276°
Posted 20 hours ago

On The Edge: My Story

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

One of Richard Hammond's favourite cars has been destroyed". YouTube. 10 March 2021 . Retrieved 11 March 2021. Richard Hammond unveils his new project car!". YouTube. 27 October 2021 . Retrieved 18 November 2021. On the Edge This is an excellent book, I listen to it a couple of years ago as an audiobook, but bought it now because 1.) It was so good I want to read it again and 2.) It will look smashing on my bookshelf 3.) I have a bit of a Top Gear obsession (and I’m not even a car fan. I found this autobiography by Richard Hammond extremely intriguing. Top Gear UK is my favorite television show and when I heard about this book I knew I had to read it. It goes into detail about a terrible accident that Richard Hammond suffered when he crashed a jet powered drag race car in 2006 while filming for Top Gear. He was going over 300 mph when one of the front tires on the car burst. This caused the car to barrel roll multiple times and take heavy damage. Hammond was later rushed to the hospital and obviously survived. Hammond writes in this book about his life leading up to the crash. He tells the story of his youth about he had a dare devil persona even as a kid trying stunts on his bicycle. Richard Hammond gives stories of his first jobs and girlfriends and just other little details of his life. He explains how incredibly nervous he was when auditioning for his role on Top Gear.

Richard Hammond books and biography | Waterstones Richard Hammond books and biography | Waterstones

The crash caused severe brain trauma and quite frankly, from the details I read, it's amazing that he survived much less recovered. a b Smith, Emma (24 February 2008). "On the Move: Richard Hammond". The Sunday Times. He had reached 314mph – an unofficial British land-speed record – before the accident, which was caused by a tyre bursting and sending the car spinning out of control, turning it upside down and leaving Hammond's head effectively to act as a brake as his helmet dug into the ground.Kiedyś przeczytałam darmowe 10 stron tej biografii, żeby przypomnieć sobie o nich po dobrych kilku latach i uznać, że chciałabym wiedzieć o czym opowiadają pozostałe 340 z nich. It is a very easy read, and felt at times as if I were sat with the Author talking about this over a cup of something hot. There are moments in the book where it feels as if the Author were in two minds as to whether he was going to share a particular item with the reader as it was too painful to relive, but share he does so as to make anyone, and their Families, feel like they are not alone whilst going through this kind of thing. a b c d "TV host seriously hurt in crash". BBC News. 21 September 2006. Archived from the original on 18 October 2007 . Retrieved 18 June 2009. He said: "We were down there with Top Gear who were filming him trying to break the British land speed record. This is a book more for the fan of the man rather than the fan of "Top Gear", although if all the show's fans like the man as much as I do, it's more or less the same thing. He may be short in stature, but the man has a huge heart.

On The Edge by Richard Hammond | Waterstones

Provides handy tips on helping you plan an eco-conscious trip, including ways to see through “greenwashing” and how to be a more thoughtful visitor, as well as lists for destination inspiration.’ Wanderlust Magazine He presented Richard Hammond and the Holy Grail in 2006. During the special, he travelled to various locations around the world, including the Vatican Secret Archives, exploring the history of the Holy Grail. [36] Speed king breaks 300mph barrier". BBC News. 6 July 2000. Archived from the original on 9 March 2008 . Retrieved 18 June 2009. Engineer Colin Farrows has smashed the British land speed record with a 300mph run in his jet-propelled car.Honda SS50. In 2014, Richard told Bike Magazine that the Honda had been disassembled and was being restored by his daughter. [127]

On the Edge by Richard Hammond | Goodreads

I have read many, many books. I am a student of literature. This book is still one of the best I have ever, and probably will ever, read. It is touching, but has humor, it is filled with love and heart, and shows how hard it is coping with brain injury, or indeed any injury, both from the person's perspective but also from the people surrounding the affected. Beautifully illustrated and easy to follow, this is the ideal companion for eco-conscious adventurers.’ Richard Hammond takes his dog for a walk in the new Defender". Youtube. 20 November 2020 . Retrieved 24 October 2022. Top Gear to have all-new team as Richard Hammond rules himself out". The Guardian. 24 April 2015 . Retrieved 28 May 2015.Richard Hammond: My lovely 1931 Lagonda". dailyrecord.co.uk. 17 October 2014 . Retrieved 4 February 2017. a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p Wilson, Hugo (July 2014). "A Ride With Richard Hammond". Bike Magazine. bikemagazine.co.uk. pp.34–42 . Retrieved 23 April 2017. Richard and Mindy Hammond on his life-threatening Grand Tour crash and escaping death for the second time". 8 December 2017. Archived from the original on 24 February 2019 . Retrieved 24 February 2019. a b c d e "Richard Hammond had to sell ALL these cars". YouTube. 8 November 2021 . Retrieved 27 January 2022.

On The Edge: My Story - Richard Hammond - Google Books

Clarkson: "I never thought I'd say it, but it's actually possible to get bored of watching Hammond fall of his motorbike all the time..."Early in his career, as well as his radio work, Hammond presented a number of daytime lifestyle shows and motoring programmes such as Motor Week on Men & Motors. Richard Hammond is one of our most in-demand and best-loved television presenters. In September 2006, he suffered a serious brain injury following a high-speed car crash. ON THE EDGE is his compelling account of life before and after the accident and an honest description of his recovery, full of drama and incident. And really, it does exactly what you’d expect it to – it covers the majority of Hammond’s life, with a particular focus on the car crash that almost killed him. Along the way, he receives a helping hand from Mindy, his wife who also happens to be the more talented writer of the two, and so you get to see two sides of his story.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment