276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Douchebag Skibag, Unisex

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

ow profile and lightweight, designed to hold two pairs of skis and accessories or two snowboards and accessories, the Djärv wheelie ski bag is great for the everyday ski trip. Perhaps I’ll head to one of these American summer skiing locations to get some turns in while I’m at it. Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! As I got older, I got tired of dealing with my free-hanging boots that insisted on bumping into my sides, my elbows, and the foreheads of people sitting in their assigned seats patiently waiting for the airplane to finish loading. I finally got a ski boot bag and, since then, haven’t had to beg for forgiveness from strangers who just had their wireframe glasses broken by my toe lugs.

The story behind that viral, terrifying ski lift malfunction video you’ll see posted across social media all winter long The products were especially popular in Scandinavian countries, where Jon Olsson had most of his audience and where Douchebags was headquartered (Oslo). It also helped that the word douchebag didn’t have the same connotation with Norwegians and Swedes as it did with native English speakers, who liked the bags but not the name. To fulfil these needs, the two had to develop new technology. By involving ski bum and award-winning product designer Per Finne and the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, the team developed a patented technology that made all of their travelling dreams come true. I used to be in that second group. I thought boot bags were a waste of money, and besides, carrying around my ski boots announced to everyone at the Denver airport, ski area parking lot, or ski area hotel lobby that I am, obviously, a skier (just in case they couldn’t tell by my ski brand logo shirt and awkwardly long ski bag).In 2009, Norwegian engineering student Truls Brataas and Swedish freeski legend Jon Olsson met while surfing in the village of Hoddevik, Norway. Both were passionate about action sports. Both were travelers. Both thought that the luggage available on the market — to carry their surfboards, snowboards and skis — needed a lot of work. Together, they felt they could solve this problem. I’d love to tell you that I’m taking the bag to Ski Portillo next month for testing, but, thanks to Covid restrictions, I will have to wait a bit longer before I can test the Db Duplex’s performance on a long haul flight and in the field. But I do plan to use it for some car camping trips this summer as it’s versatile enough for that, too. Chalk up: Get comfortable chalking while you’re climbing as you’ll want to keep your palms as blister-free as possible. Practice dunking each hand into the bag, leaving the other hand available for stability.

The Duplex does incorporate Db’s signature Hook Up system, making it easy to attach to a Db Snow Roller or other Db wheeled luggage option. This makes the Duplex a mandatory addition to anyone who has already joined Db’s expansive luggage universe. OK, I'll admit it, I've become a powder snob. I realized this the other week when I was questioning whether to get on the bus to the hill. It hadn't snowed, so why bother? Well, the reason to bother was twofold. First, I was there on holiday to snowboard, and the alternative was to sit in our budget accommodation that closely resembled a shed. Second — and more importantly — it wasn't exactly bad conditions for snowboarding. OK, so there were some patches of ice, but so what? After a lot of tinkering, Truls and Jon developed a ski bag that was unlike anything the world had ever seen. It was length adjustable, collapsable, lightweight and strong. Perfect, but they needed a name. One night, after a few drinks, one of them mentioned the name “Douchebags.” They laughed it off and kept brainstorming. But they were having trouble thinking of a name that was edgy and irreverent. This was their one shot at launching a truly revolutionary product, and they had to have something memorableRelated: Meet the Brand That’s Bagging Ocean Microplastics, One Duffel at a Time Michelle Parker loading up her Db Duplex in Alaska. Photo: Jay Dash/Courtesy of Db. The Db concept was born in the summer of 2009. During that week, twin-tip legend and GS skier Jon Olsson met up with product engineer and entrepreneur Truls Brataas, and the two discovered a mutual passion for action sports, travelling and smart product design. With the exclusive goal of having fun, while creating outstanding products, the two initiated the Db project. As Douchebags grew from side-project to a truly global brand, the name became the elephant in the room, and communications increasingly used the shortened version of “Db” instead of the full name, Douchebags. It was clear that if the company wanted to reach more people, particularly in native English speaking countries like the United States, UK and Australia, they’d have to change the name. The ski bag they made assumed the namesake of the company, and The Douchebag (now called Snow Snowroller) became the most celebrated ski luggage in modern history. They then began developing other innovative, celebrated products. Rest: Rest is key, especially when you start to take on longer routes that involve 30, 50, or 100 or more holds. Take advantage of spots on said routes where you can relax at least most of your body either by balancing or wedging yourself in position.

Well, if you've ever snowboarded on ice, you know exactly how that feels. It's hard snowboarding on ice. It's even harder falling on ice. But icy patches and icy days are unavoidable if you want to maximize your resort days every winter. What's more, they're good for you. Not every day is lined with freshies — if only, eh? — and knowing how to snowboard in mixed conditions is an important part of progressing as a snowboarder. But just how do you snowboard on ice? Here are some snowboarding tips for those conditions — for veterans and even snowboarding for beginners. Then Jon Olsson realized he had something that could help them — an audience. Jon asked his fans on Youtube, “What should we call our new bag company?” They received scores of responses, but one name kept coming up...Douchebags. Thanks to the reinforcements built into the exterior lining in critical locations, the bag is still utilitarian and comfortable when only carrying ski boots on one side with nothing else inside. Douchebags even created Hugger Roller Bag 90L, roller bag that was protected with their patented Rib Cage construction and its little brother, Hugger Roller Bag 60L Roller Bag.

The brand formerly known as Douchebags just released the new Db Duplex duffel that happens to comfortably hold your ski boots and more.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment