276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Singleton Malt Master Selection | Single Malt Scotch Whisky | 40% Vol | 70cl | Speyside Single Malt Whisky Matured In 3 Cask Types

£28.125£56.25Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This was highlighted recently on Dramface when we found out Glendronach had removed ‘non-chill filtered’ from their labelling, but actually, nothing had changed in their filtration methods. You hereby represent and warrant that you are authorized to make any Contributions, that your Contributions and the use by us will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party. These cookies are needed for essential functions such as signing in, storing products in your trolley and making payments. Regardless of whether the Service offers the functionality to contribute, you are solely responsible and liable for any content and information that you create, upload, post, publish, link to, duplicate, transmit, record, display or otherwise make available on the Service or to other Members, such as chat messages, text messages, videos, audio, audio recordings, music, pictures, photographs, text and any other information or materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted (“Contributions”). Disputes that cannot be settled over multiple drams of whisky shall be solely submitted to the court of Amsterdam, The Netherlands unless mandatory applicable law provides otherwise.

He has developed award-winning ranges of single malts and blends, but also introduced the technique of "finishing" single malt in the 1980s. Perfectly rich, balanced and smooth, the unmistakable taste of The Singleton comes from a unique selection of European Oak casks that bring rich fruit aromas and American Oak casks that release honeyed hints of vanilla. The Singleton of Dufftown has an aroma of toasted nuts with rich fruits, with hints of blackcurrant, brown sugar and coffee on the palate – before an elegantly drying and crisp finish. If it’s being added and we are putting it into our bodies, why should we not be told about it on the label?If you believe that your personal data has been misused, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. Your continued use of the Service after any such changes or updates take effect will constitute acknowledgement and (as applicable) acceptance of those changes or updates. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. I think that type of science degree is probably a good way in, but when it comes to nosing you just have to learn over many years. The inclusion of ingredients and nutritional information on alcohol has been debated on a number of occasions in the UK parliament, but change doesn’t appear to be forthcoming.

It took me 12 years to master it to the point where I could prepare blends, but it was quite difficult – I'd never tasted whisky at the age of 19 or 20. Fruity red jammy notes, salted toffee apple and vanilla, with both polished dark wood and polished leather shoes. You can wait two years to see how something turns out only to find it hasn't improved the whisky and you have to start all over again with something else. A perfect introduction for those who are new to single malts, as well as a treat for experienced whisky drinkers.By using the Service, and by creating an account you represent, warrant and confirm that you are of legal age.

We may sell, license, transfer, assign or in any other way dispose of the Service (including Members) to any third party without any notification to you, e. A scientist by training, Brian joined us in 1997 as a whisky chemist where it quickly became apparent that he had a ‘good nose’.Any new functionalities, tools and features shall be part of and governed by the Terms from the moment they are launched and/or available. I always assume a tired refill cask that probably needs more time for the whisky to mature, otherwise why would there be a need for the secrecy? In our early years, the water from Jock’s Well, an artesian spring upstream, had been diverted to rivals at night a number of times. On removing the remaining extremely poor quality cork stuck in the bottle it crumbled and pieces fell into the whisky bottle contaminating the whisky.

Knowing the ingredients and any potential contamination in a product should be a given in my opinion along with nutritional information, which is even more prevalent in other alcoholic drinks which can be loaded with sugars. Perhaps it is more spirit character here, but I found myself liking this expression better with a view to re-acquainting myself with the 12yo again for comparison. It must be noted that some distillers and bottlers do choose to put nutritional information on their labels voluntarily, which is something I notice anCnoc are doing on both the external packaging and the bottle label.Based in Livingston, Scotland I do most of my dramming at the University of Edinburgh Water of Life Society and Scotch Malt Whisky Society.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment