276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Wind in the Willows: Illustrated Edition (Union Square Kids Illustrated Classics)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Winn, Christopher (2010). I Never Knew That about the River Thames. Ebury Publishing. pp.84–85. ISBN 9781407080604 . Retrieved 17 January 2015. What a delightful thread! Thank you so much 2WonderY for sharing your thoughts and the sample illustrations. I have only just joined this group and now will have to scurry around to find out if there are similar posts on other books that I love! More Adventures With Mr. Toad (Palazzo-Craig, Janet. Kenneth Grahame's the Wind in the Willows, 3.) by Janet Palazzo-Craig

I'm dissatisfied with her renderings. They are quite stylized, with profile heads crowding most of the pictures, and very little action indicated.

Her characters are all more than acceptable, and they dominate the frame. But she manages to get both Rat’s and Mole’s sitting rooms just right, with details that speak of their interests and character and station in life. She pays particular attention to the script and faithfully records the details. For instance, her picnic spread is the most lavish.

The American post-hardcore band La Dispute adapted the first chapter of the book into the song "Seven" on their EP Here, Hear II. The Narnia books are in the latter category. I just can't, as an adult, find the magic in them. I'm quite certain it would have been there when I was a kid. Maybe I'll try them again in a few years and at least find Half Magic in them! The Wind in the Willows, another live-action TV film in 2006 with Lee Ingleby as Mole, Mark Gatiss as Ratty, Matt Lucas as Toad, Bob Hoskins as Badger, and also featuring Imelda Staunton, Anna Maxwell Martin, Mary Walsh, and Michael Murphy. The mice are just out-and-out adorably cute - big eyed and expressive. One little guy falls fast asleep at the supper table, noggin on the table and spoon still clutched in hand.Paik, Christine (19 March 2002). "NPR report". NPR. Archived from the original on 28 January 2012 . Retrieved 26 February 2013. So, yes, this is more definitive than Bransom's earlier work. Shepard first defined the characters, what they might wear, the setting, which scenes are essentials. I see that everyone since has had to measure against Shepard for validity. His map on the endpapers lays out the real deal. The Reluctant Dragon & Mr. Toad Show, a 1970–1971 TV series produced by Rankin/Bass Productions and animated overseas by Mushi Production in Tokyo, Japan, based on both The Reluctant Dragon and The Wind in the Willows. By the autumn of 1916, Shepard started working for the Intelligence Department sketching the combat area within the view of his battery position. [13] [14] On 16 February 1917, he was made an acting captain whilst second-in-command of his battery, and briefly served as an acting major in late April and early May of that year during the Battle of Arras before reverting to acting captain. [10] [15] [16] [17] He was promoted to substantive lieutenant on 1 July 1917. [18] Whilst acting as Captain, he was awarded the Military Cross. His citation read: [19] Episodes from 27September to 15November 1965, BBC Home Service, with Leonard Maguire, David Steuart, and Douglas Murchie.

Formerly a lecturer at the University of Bath where he was Director of Studies in the School of Education with responsibility for the professional development of teachers. He has worked extensively overseas as an educational consultant and this has given him the opportunity to give lectures and presentations at conferences all over the world.

Explore our most popular collections

I've experienced this - I tried to read it aloud at a Pajama Evening at the library and found it just didn't work. Yet is it really for children at all? Yes, its Riverbank characters are anthropomorphized animals—Mole, Rat, Badger, Otter, and Toad—and yes, E.H. Shepard’s famous illustrations (1931) are as gently winsome as those he drew for A.A. Milne’s Winnie-the-Pooh books in the 1920s. Nonetheless, to read The Wind in the Willows aloud to a little boy or girl can be disillusioning. Except for the misadventures of the self-dramatizing Toad, there’s really not much action and the mood music of Grahame’s prose sometimes bores the fidgety young." Dixon Scott's A Fresh Wind in the Willows, illustrated by Jonathon Coudrille, was published by Heinemann/Quixote in England in 1983 and Dell Yearling in the United States in 1987.

Was Crinan the seed for Wind in the Willows?". Oban Times. 11 January 2008 . Retrieved 26 February 2013.Wind in the Willows, a 1985 Tony-nominated Broadway musical with book by Jane Iredale, lyrics by Roger McGough and music by William P. Perry, starring Nathan Lane Rat: known as "Ratty" to his friends (though actually a water vole), he is astute, charming, and affable. He enjoys a life of leisure; when not spending time on the river, he composes doggerel. Ratty loves the river and befriends Mole. He can be very unsettled about subjects and endeavours outside his preferred routine, but is persistently loyal and does the right thing when needed, such as when he risks his life to save Mole in the Wild Wood, and helps rid Toad Hall of the unruly weasels. Ratty is the free and easy sort, as well as a dreamer, and he has a poetic thought process, finding deeper meaning, beauty, and intensity in situations others may see through more practical eyes. Original Winnie-the-Pooh map sets world record at auction". The Guardian . Retrieved 17 September 2022. Shepard, Ernest H. (1961). Drawn from Life. London: Methuen. {{ cite book}}: CS1 maint: location missing publisher ( link) Seth Lerer’s The Wind in the Willows: An Annotated Edition was published in 2009 by Belknap Press of Harvard University Press. ISBN 978-0-674-03447-1

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment