276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Madonna

£11.625£23.25Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Very much of its time, it even stood up well amongst the underground House of the same period, and some 15 years later, has aged quite well. Her popularity and image had suffered a bit after the more sexually explicit Erotica (1992) and her Sex book. Beauty queen Athenna Crosby claims she was spotted having lunch with 'close friend' Matthew Perry a day. A more industry-seasoned and mature Madonna sought to make more serious statements as well as put music in front of her image. The thing that all club-goers know is that you can find yourself when you cut loose to movement; Madonna explores this as the album progresses, making the dance floor her confessional but there’s no contrition here.

She inspires women to demand respect in the outstanding “Express Yourself” and embraces love in the bouncy “Cherish.On pop ballad “Joan of Arc” she opens up about how she’s not impervious to the critics and later offers recollections of her career in “Veni Vidi Vici” and “Rebel Heart,” reflecting on her status as pop icon, her missteps and triumphs. You Can Dance (1987) is a remix album, released back when remix albums were a new thing, and also serves as her first retrospective, taking tracks from her first three albums including early club hits like “Everybody” and “Holiday” with more recent tracks like “Where’s the Party” and the previously unreleased “Spotlight,” which had been recorded during the True Blue sessions. Queen of Halloween dresses up as a PEACOCK with 10-person entourage while her husband rolls up as an EGG. Emilia Clarke reveals what her true fears were after suffering a brain haemorrhage: 'I wasn't afraid of dying. Eventually, Erotica would be certified double-platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), and go on to sell more than six million copies worldwide.

The title track soars, she acknowledges growth and learning from past mistakes on “Nothing Really Matters,” and she mesmerizes on “Frozen. the long-awaited follow-up to her 2008 album Hard Candy, features production from Benny Nenassi, The Demolition Crew, William Orbit, Martin Solveig and others. It had been ten years since the success of Confessions, and the lackluster reception of Hard Candy (2008) and MDNA (2012) again had fans worried. On several songs, Madonna is joined by other incredible artists, including Britney Spears (“Me Against The Music”); Justin Timberlake and Timbaland (“4 Minutes”); and Nicki Minaj (“Bitch I’m Madonna.The 12" Mix is great and so are the two dubs but in my opinion, with it's eerie opening chords, the Album Mix is just THE perfect classy NYC house-pop record.

You also need it for the inclusion of the great ballad “Crazy for You,” which had been on the Vision Quest soundtrack, dance masterpiece “Vogue” which had been on the Dick Tracy-inspired I’m Breathless album, and then-new songs “Justify My Love” and “Rescue Me.Like the original, FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE: THE RAINBOW EDITION spans Madonna’s entire dance club chart reign with dozens of remixes by the world’s top producers. The standard PR move would’ve been to apologize and move on, and promotion for Bedtime Stories seemed to imply a mea culpa was coming, but despite the softer sound Madonna remained defiant and unapologetic. Yes, there are many hit singles but her albums themselves are journeys through empowerment, love and loss, spiritual conflict, and the freedom of a dance beat. Good Morning Britain viewers demand Richard Madeley be dropped as he asks guest who lost 21 relatives when their house was bombed in Gaza: 'How close were you to your brothers?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment