276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Citadel Pot de Peinture - Steel Legion Drab Games Workshop,12 ml (Pack of 1),Black,9918995001706

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The tank and the turret were the biggest and most involved subassembly. I painted the turret separately gluing a piece of sprue to the inside to act as a holder. Stowage: I painted this the same as the Valhallan pants. Steel Legion Drab, Tallarn Sand, Agrax Earthshade wash. Leather straps the same as the boots and straps on the infantry – Rhinox Hide, Agrax Earthshade, and Doombull Brown.

This scheme was developed as a way to paint a large number of Forgeworld resin Death Korps of Krieg models very efficiently. As much fun as that army project was, I was very glad to see Death Korps redone in glorious plastic. Efficiency, repeatability, and looking good en-masse are the keys to this scheme; which I think it accomplishes. I went with a classic blue-grey greatcoat, yellow calfskin leather, and steel detailing. The calfskin and blue-grey contrast each other well and keep the bare bones infantry squads visually distinct on the table.

SRM’s Method

Mix in a little more Tallarn Sand and layer up again, concentrating on raised areas where light would hit Commonly known as the Imperial Guard, the Astra Militarum are the Imperium’s standing army of regular old humans. Making up the vast majority of the Imperium’s military forces, Guard soldiers are the first line of defense against the threats to the Imperium. Every world in the Imperium has its own force of guard, and soldiers in the Guard are drawn from worlds across the galaxy and stationed in locations of strategic or cultural importance. On the ground, the Astra Militarum’s infantry forces are supported by legions of heavy tanks and artillery and in the air, they’re supported by the Imperial Navy. While the Adeptus Astartes are the Emperor’s Angels of Death, making surgical strikes and taking out key targets, the Guard are the Emperor’s Hammer, acting as the full armored might of the Imperium. Adam: Great question! There are many ways to achieve a really dusty look, so we’ll talk about one that we think is very multifunctional and looks good across many different armour types and colours. First, we get a dollop of Steel Legion Drab on our palette and then thin it down with water to a consistency similar to our Shade paints – very, very thin.

Paint the bolter casing and the tactical symbol with Cermite White. This may take a couple of coats. Its neutral, muted tone provides exceptional coverage and a blank canvas for building up layers of color and detail. What armies can you paint with Steel Legion Drab? mix of Vallejo Game Color Dead Flesh and Pallid Wych Flesh but only on the edge of the yellow blobs Author’s Note: I painted my Vostroyans 12 years ago and some things have changed. More spray paint colors are available but older Citadel Colors like Rotting Flesh paint are no more. You can substitute with Putrid Green from Coat D’Arms or a slightly greener paint in the form of Ogryn Camo. I first airbrushed the tank solid VMC Khaki, the same color as the fatigues of my guardsmen. I then varnished over it.

Jack’s Method

Apply your brightest colour as a dot highlight wherever two edges meet – just a tiny point will do. It might not seem like much, but it will make your highlights pop out nicely and give the impression of a reflective surface. Honourbound by Rachel Harrison is a relatively recent novel that covers the exploits of Severina Raine, an Imperial Guard commissar of the 11th Antari Rifles. Goonhammer’s Coda wrote a glowing review of this one already, if you’re looking for motivation. In 6th edition these guys had their own codex and a half decent formation in it, so I have a buttload of Tempestus Scions, or as I still call them, Stormtroopers. Their boots, pouches, straps, weapon casings, metallics, and lenses are all the same as I detailed in the above Valhallan infantry and tank guides. The pants were painted the same as the coats of the Valhallan infantry, as that gives them a cleaner look and I figure these guys would get to go to the Imperial laundromat. All that’s left is their armor! Infantry P3 Paints did not really match very closely with the old GW range, but a detailed explanation of each paint can be found here: http://www.brushthralls.com/pre-painting-prep/color-theory-10p3.html I tried to carry over a lot of the color palette from my infantry to make my tanks look like they belong, but I also didn’t want them to look like solid khaki lumps on the tabletop. I chose to go with suicidally bold squadron markings.

Chaos Space Marines: The Chaos Space Marines are a faction of traitorous, corrupted Space Marines in Warhammer 40K, known for their twisted, demonic weaponry and armor. The Steel Legion Drab paint is a great choice for creating a realistic, weathered finish on their armor, machinery, and vehicles. The blade is almost exclusively glazes over Mephiston, you could replicate this by just mixing on your palette to approximate the glazes. Anywhomst, here’s how to paint these not-quite Soviets who are more Red Alert 3 than Red Scare in a very efficient paintscheme that focused largely around 3 shades of brown: Hey gang, it’s your boi deezy. Y’all have seen my Raven Guard in HTPE: Raven Guard, but before that project, I was working on my Steel Legion. While I consciously attempted to elevate my painting with the Raven Guard project, my prime directive whilst painting Steel Legion was to get them on the table . This method was effective, as I have over 7,000 points of Steel Legion fully painted. While they look good, especially when massed for battle, they are not up to my standard of painting anymore. I still love them, though. No doubt about it. Infantry Base the model how you see fit – here I used Stirland Mud drybrushed with Baneblade Brown, a little static grass and a tuft. I always use XV-88 for the rim of my collection.Answer is… run real light on infantry, convert lots of monsters and vehicles and Rough Riders and Ogryns, and lose plenty of games! At least that’s my technique. Closest thing to ‘real’ advice would be “paint in squads of ten, break them up with fun centerpiece models.” Starting to paint, my first step was the cape. Despite it being on the outside of the model, I wanted to use an airbrush to paint it, and it would be much easier to mask it rather than trying to mask everything else. You can follow my guide in How to Paint Everything: Blood Angels to see how I painted it. If you kept the combi-melta separate, this is a great time to paint it red as well. Once those airbrush steps were dry, I gave it a complete coat of gloss varnish and then masked it with Humbrol Maskol (use a brush you hate, 50/50 you end up getting liquid latex drying in the brush). The entire thing took me around an hour, which is not bad when you’ve got ten of them to do! I’m looking forward to getting the rest of the squad painted up ready for some Kill Team, or as the basis for a future expansion of my existing Astra Militarum army with some newer and shinier models. Drybrush the dirt with Steel Legion Drab followed by a lighter drybrush of Gorthor Brown (optional: do a final light drybrush of Ushabti Bone) Finally, I added a coat of matte varnish to everything. The weapons are actually magnetized so they can be switched out, but that’s it’s own separate article.

Ushabti on the cloth wrappings on their legs and the bed roll, I also base the lights with this colour to be covered with contrast Add a little Warboss Green to the Waaagh Flesh and layer up, leaving the darker color in the recessesMetallics: Leadbelcher, a wash of Nuln Oil, and an occasional highlight of Stormhost Silver was all it took. Easy.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment