276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition (Nintendo Switch)

£39.995£79.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Again, this is all stuff that should never have been a problem in the first place but, if we're to let bygones be bygones, combining these small wins with the frame rate and pacing improvements you've got an experience that is much improved over the dog's dinner we first sat down to. These improvements apply to all three games, although in terms of slight stutters and blurry effects, San Andreas does still chug here and there. And for those interested in the half-assed "physical" release, you're looking at about 12.1GB in "updates". 1GB for GTAIII, 5GB for Vice City (which is unplayable without), and 6.1GB for San Andreas. The latter is particularly ironic, because the "update" alone is bigger than the entirety of Vice City (how?). Maybe if they can sort the framerate issues out a bit I'd be tempted if it shows up at a steep discount, though it is not especially compelling as it stands. The second major issue that we had at launch involved an awful draw distance combined with vehicles that would materialise out of nowhere, making driving feel like a real chore. Add some serious scenery pop-in to this mix and you had a visual mess to contend with.

Well, as of right now, the trilogy has reached version 1.07 through a series of patches and updates, and sitting down to spend some time with all three the results so far are fairly reasonable. You can explore what is perhaps one of the best-looking Lego worlds through the use of vehicles, and it features the typical gameplay mechanics you’d expect to see from such a title. Honestly, Lego City Undercover is a fun time, and we suggest you give it a try if you’re after something with a GTA feel. We've spent about ten hours all told revisiting these games and in that time we've seen plenty of clipping issues, with our protagonist failing to connect with scenery properly whilst clambering and climbing around, we've spotted a few flying cars and floating NPCs here and there, and noticed some audio issues to boot.And I would absolutely KILL for a port/remaster of Bully, and if it doesn't include motion controls from the Wii version, then I don't want it. Bully was an absolute blast on Wii, and there has been nothing else like it since. What other game allows you to throw punches and administer wedgies in an open world setting? I can't imagine how Bully could possibly be as much fun with standard controls (though it should still be included as an option for handheld play, obviously, and those who simply do not like motion controls). It was such a fun and engrossing experience and I couldn't recommend it enough. This is the closest you can get to playing a Grand Theft Auto game without actually playing a GTA game. Saints Row: The Third is arguably the best in the series, and the fact you can play it on the go with your Switch is fantastic. Unsurprisingly, Saints Row: The Third features an open world and a lot of weapons.

The Switch button codes are converted from the classic GTA San Andreas cheats, they are unverified at the moment. We had to pause and turn the brightness level to max then reduce the contrast to zero just to make the picture look acceptable first of all.." Once again, as of patch 1.06, most of these issues have been improved, if not fixed entirely. The draw distance is better, the pop-in is nowhere near as bad, and the materialising cars, although still very much present, at least have the decency to appear out of nowhere slightly further down the road. Scapetti Yes, of course, the buildings popping-in in plain sight because they removed the distance fog are just fine. So is driving at full tilt, hitting empty air and crashing only for a car to spawn there after you've already hit empty air. Sounds just fine to me and not like shoddy coding at all.

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition News

The only problem with this game was bad marketing. This game is literally the same as the originals with all the same bugs and glitches. Ridiculously high expectations ruined this game. I wouldn't assume someone who enjoyed Skyrim to also enjoy Morrowind because the controls and systems are completely different, and the while franchise has gone in a totally different direction over the decades, the older titles have a lot of interesting mechanics the recent titles don't have anymore because they're more casual now. I think the same thing applies here, it's just not for everyone.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment