276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Addicted to You

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Addicted to You is a story that is just that- addictive. I can’t imagine finishing this book and not needing to dive right into the next. I can’t believe that I’ve waited this long to read this series, but I’m kind of glad I did. I can binge read them all now. :D again, it's really hard to like or even relate to the main characters and root for their relationship because they both enabled each other's addictions and there's also not much depth to the characters as they were all about their vices so that's why i couldn't connect with them ( side note: i only think this way the first time i read this but i've read almost half of the addicted/calloway series and lemme tell y'all,,, lili and lo?? I'LL DO ANYTHING TO PROTECT THESE TWO FICTIONAL CHARACTERS. imma keep my original thoughts here because not only did lily and lo had a character development but i did as well when it comes to my feeling between these two). Loren Hale’s best friend is his bottle of bourbon. Lily comes at a close second. For three years, they’ve pretended to be in a real relationship, hiding their addictions from their families. They’ve mastered the art of concealing flasks and random guys that filter in and out of their apartment.

Also i am living for the sweet moments between them, they were EVERYTHING. I was screaming and giggling at them. Through all this ugliness THEY ARE ADORABLE!!! He kisses my forehead before I can form thoughts, and when he pulls away, his lips brush my ear. “I’m here for you. Always "

News & Articles

I lovedd the found family they made. As they’ve only ever had and relied on each other as their addictions made it difficult to let people in easily. Even more considering the possibility in being called out on their bs. Each of them helped in balancing out their story so it didn’t feel so heavy as they were so used to the system they had. AND THEN when they finally get together that's where all the toxic shit happens. there were more bad than good that happened here and most of the time i do feel bad but other times i get so frustrated because of how selfish they both are- especially Lily. but i can't exactly be really mad at them cuz of their addiction and well, selfishness is the reality for addiction so- everything is just COMPLICATED. I guess the only way to be close to me is to inject yourself in my world because I won’t make the move to enter yours. That’s horrible, isn’t it?” Lily has more one-night-stands and Loren starts a sexual relationship with a woman named Cassie. That week, Lily goes through a blur of sex with strangers to the point that she didn't even know what the day was. Before diving into this story you need to understand that this is not your average contemporary romance, you need to keep in mind that the protagonist’s flaws and addiction problems aren’t here to serve or embellish the romance by sorting out the blemished parts of the characters and with that providing a satisfying ending. I think what made me love this book so much is the fact I knew what I was getting myself into and that helped for not getting irritated or angry at some a lot of the protagonist’s actions. With that said shall we start the review.

Look I stood with what I said but once I really dived into this series- I understand now and I'm just so in love with lilo- so yeah don't come at me for this 😌 Nauseating lurches from humour to horror ... it’s all part of the You experience. Photograph: Beth Dubber/Netflix Lilly is a sex addict and Loren is an alcoholic, and they are hiding their addictions from their families, friends, and the world. Best friends since childhood, they are now in a fake relationship so they can both hide their addictions and continue to fool everyone into thinking they are normal college students. this whole book was a painful ✨mess✨ the first 39% had a lot of OM drama and a little bit of OW drama for 2 chapters where Lily hears Lo with another girl, Cassie and that OW stayed with them for a week or something and then it was over. and as for OM drama well... she is a sex addict so she wasn't celibate. Lily is addicted to sex. Lo is addicted to alcohol. And they both use each other as a crutch to justify the addictions they cannot seem to control. They pretend to be a couple to their families, so they can continue to indulge in their addictions and not be questioned. After some time, they become a real couple, only to come to the conclusion that maybe they really aren’t that good for each other. Maybe feeding into one another’s addictions is only tearing them and their families apart.

Publication Order of Bad Reputation Duet Books

Rose accepts to have her life filmed in a reality show. Rose and 5 of her friends Lily, Lo, Ryke, Daisy, and Connor will be staying together for six months. During this period, three cameramen will follow them everywhere day and night to document their lives, and their personal lives will be shared with the world. Rose sees this as a perfect opportunity to revive her dying fashion line. Things get confusing when one of the producers takes a liking for Rose. The producer wants so bad to sleep with her. I'm not one of your conquests," he says in a throaty voice. "I know what you want, and you don't need to take it. I can give it to you... Let me try," he says, his hand cupping my face. "Let me try to be enough for you." if you are expecting a cute love story; then this isn’t the book for you. this is a very messy and complicated story. there’s romance in it, but it’s about something bigger than that. be aware that it focus a lot on the characters’s addictions and it is portrayed in a realistic — not romanticized — way. That was all included in it. I should have realised it from the beginning but now at the end the realisation has hit me hard. I have always said one thing: “True love is when the only thing stopping the lovers from getting together is the world or fate. Not themselves”

By covering for each other and understanding what it was that they each needed, they'd found a way to cope with their addiction. It might not have been healthy but neither of them could stop and they found a balance, albeit a dangerous one, that worked for them... But everything changed when they were forced to go on a family yacht trip -- sequestered together away from any possibility of enabling their addictions in secret, the only thing they had was each other... In terms of the sex between Lily and Lo, I was actually very of disappointed. I felt like there was always no build-up and that it was awkwardly rough, personally I thought it would've been nicer if the author made their sex a little more tender and intimate, I wish she that she would've shown that having sex with someone you love is way more powerful and fulfilling and DIFFERENT than having sex with a stranger or someone you're not at all emotionally invested in or attached to. Our love should have mended all the pain and the hurt. Instead, we’re met with more complications, more consequences, more frowns and furrowed brows.' I didn’t just have sex for fun or because it made me feel empowered. I liked the high, the rush, and how it seemed to fill an emptiness that kept growing inside of me.” This is a new adult book so I would recommend it to those who are over 18. I’ve said previously that all the books in this new genre are basically the same but I think that this one has more of a focus on the addictions which make it even fresher.

Rose Calloway: Lo calls her ice queen and i guess we can agree to an extent, she is cold — but she’s fierce and protective. Lily avoided her multiple times and yet Rose never stopped loving her and showing that she cared. when Lily told her about her sex addiction, Rose never once judged her, she was so kind and helpful. it made me so emotional. their bond is so special to me and i don’t have the words to explain how much i love it. Lily said, “In the end was not a boy who helped me, it was my sister” and it’s the truth. Rose is simply the best sister. Want to read a romance novel that will take you on an emotional roller-coaster, the Addicted to You book is an ideal choice. The storyline is unique since the hero and heroine all have deep-rooted issues, but in the end, love seems to be winning. The pace is perfect, the cast is impressive, and way the story is told can only mean that you will have a hard time putting down this book.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment