276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bilt Hamber Dynax UB Firm Film Anti-Corrosion Wax - 750ml aerosol

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Next day, was the turn of the silicone spray, obviously taking care to avoid discs or places that could contaminate discs from run off etc. I also sprayed the insides of the alloys, the plastic liners, and various underbody bits including bolt heads etc. ( but NOT wheel bolts). Also plastic front grillwork and engine compartment plastic bits. Wiping to polish and remove excess, you soon feel how slippy the surfaces becomes We run older cars, we buy as well looked after as possible when the right car comes along, then because of the UK's salt fetish some serious rustproofing gets done then we run them as long as possible.

https://cdn.opieoils.co.uk/images/variants/icon/bilthamber/bilt-hamber-dynax-ub-non-aerosol-5-litres-4.jpg

Dynax-S50 is also able to arrest existing corrosion and provide long-term protection to both heavily corroded and corrosion-free surfaces. After solvent washing the panel fronts any remaining waxy film is removed, allowing inspection of the underlying surface. Assessment of the product performance is then easy. These standardised test panels have been removed from an ASTM B-117 hot salt spray trial after an extremely aggressive 2000 hours – the rear of the panels show that the steel left unprotected is almost corroded through. Dynax UB is a flexible, waxy brush applied underbody coating, designed to complement Dynax S-50 cavity wax. It has been formulated, blended and manufactured by us and has been almost 3 years in development. Dynax UB when dry, has the consistency and feel of soft rubber, but is intelligently formulated to expand and contract and as such, is perfect for use on cars which get put away in garages at the end of the day or are used all year long.

Bilt Hamber Dynax-UB is a high-performance anti-corrosion wax that provides exceptionally long-lasting protection to car underbodies & steel surfaces. Dynax-S50 has been proven to substantially outperform competitors cavity waxes in salt-spray trials under conditions of ASTM B117. Here are the results: The 3 year UK change isn't just for image/status, the massive shift to Diesel has in recent years caused huge expense to many owners after warranty (not long after for some) due to poor design, possibly combined with use the designs can't cope with...the howler in all this is that somehow the buyers are being at least partly blamed (by other buyers as well hows that for successful propaganda) for not using the vehicles ''correctly''...when it's poor designs and implimentation of unrealistic emission targets that is the problem, not helped by buyers falling for the frankly idiotic long life service regimes. When I bought the fabia estate to add to our fleet, it was still summer. I decided to strip off the alloy wheels to paint the rear drums, and then in a fit of OCD decided to go a lot further. As the suspension was still factory fresh, I could see the welds were poorly painted and generally everything very thinly coated. The exhaust rear box was already rust stained. As I know from experience, all vag cars rapidly end up with shabby rusty suspension and brake work, not covered under warranty. The product is made without any water displacing solvent, this is intentional so that early water resistance is made on exterior surfaces. However if there is any moisture left - (this time of year with atmospheric water and colder panels water can remain on surfaces for hours) the product cannot adhere properly and will form a wax skin effectively floating over the moisture. Any traces of surfactant left from Surfex would’ve allowed the water to become very lubricious too so the film would sort of move.The product is made without any water displacing solvent, this is intentional so that early water resistance is made on exterior surfaces. However if there is any moisture left - (this time of year with atmospheric water and colder panels water can remain on surfaces for hours) the product cannot adhere properly and will form a wax skin effectively floating over the moisture. Any traces of surfactant left from Surfex would've allowed the water to become very lubricious too so the film would sort of move. dynax-UB contains elastic polymers that create a tougher wax coating that is more resistant to abrasion than normal wax coatings – this property enables this wax to protect vehicle undersides for prolonged periods. The final picture in the series below shows Dynax-S50 protected metal is still in exceptional condition. https://cdn.opieoils.co.uk/images/variants/large/bilthamber/bilt-hamber-dynax-ub-non-aerosol-5-litres-3.jpg

https://cdn.opieoils.co.uk/images/variants/medium/bilthamber/bilt-hamber-dynax-ub-non-aerosol-5-litres-4.jpg https://cdn.opieoils.co.uk/images/variants/medium/bilthamber/bilt-hamber-dynax-ub-non-aerosol-5-litres-3.jpg I'd also suggest getting the arch covers off for a look behind. I took off my rear ones and there was a ton of caked on mud, but fortunately no rust. You can also see where the fuel filler pipe runs from there, which has also had rust issues on some cars, so you can give that a spray of rust proofing too. As you can see from the salt-spray test demonstration, Dynax-S50 clearly outperforms other highly rated cavity waxes. Infact, after much testing Dynax-S50 was presented with the best cavity wax accolade from University of Hertfordshire – School of Engineering and Technology.The graphic below shows Dynax-S500 treated on half a metal panel after 2084 hours in the salt spray chamber. We competed with six other rated cavity waxes in this extensive test, including brands such as Robuster, Hammerite and Mike Sanders. Well I'm not really any clearer to be honest. Some saying to avoid Epoxy Mastic like the plague and others (including Mr. Hamber himself) saying use it...https://cdn.opieoils.co.uk/images/variants/icon/bilthamber/bilt-hamber-dynax-ub-non-aerosol-1-litre-2.jpg

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment