at the moment of this review, and it's bound to see improvements upon its official release, expected in June. But, as it stands at this writing, Synapse 3 remains incompatible with many other Razer products. If, say, you want to use the Abyssus Essential with an older Razer keyboard, you'll need to install a previous version of Synapse, too.

What escalates the cost of the Razer Abyssus is the RGB lighting. If you can do without it, the Logitech G Pro is your better option. And if inexpensive RGB is dear to your heart, the Corsair Sabre RGB is another unit to look at. It is rated for up to 10,000dpi sensitivity and bears the same 16.8 million color palette. The one caveat is that the Sabre isn't an ambidextrous design; its wide grip reminds me of the original Xbox "Duke" controller, good for gamers with large hands but clunky for others.Since the Abyssus has the same optical infrared sensor as the DeathAdder 3G you get a mouse capable of 3500 DPI at a polling rate of 1000 Hz. What is important about this sensor is that it has very limited prediction and works well on just about any gaming grade mouse mat out there.

Measuring 1.46 by 2.48 by 4.51 inches (HWD) and weighing 2.72 ounces, the Abyssus Essential is compact and light. It's a suitable size for smaller hands, and the straight lines that define the right and left sides keep your index and middle fingers flat on the mouse, rather than arching them over a curve.The first thing you’ll notice about the Razer Abyssus Essential gaming mouse is how normal it looks. Razer is famed for its series of bright, positively extravagant products that will immediately catch the attention of gamers. By comparison, the Abyssus is the shy kid too scared to ask for a dance at the school disco. The Razer Abyssus V2 works right out of the box just fine, but it’s worth your while to install the free Razer Synapse software. With it, you can customize the mouse’s buttons, DPI settings, and lighting. On the Customize tab, you can not only reprogram the mouse’s four buttons but you can also customize the function of scroll up and scroll down on the wheel, which is not usually customizable for any mouse, much less one that is a budget model. You can also set up different profiles, but the mouse doesn’t have any onboard memory so you can’t take them with you.

While its own display of RGB is comparatively underwhelming compared to Razer’s other products, it still find a comfortable place in the Chroma ecosystem.The standout feature of the Abyssus V2 are what Razer calls “in-mould rubber side grips.” The textured rubber surface on either side of the mouse provides the best grip I've ever experienced on a budget gaming mouse. In addition to providing a stellar, grippy surface, the side grips are also designed so that there’s a slight indentation that makes for a natural landing spot for your thumb on one side and your fingers on the other. Most ambidextrous mouse are fairly shapeless, but not so with Abyssus V2. It provides comfortable ergonomics with its shape and surface materials. There really isn’t much to the Razer Abyssus Essential. For once, what you see is what you get. With only three buttons on the body, don’t expect any bespoke customisation of dynamic DPI switching, unless you dive into Razer Synapse for a few minutes. Also on the Performance tab, you can set the rate of acceleration for the mouse as well as its polling rate. (A higher polling rate means the mouse reports its position to the PC more frequently, making the mouse feel more responsive.) The default polling rate is 1,000Hz but you can lower it to 500Hz or 125Hz. I played with the acceleration and polling rate settings but couldn’t not discern much of a difference, if any, no matter what what settings I selected. Perhaps eSports athletes on a budget would make use of these settings on the Abyssus V2, however, since they're usually more discerning. Technical Specs Sensor, lift of distance and rest of the specifications for the Razer Abyssus Essential mouse. Sensor Type

Since 1982, PCMag has tested and rated thousands of products to help you make better buying decisions. See how we test. All the Lights, a Lower Price The Performance column lets you select the sensitivity level, ranging from 800dpi to 7,200dpi. From there, you can change the polling rate to 125Hz, 500Hz, or 1,000Hz. (Most users should just leave it at 1,000Hz.) That isn’t to say it’s bad; this a nifty little gaming mouse with the benefit of being ambidextrous. But if your wallet has room and you want a competitive edge, perhaps aim for something higher. Verdict You can find the second highlight on the underside of the Abyssus, snaking around the bottom so a myriad of colours can be seen illuminating your desk. This results in some cool effects, enhanced further once I made the effort to customise it with Razer Chroma.This is my first gaming mouse and It's amazing. By default, you get a breathing led effect with good brightness. But I would say the mouse is incomplete without the Razer Synapse software, using which we can Under Lighting, you can choose among Breathing, Reactive, Spectrum Cycling, and Static presets, or you can switch off the lighting to save power. If that isn't comprehensive enough, the Advanced Effects tab is where you will find Chroma Studio, but since the Abyssus has only a single lighting zone, everything you do here will apply across the whole mouse. You get a handful of Chroma Studio-exclusive effects (Fire, Ripple, Starlight, Wave), in addition to the option to layer effects atop each other, but that's the extent of the appeal here. The Advanced Effects can get only so advanced on a gaming mouse this basic. The Cost of Millions of Colors

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment