276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Motorbike Helmet motorcycle helmet front up Full Face Flip Up Helmet Motorcycle helmet Modular helmet for Motorcycle Scooter Moped ECE Certified

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Schuberth C3 Pro is a helmet that has been around since 2014, when it replaced the original C3. It might therefore seem a little strange that we should now be reviewing the helmet so many years after it was first released. But we have never formally reviewed the C3 Pro on its own, and it is still a very fine helmet, so better late perhaps than never. And finally, the Shoei X-SPR Pro is made in four shell sizes. That’s a good number and it means you’re not going to be wearing a helmet shell that’s miles too big or too small and means the helmet you buy will be optimised for you in terms of fit, comfort and safety. Adhesive mounts can be flat or curved. The type of mount you should choose depends on the position you want to place it on the helmet, as well as the type of surface you’re placing them into. Just to be safe, when buying a mount, just get one of each so you don’t have any major problems. And the final icing on the certification cake is that it also conforms to the latest European ECE 22.06 standards. As is the case with other intercoms, the FM radios are fine when they have a connection, but they soon lose it.

Unfortunately, clear and easy to use as the C4 Pro visor is, it also has a really annoying flaw that’s been carried over from the C4; at speeds of about 65mph and over, it just won’t stay open. On a bike with a large screen it’ll be alright if it’s out of the air flow, but with anything else it’ll slam shut. Naked bike riders wouldn’t ride with it fully open at these speeds, but touring machine owners with screens that still direct the wind to the top of the lid will likely find it as irritating as me. There’s no such issue with the Shoei, and if you like to ride with the sunshield down and the main visor up for a cooling blast of air, the Schuberth just can’t handle it.Kitted out with the intercom system, the Shoei Neotec II weighs 1736g, while the C4 Pro is 1695g (the C4 Pro Carbon is just 1491g without the intercom). Note: not all Momentums are ECE certified – so at the time of writing, you can only buy the Lite, Momentum and Evo in the UK/Eu. Sound weird? Well, ask yourself how many times you’ve thought about your helmet while you’re riding - and then ask how often that thought has been positive.

This type of mount is recommended if you want a more practical attachment/detachment process when fixing the camera to your helmet. With this mount, you’re going to velcro-strap the camera to the helmet. DOT is an American standard with testing carried out by the manufacturer. DOT helmets can transfer a lot more energy to the wearer’s head in a crash than an ECE lid can. Again, ventilation seems to be improved in the newer Momentum Evo helmet which has a redesigned shell, ventilation system and liner inside. Visor (more about visors) While there don’t appear to be any exhaust vents on the rear of the Schuberth C4 Pro, the ventilation is still excellent, with a clear difference between the top vents being closed, open halfway and fully open. The Shoei is also very good, though the slider on the top, while larger than the Shoei, can be a bit stiff in use.I don’t suppose it matters massively who makes them as long as they conform to standards and perform well. And it certainly makes sense for Sena to get into the helmet business to make sure their bluetooth tech is thoroughly and well integrated. However, that are some things that can get you in trouble with the law when riding with a GoPro attached to your helmet, such as: Shoei ex-zero | This visor-less retro-styled full-face lid is dearer than the AGV, but it does include a drop-down sun-shield. It’s a close-call between this and the AGV X101 for styling, but judge it on fit and whether you want a sun-shield. I loved wearing this on the Ducati Diavel launch.

Both helmets take spectacles fine, the frames of mine not being distorted or causing the bridge to lift off my nose, but another surprise with the Schuberth was that I had to go up from my usual medium to a large. In the Momentum Lite, you’ll get Sena’s bargain basement 10 Series bluetooth. That’s a bluetooth 4.1 intercom with a 1 mile range (in perfect conditions) that’ll connect up to 4 riders. The Schuberth isn’t legal for use open while riding, though that doesn’t stop most people (myself included, as well as emergency services when they had the previous Shoei Neotec, which wasn’t dual-homologated). While the C4 Pro’s chin bar latches up pretty firmly, you need to be aware that if it does drop, it often stops just across your eyeline, so be cautious.A poorly fitting helmet may not only be uncomfortable, more noisy and may move around when riding if too big or give headaches etc if it is too small, it is also dangerous. A helmet simply will not protect or perform as designed if the head inside it is not snuggly fitted against the impact absorbing material inside the shell.

And it’s got Shoei’s excellent 5 year warranty (or 7 years from manufacturing date). Overall/Summary he C3 Pro, by contrast, is very much a sports-touring helmet, aimed at those who ride in an upright position. It is a well proven helmet. It is perhaps the best-selling, flip-lid helmet of all time. It has been a favourite of Police forces up and down the country for many years, and is still the go-to helmet for many long-distance commuters and world travellers.

Motorcycle Jackets

All Momentum helmets come with a chin curtain to reduce the amount of air/noise getting into the helmet from below, and breath guard to help reduce fogging on the visor.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment