276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Banshees of Inisherin

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Irishry is extreme, not much offset by the suggestion that Pádraic and Colm’s differences are a microcosm of those tearing the mainland apart. Such terminal Irishry, in fact, is perhaps only possible among the diaspora (McDonagh is a Londoner) but, as we all know from the extraordinary strength of Irish fiction, it’s a world that enables storytelling like nowhere else. This brilliantly nasty fairy tale knows its place.

Joy Behar Calls On Will Smith To "Get In The Ring" With Jada Pinkett Smith On 'The View': "He Sits There And Takes It" In April 2023, Screen Rant ranked the film fourth on "The 10 Best Movies of the 2020s (So Far)", calling it "one of the great movies that can break the audience's heart while still making them laugh". [21] In September 2023, Collider ranked it fourth on its list of "The 20 Best Drama Movies of the 2020s So Far", calling it "one of the greatest 'breakup' movies ever made" and adding that "in a decade where he has already given some great performances, Farrell does his best work ever; Pádraic's idealism fades as he realizes that there's no reward for being nice". [22]Ehrlich, David (5 September 2022). " 'The Banshees of Inisherin' Review: Martin McDonagh's Wry Tragicomedy is His Best Film Since 'In Bruges' ". IndieWire . Retrieved 10 October 2022. Taylor Ann Green Confesses That She "Initiated" Kiss With Austen Kroll On 'Southern Charm': "I Caught Him Off Guard" Wong, Charmaine (11 July 2023). "You can now have a pint in the 'Banshees of Inisherin' pub". Time Out . Retrieved 25 October 2023. de Paor, Blathin; Surve, Aakanksha (29 January 2023). " 'The Banshees of Inisherin' cast 'may have taken large pay cut' for Oscar nominated film". Dublin Live . Retrieved 5 February 2023.

Brendan Gleeson and Colin Farrell in The Banshees of Inisherin (Image credit: Jonathan Hession/20th Century Studios) Colm Doherty: If you don't stop talkin' to me, and if you don't stop botherin' me, or sendin' your sister or your priest to bother me... Pádraic Súilleabháin: I didn't send me sister to bother you, did I? She has her own mind. Although, I did send the priest though, you have me there. Colm Doherty: What I've decided to do is this. I have a set of shears at home. And each time you bother me from this day on, I'll take those shears and I'll take one of me fingers off with them. And I'll give that finger to ya. A finger from me left hand. Me fiddle hand. And each day you bother me more, another I'll take off and I'll give ya until you see sense enough to stop. Or until I have no fingers left. Does this make things clearer to ya? Pádraic Súilleabháin: Not really, no. Colm Doherty: Because I don't want to hurt your feelings, Padraic. I don't, like. But it feels like the drastic is the only option left open to me. Pádraic Súilleabháin: You've loads of options left open to ya. How's fingers the first port of call? Colm Doherty: Please, don't talk to me no more, Padraic. Please. I'm begging you. Pádraic Súilleabháin: But... Jonjo Devine: Shush, like, Padraic. Just, you know, shush, like. Gerry: Yeah, I'd shush, like. Pádraic Súilleabháin: I will shush. Except me and me sister were thinking, you might just be a bit depressed, Colm. And I tell you this much, fingers just confirms it. Don't you think, Colm? Colm Doherty: Starting from now. Hanson, Mark (15 September 2022). " The Banshees of Inisherin Review: A Tragicomic Look at Loneliness". Slant Magazine . Retrieved 30 January 2023. Davis, Clayton; Moreau, Jordan (11 January 2023). "SAG Awards 2023 Nominations: 'Banshees' and 'Everything Everywhere' Tie for Most Nods in History". Variety . Retrieved 25 January 2023.Because just across the way, across the water from Inisherin, there are explosions visible on the coast. The characters remark upon them occasionally, musing on the fighting that’s happening over there, a conflict they hope and believe will be over soon. No matter — it doesn’t touch them here on the island, where it’s Colm and Pádraic’s break that occupies everyone’s attention.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment