276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Beatles Anthology [DVD] [1995] [2003]

£18.975£37.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In the Mood" (Manone, arr. Garland) — Performed by the Glenn Miller Orchestra; played during the rapid-fire montage of photographs of each member. Excerpts from the Royal Command Performance at the Prince of Wales Theatre on 4 November 1963, broadcast on TV and radio on Sunday 10 November 1963. Footage from the television program Not Only... But Also, where John Lennon reads The Wrestling Dog from his book In His Own Write.

The Beatles Anthology | The Beatles

George: "Not an idol but we heard his record; we'd listen to his album. It really gave us a buzz and we played it over and over again.... I think it was Freewheelin'." Footage showing Ringo Starr hanging around with John Lennon in Spain during the shooting of How I Won the War. While My Guitar Gently Weeps ( Harrison) – Demo acoustic version (25 July 1968) — Played while showing the 'Credits'. Part 1 of the series drew 17 million households, [1] meaning an average of 27.3 million viewers, [2] which was much better than usual for ABC at the time, but behind most broadcasts of Friends on NBC, [1] which in its second season was averaging 29.4 million viewers per episode. Making the "Free as a Bird" video: An intriguing insight from director Joe Pytka into how the Grammy Award winning video was created

Though I'm 38 years old and about a generation away from the original Beatlemania phenomenon, I've been a huge fan of The Beatles for as long as I can remember. My brother gave me a copy of Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band for my 12th birthday and my obsession with the Fab Four hasn't abated since. To this day I consider them my favorite band, so it was with great pleasure that I opened up the new 8-disc DVD release of Apple Music's Beatles Anthology. Footage of the Beatles arriving at the John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York, 7 February 1964. Voice of Beatles Manager Brian Epstein can be heard saying – "If there was a turning point in their career, a specific date on which the scope of their future was to be altered, then it was the day they touched down at Kennedy International New York to a welcome seldom equalled anywhere in history."

The Beatles Anthology - Wikipedia

Anthology 2 was released on 17 March 1996. The second collection presented out-takes and demos from the Beatles' sessions for Help!, Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and Magical Mystery Tour. These included selected early demos and takes for Lennon's " Strawberry Fields Forever", previously available only to bootleg collectors. The new song " Real Love" – which, like "Free as a Bird", was based on an unfinished Lennon recording – was also included in the two-CD collection. Badman, Keith (2001). The Beatles: After the Break-Up 1970–2000: A Day-By-Day Diary. Omnibus Press. Your Mother Should Know – Footage from the film Magical Mystery Tour. This scene, known as the 'staircase' scene, was filmed in the disused aircraft hangars at RAF West Malling in Kent, in September 1967. More on 'All For Love' -- what Paul really said (with pictures)". Abbeyrd.best.vwh.net. Archived from the original on 28 November 2013 . Retrieved 20 August 2011. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band – Footage showing live performance by Jimi Hendrix at the Isle of Wight Festival on 31 August 1970.Footage from the classic comedy short film Running Jumping Standing Still, directed by Richard Lester.

The Beatles Anthology. Streaming Now. | The Beatles The Beatles Anthology. Streaming Now. | The Beatles

The Beatles Anthology is a documentary television series on the career of the Beatles. It was broadcast on UK television in eight parts on ITV between 26 November and 31 December 1995, while in the United States it was seen as three feature-length episodes on ABC between 19 and 23 November 1995. [1] It was released in greatly expanded form as an eight-volume VHS set and an eight-disc LaserDisc set on 5 September 1996. The series was re-released on DVD in 2003, with an 81-minute special-features disc. This section does not cite any sources. Please help improve this section by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. ( December 2021) ( Learn how and when to remove this template message) In October 1996 there was a strictly limited release from EMI, a slip case cover to house all three CD volumes, which have since become extremely rare, fetching high prices among collectors. Two specific elements make Anthology an artistic triumph. First there are the interviews. Each of the surviving Beatles had creative control over what content would go into the finished product and each also seems to have understood the great responsibility of documenting their careers on film. As a result, they were careful to leave in footage that is frank about their differences, that presents each of their unique views of events and that even puts them in a bad light from time to time. John is represented here by archival audio and video interviews that fit into the program so well that you'd think he was right there in the room with Paul, George and Ringo. George: "They'd been writing since we were at school. They'd written all – or most of their bad songs before we got into the recording studio. I had to come from nowhere and start writing and to have something at least quality enough to put in the record with all their wondrous hits."Overdubbed footage of the Beatles performing "Love Me Do" in 1963, which merges at the very end into brief footage of Ringo playing drums in 1995 during the Anthology sessions.

The Beatles - Anthology | Releases | Discogs The Beatles - Anthology | Releases | Discogs

Real Love Video: The video not screened as part of the original Anthology series, now in glorious 5.1 surround sound These youngsters from Liverpool, England... Their conduct over here, not only as fine professional singers but as a group of fine youngsters will leave an imprint with everyone over here who has met them." — Ed Sullivan Footage from the Beatles' Press Conference at Chicago on 11 August 1966 where John Lennon talks on the " More popular than Jesus" controversy. Production Team [13:03] – Neil Aspinall, Derek Taylor, Geoff Wonfor, Chips Chipperfield and other key members of the Anthology production Team explain the process of how The Beatles Anthology series was created. George commenting later: "...they said there was the least reported, or no reported crime. Even the criminals had a rest for ten minutes while we were on."Day Tripper (Recorded on 16 October 1965 – Take 3) – Taped TV promotional film of the song. — " Day Tripper – that was a drug song, I just liked the word." – John ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2003 DVDs" (PDF). Australian Recording Industry Association . Retrieved 17 December 2021. The series, which included over 5000 hours of planning and production, is composed of numerous film clips and interviews that present a complete history of the band from the Beatles' own personal perspectives. When it aired on ABC, the series comprised six hour-long programs, aired on three nights in November 1995. The series was later released as eight expanded episodes on VHS, laserdisc and as a boxed set of five DVDs (4 discs with 2 episodes apiece and a disc of extras).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment