276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lovestruck: The most fun rom com of 2023 – get ready for romance with a twist!

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It reminded me somewhat of What Might Have Been by Holly Miller, with the parallel lives, but I didn't think it worked quite so well in this case. The rights to Laura's international bestseller Our Stop have been sold for television, and her books have been translated into languages all over the world. I love Laura’s writing and this felt more confident and assured than her previous books and reminded me of Lindsey Kelk with the humorous elements woven in beautifully. Lovestruck is definitely one to read for fans of romance and romcom books, and I’m glad it was my first foray into Laura Jane Williams’s writing. Lovestruck overall is an easy read if you stick with it and get past the first few chapters which feel quite boring and don't really add anything to the story.

Lovestruck - DKW Literary Agency

But no matter the universe/timeline, she ends up with the same guy that I was rooting for her to end up with all along.I wasn’t sure on this at first, but when I began to see where it was going, I ended up really enjoying it! It is an epic tale of family, secrets, loss, marriage, betrayal, friendships, laughter, and regrets. Hearst UK is the trading name of the National Magazine Company Ltd, 30 Panton Street, Leicester Square, London, SW1Y 4AJ.

Lovestruck — Laura Jane Williams

With great characters and thrilling plot twists, this book will keep you guessing right up until the very end! What follows is a masterclass in storytelling as we see how Becca’s life would be different if she answered the text or chose to ignore it. I thought the characters were great and loved Beccas relationship with Jia-Li and Carlos and found the characters very relatable. Deciding to reply or not only takes a second, but it's a decision that will change the course of Becca's future. I read it when I was twenty years old and trying to find my place in the world, just like the characters are – even the middle-aged ones.

The book starts off with Becca, and best friends Carlos and Jia Li, throwing a manifestation party at their salon Trim in honour of summer solstice.

Lovestruck - Penguin Books UK

The switching between events was a little too much, I couldn’t keep up with what was happening when and with who with the two different narratives. It’s reminiscent of Sliding Doors — two choices and two timelines — but it’s all it’s own story, and it’s a pretty clever one at that.I really enjoyed this one, there’s just something about this author that draws me in and makes me all cozy while I read their books. I always think about what would happen if you made one little decision differently, and this book is the answer. Lovestruck is a Sliding Doors-esque story following two different paths that Becca’s love life can take…. Throughout both storylines, we get to watch Becca grow as a character, which makes us root for her even more!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment