276°
Posted 20 hours ago

What the Ladybird Heard

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This humorous, rhyming tale is the story of a silent ladybird, living amongst a noisy cohort of farm animals. There would be lots of opportunities for prediction to happen throughout the story and many links could be made across the curriculum, for example, map reading in maths or geography. But when burglars plot to steal the farmer's fine prize cow, it's the quiet ladybird who comes up with the perfect way to stop their dastardly plan! Some children may not be great readers, but the use of the onomatopoeia means that those children can still be part of the reading and can enjoy the story even though they can't read it very well themselves. Packed with fun activities that will keep kids entertained on a rainy day, this sticker and activity book is based on the bestselling story by Julia Donaldson and Lydia Monks.

What the Ladybird Heard Series by Julia Donaldson - Goodreads What the Ladybird Heard Series by Julia Donaldson - Goodreads

My son absolutely loves this story, especially when I get him to make all the different animal sounds and leave him to fill in the blanks (as he knows the story word for word!Not only do my three nieces love this fun and imaginative book but also my 11 month old daughter loves looking at the colourful pictures.

What The Ladybird Heard - Teaching Ideas What The Ladybird Heard - Teaching Ideas

This book even carries an underlying message that a small voice can be very powerful, and it's all wrapped up in a entertaining package.

Donaldson also makes use of alliteration, ‘a hairy hog, a handsome horse and a dainty dog’, throughout this story. It would also be a good book to have in the book corner, as the illustrations and rhymes make it easily accessible. Ideal for an end-of-term performance or class assembly for children in Upper Key Stage One or Lower Key Stage Two, this book includes everything you need to put on a show at home, school or a theatre group.

What the Ladybird Heard Series by Julia Donaldson - Goodreads

I love watching her turning the pages and 'reading' out loud to herself - can't wait til I can understand what she is saying! Repetition is also present providing many opportunities for the children to join in and take part in the telling of the story. Hefty Hugh and Lanky Len are two crafty robbers with a cunning plan to steal the farmer's fine prize cow.With bright, bold illustrations and fun rhyming stories, the What the Ladybird Heard books by Julia Donaldson and Lydia Monks are perfect for children of all ages. The clear, full-colour instructions and templates have everything you and your little one need to make the characters from What the Ladybird Heard, including a ladybird dress-up outfit and a farmyard play set.

What the Ladybug Heard by Julia Donaldson | Goodreads What the Ladybug Heard by Julia Donaldson | Goodreads

I like the way it captures children's interest whilst also conveying an important lesson of listening and observing - the quietest of all saves the day and you don't always have to be the loudest to be heard! But when burglars plot to steal the farmer’s fine prize cow, it’s the quiet ladybird who comes up with the perfect way to stop their dastardly plan!Julia Donaldson has a gift for writing stories to keep toddlers enthralled, with wit and wisdom and heart. Starring the little ladybird, her cast of curious critters and dastardly crooks Hefty Hugh and Lanky Len, this play has been designed for children to learn and perform. The ladybird is very quiet usually watching and listening but whispers in each animals ear a plan to trick the thieves and save the cow. A firm favourite with many young readers (3+) this rhyming adventure story tells the tale of a tiny Ladybird who saves the day with the help of her farmyard friend. We work separately - he’s in London and I’m in Glasgow - but he sends me letters with lovely funny pictures on the envelopes.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment